Author Topic: Actually, you drive her crazy Update Pg 3  (Read 8915 times)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
Re: Actually, you drive her crazy
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »
Thanks for the advice y'all. I haven't updated, because I'm still reelling from the side Linda showed me and writing it down makes it seem unreal.

Anyways, for the event in question I went with option A and told Linda that it was her event to arrange and if she wanted to invite Jane, she needed to handle it.

However at that happy hour with just Linda and I, she started saying something racist. I cut her off and told her I was offended and to please change the topic. Her response: "Why? Are you one of them? You don't look mixed!" When I said that it was offensive regardless of my background, she teased me for being an overly sensitive, PC whiny baby. I put money for my drink on the table and walked away.

So, it looks like Jane isn't going to be the only one dodging all of Linda's invites from now on.

CrazyDaffodilLady

Re: Actually, you drive her crazy Update Pg 3
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 01:20:22 PM »
Wow.  I’ve noticed that sometimes people seem to realize they’re getting on your nerves, and  for some reason this makes them want to reveal aspects of their personality they’ve previously kept under wraps.  Maybe they realize they’ve got nothing to lose at that point. 

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and to work things out, but it seems that once my hinky meter starts beeping, things go downhill quickly. 

It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

NyaChan

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 01:29:40 PM »
Well Linda's certainly shown herself to be a person to avoid.  Good for you for holding fast on your boundaries!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »
You handled that like a pro, I'd say.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

HonorH

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »
Given Linda's MO, you might soon be getting an invitation from a friend you'll not want to accept . . .
William wondered why he always disliked people who said "no offense meant." Maybe it was because they found it easier to say "no offense meant" than actually to refrain from giving offense.

--Terry Pratchett, The Truth