Author Topic: First Date Popcorn Hoarding? What do you think? more info 16 update pg 8, 10  (Read 46455 times)

LeveeWoman

Re: First Date Popcorn Hoarding? What do you think? more info 16 update pg 8, 10
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2012, 03:28:23 PM »

So yep, you guessed it, he starts to frown and asks why she needs two sides(??).    He then tells her that that is “totally defeating the object of going down the gym, as what’s the point in doing all that exercise if you are just going to pig out afterwards?”  (not sure if those the exact words, but the phrase pig out was definitely

Does anyone else hear a woman's voice saying, "And that's when I stabbed him with a fork, Your Honor." ?

LOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raintree

• Super Hero!
Re: First Date Popcorn Hoarding? What do you think? more info 16 update pg 8, 10
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »
This is my BIL.  He weighs, literally, 500lbs or more and is of average looks.  He refuses to even consider a woman who is not supermodel beautiful and considers it 'lowering his standards' - he posts long FB rants about how he won't 'settle' for just anyone and if that means he'll be alone forever, then that's ok with him. (except he whines, so no it's not).  He also has the charming habit of posting nasty jokes about women he sees on dating sites.  Not specific women, but he'll pos a picture of an ugly animal and say,'Most of the women on <dating site> look like this!!!!!'.  Charming.  He also gripes a lot about 'SIFs' - Secret Internet Fatties.  He asserts that most women post overly flattering photos, and are all really extremely obese and unattractive.

Is it any wonder he can't get a date?

Has anyone ever said to him, "I think the kind of women you're looking for are going to be looking for a guy who keeps himself in shape." Or just ask him what qualities HE has to offer these women. I'd be interested to know what makes him think he's such a prize.

You know, going back to the OP's update, I am so pleased that the woman called the guy out on his commentary of her eating habits. I bet he never expected to hear that. The other sign that he's a control freak is the "I'll pay for this, so I suggest we both order X" line. If you're treating someone, the polite thing to do is ask the person what they would like. (And in turn, the person being treated does not take advantage by ordering the most expensive thing on the menu). In fact, if he were a gentleman, he wouldn't mention the check until after the meal, and then he'd quietly go settle the check with the server afterwards. Good on her for insisting on paying for her own, thereby not relinquishing control.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2012, 04:42:44 PM »

So yep, you guessed it, he starts to frown and asks why she needs two sides(??).    He then tells her that that is “totally defeating the object of going down the gym, as what’s the point in doing all that exercise if you are just going to pig out afterwards?”  (not sure if those the exact words, but the phrase pig out was definitely

Does anyone else hear a woman's voice saying, "And that's when I stabbed him with a fork, Your Honor." ?

"Then, he ran into my knife.  He ran into it ten times.  He had it comin', he had it comin' all along..."

WIN  :D

Why thank you! :) It's my favorite song from Chicago. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2012, 04:46:26 PM »
You know, if the person treating me were taking me to a restaurant they liked and I'd never been there, I wouldn't mind if they suggested something that they liked to order and knew was tasty.  But if they said "let me order" I'd say "How bout you suggest something and I'll consider it?"

I'm also reminded of Molly Brown's line in "Titanic" after Cal orders the lamb, rare, with very little mint sauce for himself and Rose.  Molly (the lovely Kathy Bates) leans over saying "You gonna cut 'er meat for her too there, Cal?"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Cat-Fu

• My cat is a ninja
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
Yikes! This guy sounds like a legit jerk. Good for your friend, squashedfrog!

What a guy, to get ants in his pants over a *side.* Or popcorn, for that matter. That terrible 100 calories will surely do in any woman's svelte figure!  ::)
“Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.” PBS

Iris

« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2012, 06:04:16 PM »

Bahahahahaha!

OP - I admit I did a little excited dance when I read that there was an update coming! It didn't disappoint either :) Please say thank you to your friend for providing us with so much entertainment.

NyaChan - I don't normally talk like this because it sounds a bit cutesy, but just so you know, DH and I have both gained weight, but I've gained more and I gained it earlier. If I say "I'm really unmotivated tonight will you set up my treadmill for me so it's just that bit easier?" he will and that's his only involvement in my weight loss efforts. No comments, no diet police, lots of love and support and compliments. Reading this thread made me walk away from the computer to let him know how much I appreciate him.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
All the way across the Atlantic here in Canada, I was waiting to hear how her date went as well. The guy had no idea how many people were anxiously awaiting to hear his next move.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »
All the way across the Atlantic here in Canada, I was waiting to hear how her date went as well. The guy had no idea how many people were anxiously awaiting to hear his next move.

Too true! We're all cheering OP's friend and OP for relaying the story. I think each and every one of us should mail him one piece of popcorn from our locations with a note that says "I ate a piece of buttery popcorn in your honor."

Cat-Fu

• My cat is a ninja
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
I'm home alone tonight, I'm eating way more than one piece of popcorn! I may squeeze in an extra cupcake in his honor, though. ;)
“Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.” PBS

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2012, 06:58:46 PM »
Yep, there certainly do seem to be a lot of "No Fat Chicks" types about. 

They seem to keep getting dumped!   ;)

I dated ^^this^^ guy for 4 years and let me tell you, my friend list was very depleted by the time we broke it off.  While I'm not a "fat chick" I do (did) have friends who were over a size two. You would have thought that they were mass murderers/psychotic freaks the way he treated them.

It took me a very very very long time to win some of my friends back and some of them refuse to speak to me now :(
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »
My parents were like this, and my mother once criticized the wife of a college friend for 'letting herself go' after she 'caught the guy'.  ::) And I always got a lecture about how a woman needs to stay looking good for her man.   I've got a small build as it is but I was always rather skinny though high school and college and  my 20's.  Too skinny for DH's tastes some of the time but when I'd put on some weight, enough to look healthy and within my BMI, my folks would make comments about me putting on weight and "should you be having that extra cookie?"

Makes me really grateful for my DH and that he likes me the way I am. :)

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2012, 07:27:56 PM »
A bullet dodged and very neatly, too.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2012, 08:08:20 PM »
I think she dodged a falling anvil.

Good update and these guys need to be called out on their delusions of entitlement.

cjeanies

« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »
what surprised me is that he tried it on so early.  I thought these types tried to wear girls down first.  I wonder if he was in that relationship so long before he thought it would be that easy. 

But again, thats me over thinking its one of those things you'll never know.  Can't pop these people in a petri dish and poke 'em with a scalpel to know how they work alas.

Wouldn't that be wonderful if we could, though!?  I'd love to know what piece of his brain is missing.

I'm so glad she went on this second date, so that, as another poster said, she could trust her gut instinct.  Honestly, that's some seriously good dating research and experience.  She saved herself a lot of time with this guy and the next one who starts to show bad signs(even about other stuff) 

I believe his ex (or current girlfriend) probably did not have the weight issues that he described.  I think the issues are his entirely. 

And I'm glad she didn't try to talk to him about what he was doing wrong.  If anything, all the guy will garner from a conversation like that is how to hide his problems a lot longer with the next girl.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »
I believe his ex (or current girlfriend) probably did not have the weight issues that he described.  I think the issues are his entirely. 

POD