Author Topic: Pardon me, but I got a disease at your wedding venue...  (Read 5803 times)

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
Re: Pardon me, but I got a disease at your wedding venue...
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 04:51:36 PM »
I don't really go anywhere, and since all three people who got sick got sick after staying in the same hotel room after a heater was turned on, and a very strange smell pervaded the room, that's where it seems logical to assume it came from.

To be honest, my heater gives off a strange smell if I haven't used it for awhile.  I assume it's burning dust.

Or mold.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »
I don't really go anywhere, and since all three people who got sick got sick after staying in the same hotel room after a heater was turned on, and a very strange smell pervaded the room, that's where it seems logical to assume it came from.

I'm trying to get the name of the hotel without it getting back to the bride. She's a wonderful person, but she can have an extremely touchy pride, and if it was even suggested to her that guests got sick at her wedding, she would be coming down like the fist of an angry God. I do not want to cause drama, and I don't want to cast a pall with 'Hey, two of your bridesmaids and one of your really close friends all got really, really sick at your wedding'. The bride is not on Facebook, so from what I've heard from the MOH (who knows just how touchy the bride can be), she knows that a few of her friends got sick recently, but has not connected it to the wedding. That's the major etiquette quandary I was in - trying not to alert the bride and hurt her pride in her hospitality.

"Hey bride, can you remind me of the name of the hotel I stayed in? I think I left my phone charger/favorite shoes/sweater there and I want to call and check."
The status is not quo!

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 05:39:31 PM »
Ah yes, medical diagnosing via internet. You don't know what you had, period. If you want to find out the name of the hotel and call them with your experience with the heater and becoming ill, go right on ahead. It shouldn't be that difficult to find out the name/place of the hotel. All you have to do is call someone who will know and sing its praises.

Thread locked.

ETA: Thanks to the poster who reported that I forgot to lock it. Oops.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:59:49 PM by cass2591 »
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.