Author Topic: Flirting w/Husband  (Read 13486 times)

AmysAuntie

• Cat woman extraordinaire
Re: Flirting w/Husband
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2012, 11:38:06 PM »
I've been in the husband's position - that is, having had a female try to sit in my lap and flirt with me.  I just stood up and let her fall on the floor.

ETA: I'd never met this person before and wasn't interacting with her before she sat on me.
[/quote]

Oh, I wish hubby had had the presence of mind to do what you did.  Of course, that might have made my stepdaughter's relationship with her MIL a wee bit "uncomfortable".   (We'd never met her until the day of the flashing incident, either.)

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2012, 05:46:06 AM »
What? You don't think the MILs actions might have made your stepdaughter's relationship with her MIL a wee bit "uncomfortable" already?

Shopaholic

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »
My ex-BF once told me that he was out with his friends at a bar when a completely unknown woman came up to him and French kissed him.
He said he was too shocked to push her away.
We were in our early twenties, I'm guessing she was about the same age.

SoCalVal

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »
I don't know if the phone number thing would've bothered me, but I couldn't see it happening with DF.

I once witnessed some girl hitting on DF.  I didn't catch it at first until the end of the event we all were participating in and asked him about it after we left (I asked him if it were my imagination or had that girl been hitting on him; he said he got that impression as well).  I don't think she was ignoring our relationship but just being stupid (I guess the fact that we were wearing matching aprons and wearing matching rings on our left hands escaped her attention).  I think it wasn't until we all got to sit down for breakfast and I gave him something from my plate that she finally got it and stopped lavishing him with her gushing attention.  I just laughed when I confirmed it in the car.  I figured she misread him and thought he was interested in her (he's a huge extrovert -- he shows interest in EVERYONE and treats them the same way when he's being friendly and inquisitive).

Someone flashing him?  We would've left.  DF is also a devout Catholic; he would've been so uncomfortable we would've left.  Sitting on his lap?  I think he would've froze and looked around for help.  I'm not sure how I'd react.  While the desire to yank the offending party up by her hair and shove her to the floor would be a tempting thought a la Walter Mitty, I'm not a violent person.  I think I might be compelled to confront them both and ask why she's sitting on his lap and "politely" request that she move.  I really have never faced such a situation before so who knows what I would actually do.  My younger sister dealt with some brazen woman repeatedly brushing up against BIL at a club once (ignoring the fact that my sister was obviously with him and had her arms wrapped around him).  The third time the woman brushed up against him, my sister knew she was doing it on purpose and shoved her.  Interestingly, it stopped happening.

AmysAuntie

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2012, 11:32:35 PM »
What? You don't think the MILs actions might have made your stepdaughter's relationship with her MIL a wee bit "uncomfortable" already?

Oh, I know they already WERE.  Out daughter was the one who warned me about her in the first place.  I'm pretty sure not even our daughter and her husband (Flashy's son) expected her to go quite so far off the deep end.

Iris

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2012, 11:43:29 PM »

Oh, I know they already WERE.  Out daughter was the one who warned me about her in the first place.  I'm pretty sure not even our daughter and her husband (Flashy's son) expected her to go quite so far off the deep end.

Oh my goodness, I've just realised that this must have been excrutiatingly mortifying for your SIL. I can't imagine how I would feel if my mother FLASHED my guests, particularly my spouse's parents.  :-[
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

MizA

• Every day is the best day ever.
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »
Someone flashed my partner once.  He turned to me and said "Look, honey!  Like yours, but only smaller and not as nice!".  To her, in an amazingly loud stage whisper, "MizA's are the stuff of *legend*.

Oh, how I laughed.

The last time someone sat on his lap uninvited, I sat on her lap. while she was on his lap.  And asked another friend to sit on my lap.  Who beckoned another friend onto his lap.  She asked me what the rock I was doing.  I told her I though we were playing chairs...  Was I wrong? 

She never tried that with any of the fellows in our group again.

The whole "You poor, addled dear" approach sounds like a definite win.  Must add that to the toolbox for next time!
)'( The world would rather hug you than hurt you )'(

AmysAuntie

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »
Oh my goodness, I've just realised that this must have been excrutiatingly mortifying for your SIL. I can't imagine how I would feel if my mother FLASHED my guests, particularly my spouse's parents.  :-[
[/quote]

G was embarrassed, but as he said later, compared to some of the antics she had pulled during and following her marriage to his dad, flashing was a minor offense.

SoCalVal

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2012, 12:23:17 AM »
Someone flashed my partner once.  He turned to me and said "Look, honey!  Like yours, but only smaller and not as nice!".  To her, in an amazingly loud stage whisper, "MizA's are the stuff of *legend*.

The last time someone sat on his lap uninvited, I sat on her lap. while she was on his lap.  And asked another friend to sit on my lap.  Who beckoned another friend onto his lap.  She asked me what the rock I was doing.  I told her I though we were playing chairs...  Was I wrong?

I think both of these responses are great.

squashedfrog

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 06:28:23 AM »

Oh, how I laughed.

She never tried that with any of the fellows in our group again.

The whole "You poor, addled dear" approach sounds like a definite win.  Must add that to the toolbox for next time!

This is genius!

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »
After this I am advocating for a change in title to "Golden Girls Gone Wild" I dare you to read that and not think of Betty White and laugh. Which is really the way to treat this story, as a silly grasping old woman deserving of pity (oh, poor dear) and possibly a good therapist (evil Blondie says knock on the head. That is why she stays caged.)

Actually, wasn't it Rue, not Betty, who was the usual one on the prowl?

True, but even Blanche (her character) wasn't that trashy.

There's flirting and there's trashy.  That woman is just trashy.
Bless her heart.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »
I understand the thought about the guy needing to stand up or speak out about the "Flirt/Maneater".  However, for guys like my DH, they are usually pretty oblivious to flirting in general.  Seriously, my guy never sees it unless it is done in force with a blunt object.  Most good guys are not use to being the "prey" and so probably don't know what to do. 

Just before we were married, my now-DH came to a work event and said that some woman was hitting on him.  He acknowledged that she was very aggressive since he normally wouldn't have noticed.  The next year, he came to another event (we were married by this point) and the woman hit on him in front of me.  Added bonus she was our HR director at the time.  He stuck to me like glue anytime he saw her. 
Granted she didn't flash him or sit in his lap, but he was worried about how to deal with her since she could fire me.   (She has since left the company several years ago)

Since the husband in the OP was not responding to the "attacks" and didn't encourage them, I am going to give him a little more leaway.

My DH is this type of guy.  You practically have to hit him over the head to make him realize someone is flirting with him.  Right before we married a female coworker of his invited him to go skiing at "her place in the mountains" and asked if he'd ever cheat on "that girl you're planning to marry".  He thought she was making small talk.  ::)

However, there's a big difference between flirting and being grossly inappropriate.  This woman crossed so far over the line she's practically in another country.  I think the best response to finding her on the husband's lap would be a coldly polite "Excuse me, you're in MY seat".

weeblewobble

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »

Oh, how I laughed.

First of all, I love your husband, but not in an aggressive way that would make him ridicule my girls.

Second, this reminds me of a friend of mine living in a major city.  She rode the metro train frequently and was occasionally subjected to upsetting, inappropriate behavior by male passengers.  At one point, late at night, she was riding alone and waiting for her training to leave a station.  The platform was pretty much empty except for this creepy guy in a long coat and sweat pants who was staring at my friend through the glass.  He kept creeping closer and closer until the train was about to pull out.  Then he exposed himself to her while he had this big awful grin on his face. 

My friend, however, was used to this, so she frowned, as if she wasn't all that impressed, then held up her fingers as if she was measuring "this much."  Only her fingers were very close together.  So "this much," wasn't all that much.  This made the man very angry and he screams obscenities and threats while the train pulled away.

I don't think I could have thought so quickly in the same situation.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »
That reminds me of someone who reportedly responded to a flasher with, "Oh, look, it's like a *****, only smaller!"
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »
Not hat pins - knitting needles. Pick your size from tiny baby socks or lace to large afghan needles almost large enough for Buffy's slayer bag.

Snarky and Evil will happily loan you a spare knitting arsenal, er, bag.

The stunner, blaster, and nerve disrupter are optional - choice of baby blanket, scarf, or random sock project.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?