Author Topic: trouble staying logged in  (Read 1895 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
trouble staying logged in
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »
I'm having trouble staying logged in.  It makes me log in every time, whereas before, I just came up as myuself and not as a guest. 
I wonder what is going on.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Perfect Circle

• The followers of chaos, out of control
Re: trouble staying logged in
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 01:31:28 PM »
When you log in, are you sure you've selected the session length as forever? That works fine for me.
In all this talk of time
Talk is fine
But I don't want to stay around
Why can't we pantomime, just close our eyes
And sleep sweet dreams
Me and you with wings on our feet

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 05:42:27 PM »
I checked and it s on forever.  I think I've had this problem in the ast bt not for a long time.  It also seems to be intermittent, sometimes letting me in and sometimes making me log in again.  I'll just keep trying and maybe it'll stick one of these times.  Thanks.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

squeakers

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 11:13:56 PM »
On another forum I have had the same problem.. but it has to do with the url of the login/forum.  It has switched from the name url to the number (IP addy) url and back to the name url.

It could be an IP problem on your internet provider's side or perhaps EH has switched around a bit. In my case the forum had server problems and they recc'd using the number url.. and now it is back to the name url.

(It was not recognizing my login name.. have also had the not recognizing what threads I have read, how long to be logged in etc.)
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Acadianna

• Remember -- no matter where you go, there you are.
    • My Dragons
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 12:02:43 AM »
I'm having trouble staying logged in.  It makes me log in every time, whereas before, I just came up as myuself and not as a guest. 
I wonder what is going on.

Same thing has been happening to me.  (Yep, I have "Forever" set.)  Some of the time here at Etiquette Hell and all of the time over at Hell's Bells.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 11:19:52 AM »
I have had this happen a couple of other times and then it just seems to fix itself.  Maybe I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Brockwest

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »
It definitely happens to me, and I've found some things that help.
1) Refresh does not help
2) Exiting the board and re-entering frequently helps
3) If really severe, re-booting the computer helps
4) The biggest help is to do something else for 10 minutes, then re-try. This almost always helps.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
This started happening to me today.  Weird.  I'll see if this continues tomorrow.