Author Topic: Possibly the most outrageous request I've ever heard! Update pg. 9, 15, 20, 29  (Read 73509 times)

rain

OP - any further updates?
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Brockwest

Thank you Salvage  :)

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
I doubt we will get any updates. If the wedding hasn't been called off them the brother and Louise are working things out and I would expect the details of that to be kept between the couple.

MummyPumpkin83

posting for updates, if we get any.
Mummy to 3 little Pumpkin boys!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Darn - this was one that I wanted to find out what happened.

I suppose it may take a while for the OP to get back to us, if there is a delay in the wedding for Susan's brother & Louise to work through whether or not her distaste for his sister is a deal killer.

Or perhaps she found out that there is a genetic risk to her children of the same thing and Louise is having to decide if that is a deal killer......?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
Or perhaps she found out that there is a genetic risk to her children of the same thing and Louise is having to decide if that is a deal killer......?

That made me suck air in very sharply.

greencat

The wedding isn't until November, if I remember the OP correctly - we might not get an update on the situation until then unless the wedding gets called off.

Also, if I was Susan's brother, I'd have changed her role in the wedding from being one of the bride's attendants to being one of the groom's attendants.  I feel like assigning the bride/groom attendant roles based on gender rather than which half of the couple you're closest to is a little outdated...

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!

That made me suck air in very sharply.

I don't remember if it was the OP or someone else who mentioned that there is a genetic component to something that causes more females than males to be born this way.  I don't know why Susan has half an arm (I'm assuming that she is way too young to be a Thalidomide [sp] baby) - but if it is genetic and not a developmental anomaly......well, I don't know what Louise's reaction would be to being told that one of her daughters could end up looking a lot like Aunt Susan.

I don't know what her reaction would be - but I'm guessing that it wouldn't be something she is thinking about it.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

asb8

Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay, I just recently heard from Susan.

The wedding will go ahead as planned, however since Susan has two young children to keep track of, it would be easier for her not to be in the wedding party.  This is what Susan plans to tell anyone who asks, as Susan told Louise she would keep this "disgraceful incident*" between them.  There was someone sort of confrontation between them that I don't have details on, but Susan seems pleased with the outcome.

Susan did tell me that everyone has at least one really stupid moment in their lives, that hopefully this was Louise's, and she will let it drop provided nothing like this ever happens again.  She isn't going to hold it against her brother for marrying Louise.  They love each other and make each other happy.  And Susan loves her brother.  She really wants his weddding day to be happy and unclouded, and she's willing to do her part to make that happen.

*Actual phrase used when Susan spoke to Louise. 

PS-to answer recent queries, I don't think there is a genetic componant to Susan's arm.  Both her kids have all limbs and she wasn't particularly worried about it when she was pregnant with them.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: Possibly the most outrageous request I've ever heard! Update pg. 9, 15, 20, 29
« Reply #429 on: September 22, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »
Wow.

I'm going to be the first to say it: I actually feel that Dave is worse than Louise in this, unless Louise *grovelled* to Susan.  Anyone who told a family member of mine "oh sorry, I only want normal* looking people at my wedding, and you're not," I'd have to tell them "You can count me out, too."

* -- Likely Louise's thinking, not mine!

GreenBird

Re: Possibly the most outrageous request I've ever heard! Update pg. 9, 15, 20, 29
« Reply #430 on: September 22, 2012, 04:59:09 PM »
I just want to say that Susan is really a class act! 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #431 on: September 22, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
Wow.

I'm going to be the first to say it: I actually feel that Dave is worse than Louise in this, unless Louise *grovelled* to Susan.  Anyone who told a family member of mine "oh sorry, I only want normal* looking people at my wedding, and you're not," I'd have to tell them "You can count me out, too."

* -- Likely Louise's thinking, not mine!

Wow. Yeah, me too. I know if I had found out prior to a wedding that my betrothed was as nasty as Louise is being, I'd say to my fiance "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."  I wouldn't marry someone who proved themselves to be this narrow minded.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

DollyPond

snip

There was someone sort of confrontation between them that I don't have details on, but Susan seems pleased with the outcome.

snip

My guess is that there was first a "confrontation" between Dave and Louise and that Louise then turned it around onto Susan.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #433 on: September 22, 2012, 05:31:54 PM »
Susan is the epitome of grace.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.