Author Topic: What was the name of that book?  (Read 515 times)

TexasRanger

• Bondye Bon
What was the name of that book?
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:55:54 PM »
I thought it would be fun to start a threat where we help each other solve the mystery of half remembered books, the ones you may want to read again but have no clue what the title was.  :-[

Try and put down as much info as you can: words that may be in the title, dates you read it or it may have been published, genre, etc.
I'll start:

1. I read this somewhere between '03-'05. It was either strait SciFi/Horror or YA Scifi/Horror. It took place in some big city (don't remember if they mentioned a name or not, seemed to be in the eastern US). Followed groups of what I think were werewolves and they would roam the city in packs, each pack had  a leader.  Some characters worked/hung out at a bar, one (I think antagonist) was named "Tanzer" and near the end of the series, one or two characters die and they go to a spirit world where something is hunting them, the "something" might be able to cross over. It was violent and had some language.

2. Dean Koontz novel I read a few years ago. A brother and his autistic sibling (whose wardrobe consists of multiple pairs of shirts with the same cartoon character) become involved in some weird experiment/phenom on. People and objects can teleport, but every time they do pieces end up in the wrong place (fabric from your pants end up on your shoes, etc) and people get gradually sicker the more times they do it.

3. Another Dean Koontz, all I remember is a young man with Downs Syndrome (sibling of the main character) would call butterfly's "Flutterbys".

Bourik swe pou chwal dekore ak dentel

Anniissa

Re: What was the name of that book?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 08:18:43 AM »
No idea about the first one I'm afraid but maybe I can help with the Dean Koontz queries. The book about the teleporting thing is, I'm pretty sure, "The Bad Place". Although the main guy's brother was telepathic and had telekinetic abilities but was not autistic. One of the other character's brothers had Down's Syndrome I think so he may be the one with the same tshirts that you're thinking of (and possibly the character calling things "flutterbys" that you thought was from another book?)

me3boyz

Re: What was the name of that book?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
This first sounds like Prowlers by Christopher Golden. Owen Tanzer was the antagonist & Jack Dwyer was the protagonist.

http://www.christophergolden.com/prowlers.html

Sorry, I can't help with the Dean Koontz books. He's got so many! I don't care for horror, so haven't read any of his books.