Author Topic: Can I Do This?  (Read 5310 times)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Can I Do This?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »

Little update.

helixa, you nailed it. And that is exactly the case. I talked to Annie over something completely unrelated and she mentioned that she and Alex are talking again. So … I am sure if I invited her she would assume it was extended to the two of them at the very least, and why shouldn’t she? It’s not so much the “social unit” aspect, although I think that does come into play on a weekend trip; but I was Alex’s friend first. I think it would be natural to think if I was inviting her I was inviting him, and that’s cool, except it isn’t because he is – as much as I adore him – kind of a bacon fed knave. It’s a shame, too, because he loves the place we’re going, and I know it. Maybe some other time Gish and I can go with them and all of the kids, and then Sammie can bring a friend, too, which would probably make her happier. I have plans to go to a hayride with Annie soon, so we’ll hang out then; but this camping trip is just not the time.

ETA: I met Annie and her kids at my campground when she started coming down there with Alex, who is my closest neighbor down there. Her kids love camping, and I honestly really like them; but I wouldn’t spring two small children on an adult camping trip. We don’t even invite kids we all know and like, let alone ones that only I really know.

Oh – I don’t know why I was being coy about the destination – it’s Assateague Island in Maryland. Beautiful amazing place to camp.

I hope I covered everything.
Thank you, all. You saved me from a few big blunders there.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Can I Do This?
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 03:35:00 AM »

Thank you to y'all again. I am glad i didn't invite Annie and Sammie on this camping trip. She and Alex are talking again and we're going to hang out this weekend. I was planning on hanging out with Annie for the event this weekend, and my being there convinced Alex agree to go, too. He's my buddy. I'm his buddy.
This may be our last kid-free camping trip at Assateague.

In any case, thank you for the perspective. There was a lot of stuff i didn't think about and i think i have handled it well.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem