Author Topic: Creative Brownies  (Read 3007 times)

sourwolf

Re: Creative Brownies
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 03:42:16 PM »
I don't know that it's particularly creative, but I really like brownies with mint chocolate chips in them (Andes bars work too if you cut them up.)

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 03:44:28 PM »
It's super easy and quick, but just sprinkling a package of M&Ms over the top of the batter before baking looks really festive.

Kaypeep

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »
I'm intrigued by the cherries and chocolate chip additions, as well as the salted almond version.  I'm def going to try them.

If the brownies are for grownups, you can try replacing the water for rum and make spiked brownies.  Simple switch, but noticeably different taste!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 04:53:58 PM »
Add a touch of mint flavoring (about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp) to the batter & bake as usual - mint chocolate chips would give a visual signal that these are "special" - or cut up some peppermint chocolate patties & swirl them in.

Same amount of almond flavoring and a small package of slivered almonds sprinkled on top.

Substitute Kahlua for some of the water (the alcohol will bake out), a little cinnamon, and label them as "Mexican Chocolate Brownies".  Evil suggests pouring more Kahlua on top......but that wouldn't work if children can get to the brownies.  Not that they don't deserve good brownies - but they don't need Kahlua.  Or use a bit of coffee flavoring instead - it's cheaper.  Even instant coffee crystals can work.....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Mikayla

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »
Wow...thanks, everyone! 

I ended up doing a compilation of a couple of ideas here.  And your effort wasn't wasted, NyaChan, because one came from your recipe.  I ended up putting Mounds bars in the middle of the mix, and then made a topping of sweetened condensed milk, some semi sweet choco chips, and some coconut I had toasted.

They were really yummy, but too sloppy to eat with your hands, so I used a melon scoop of BlueBell Coconut Fudge ice cream on top of each one and pretended it was supposed to be that way!

Thanks again, everyone.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 02:36:31 PM »
Wow...thanks, everyone! 

I ended up doing a compilation of a couple of ideas here.  And your effort wasn't wasted, NyaChan, because one came from your recipe.  I ended up putting Mounds bars in the middle of the mix, and then made a topping of sweetened condensed milk, some semi sweet choco chips, and some coconut I had toasted.

They were really yummy, but too sloppy to eat with your hands, so I used a melon scoop of BlueBell Coconut Fudge ice cream on top of each one and pretended it was supposed to be that way!

Thanks again, everyone.

Messy is a guarantee that it's delish.  Glad it worked out!

wx4caster

• Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    • wx4caster's Crafty Albums
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
Wow...thanks, everyone! 

Thanks again, everyone.

Yum.  And now I have an unhealthy craving for Magic Bars.
The days are long but the years are short.

NyaChan

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 07:26:19 PM »
Wow...thanks, everyone! 

Thanks again, everyone.

haha oh good!  Not going to lie, I was feeling pretty silly when I realized my mistake  ;D