News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 29, 2015, 11:55:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pumpkin  (Read 8683 times)

Pippen

Re: Pumpkin
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 04:46:44 AM »
It is also a magical digestive aid if your pooch has bottom problems. Not quite as magical in the house as it would be outside but pretty effective either way.

squashedfrog

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 06:38:18 AM »
I have been waiting for pumpkins to come into season in the UK.  There's a Thai recipe for a steamed pumpkin custard pudding I had on my honeymoon I have been dying to try.

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »
I have been waiting for pumpkins to come into season in the UK.  There's a Thai recipe for a steamed pumpkin custard pudding I had on my honeymoon I have been dying to try.

Recipe!! =D That sounds awesome!

Jones

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
Last night my SIL hollowed out a small pumpkin and baked a GF meatloaf in it. Delicious!
“A real desire to believe all the good you can of others and to make others as comfortable as you can will solve most of the problems.” CS Lewis

Cat-Fu

• My cat is a ninja
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 02:36:03 PM »
I make pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, roasted pumpkin (sweet & savory) and a really yummy pumpkin sage sauce that goes with raviolis.  I can't bring myself to carve them anymore because it feels wasteful. I love roasting the seeds with garlic and sea salt.

I do buy canned pumpkin for my cats. I love them so, but not enough to roast and puree pumpkin as often as they need it. :P
“Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.” PBS

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »
Last night my SIL hollowed out a small pumpkin and baked a GF meatloaf in it. Delicious!

I know what meatloaf is, but what is a GF meatloaf?  One made from ground friends?   ;D

Cat-Fu

• My cat is a ninja
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 03:46:43 PM »
I'm guessing gluten-free?
“Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.” PBS

Jones

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
Sorry, yes, gluten free. SIL is a celiac, and tests are showing I am intolerant to wheat *sob*
“A real desire to believe all the good you can of others and to make others as comfortable as you can will solve most of the problems.” CS Lewis

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »
Sorry, yes, gluten free. SIL is a celiac, and tests are showing I am intolerant to wheat *sob*

Oh.  Well all right then.    :)