Author Topic: Shrimp . . .  (Read 1122 times)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Shrimp . . .
« on: September 18, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »
Looking for something yummy, easy and different to do with shrimp.

I can get the shrimp frozen or fresh. I don't mind peeling and de-veining the fresh. Larger prawns are also available.

Maybe a surf-and-turf?

This is for a special Friday night dinner with the DDs. I'll do my shopping on Thursday.

Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas?

Thanks! ;D

Acadianna

• Remember -- no matter where you go, there you are.
    • My Dragons
Re: Shrimp . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:16 PM »
My dad used to make fabulous barbecue shrimp.  If you haven't had it, it's not what it sounds like -- no barbecue sauce of the traditional kind involved.  It's basically shrimp in a spicy butter sauce.  I don't have a particular recipe for it, but if you google it, there are several online that look pretty good (Emeril, Mr. B's, etc.)

blarg314

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »

One really good one - dehead the whole shrimp, and stick a wooden toothpick along it's back. Spread them on a tray, and cover with a mixture of breadcrumbs (panko works really well), lots of olive oil, salt and lots of fresh ground black pepper. Broil until done. Eat with your fingers, and provide lots of napkins.

Another one I did last weekend - I de-headed the shrimp and broiled them until just done, and served them chilled with home-made garlic mayonaise for dipping. This would work with pre-peeled shrimp as well.

MizA

• Every day is the best day ever.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
Toss it with Thai green curry paste.  Sear the shrimp until they're almost cooked, add coconut milk, and stir.  Serve with sauteed spinach, yellow beans, and rice.  Yum.
)'( The world would rather hug you than hurt you )'(

sourwolf

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 10:35:38 PM »
I love shrimp scampi.  Just cook the shrimp in a frying pan with olive oil/butter, garlic and some parsley and then mix it with some pasta.  Easy and delicious.

Miriam

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »
Easy Peasy Etoufee:

Lots of shrimp, cleaned.
Chopped celery, okra (frozen), onions, and green bell peppers.
Simmer all together in some olive oil (add butter if you like that kind of flavor)
Add 1/2 can cream of shrimp with 1/2 can of tomato soup

Mix all together, serve on top of white rice with baguette slices.

Or Sweet Shrimp:

Cook shrimp in greased pan
Add honey and small dashes of cayenne pepper. Cook until caramelized.
Serve with broccoli, or green beans, with corn bread.
"All Was Well"

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 11:48:09 PM »
Take cheese and Jalapeno slices(sliced long not round), and hold them against the shrimp.  Wrap with thinly sliced bacon.  BBQ until bacon is cooked.