Author Topic: Capsule Descriptions  (Read 3990 times)

Jaelle

Re: Capsule Descriptions
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 07:42:58 PM »
Dresden = Fire, sarcasm, quips, and more fire.

Just want to say, that is GREAT. :)
“She was already learning that if you ignore the rules people will, half the time, quietly rewrite them so that they don't apply to you.”
― Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

lilfox

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 08:02:30 PM »
Not mine, but from an episode of Friends.  The characters are watching the show Three's Company, Phoebe asks about the plot or something, Chandler says "I think there's been a misunderstanding" and she says "Oh I've seen that one."

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »
"Anne of Green Gables," courtesy of Book-A-Minute:

(Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert send for an orphan boy to help out at Green Gables.)

Anne Shirley

I'm here.

Marilla Cuthbert

Anne Shirley, you are not a boy. Go back to the orphanage.

Anne Shirley

If I work really hard, stay out of trouble, enrich your lives with my buoyant spirit, rescue you from the doldrums of your pragmatic ways, and touch the hearts of the townsfolk...then can I stay?

Marilla Cuthbert

Well, ok.

(Anne does all these things except stay out of trouble.)

THE END

Check them out: http://www.rinkworks.com/bookaminute/

They also have "Movie-A-Minute." Very funny stuff.
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »
Ben - Hur: Do not throw your best friend in jail. Just...don't.
King Kong: Some animals just aren't good pets, people.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 01:00:17 AM »
Jurassic Park: They're extinct for a reason.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 05:05:03 AM »
No!  Avatar is Disney's Pocahontas with aliens!

The Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones (as this applies equally to the book and the TV series): Everybody dies.  Yep, him too.  And her.
Violently

Victoria

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 06:57:36 AM »
Les Miserables: Life sucks, and then most of them die.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »
Les Miserables: Life sucks, and then most of them die.

Except that the girl we don't really care about gets the guy that the girl we do care about loves.  But it's okay, because the girl we do care about died.

buvezdevin

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »
Gone With The Wind:  Party, War!, Fiddle dee dee, "those drapes could use a makeover, and so could I...", "Frankly" yeah, no.
Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink -- under any circumstances.
Mark Twain

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 11:37:31 AM »
This is an old joke about the difference in male and female thinking.  The punchline is definitely a capsule description so bear with me.

Guy has a really rough day at the office.  He just wants to go home, spend some time with his girlfriend, watch the hockey game and go to bed.

He comes in the door and settles in on the couch.  Due to the rough day at work, he's monosyllabic responding to any of his girlfriend's questions.  She kind of gives up, goes to write in her diary and he watches the game.  Her diary entry is full of angst:  What's going on?   Doesn't he love me anymore? Why won't he talk to me?  What's wrong with our relationship?  And so on.

Guy comes to bed after the game, kisses his girlfriend, they play a little scrabble and go to sleep.

Guy's diary entry?  Work sucked, the Leafs lost.  Got laid, though.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario