Author Topic: Champagne turkey & accompaniments  (Read 1471 times)

MrsCrazyPete

Champagne turkey & accompaniments
« on: September 23, 2012, 05:58:22 PM »
These are the requested recipes that I had posted about here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=120894.0

For people that wanted recipes: the champagne turkey is EASY. Stuff cavity with chopped apples and celery. Make a rub of salt, pepper, rosemary and sage and cover the bird with that. Open champagne. Do a taste test and make sure the champagne is good  ;D Place turkey on rack in pan and pour the entire bottle over it, making sure to get some in the cavity. Do the same thing with a can of chicken broth. Tent the bird with foil and roast at 350* for however long your bird takes.

Stuffing muffins: prepare your stuffing however you like. I make mine with cubed bread, onion, celery, dried sage, dried thyme and a little crumbled sausage. Then I just used a box of Jiffy cornbread mix and prepared that according to instructions. In well greased muffin tins (or use papers) put a spoonful of the stuffing in, so it's about 1/3 full. Pour some cornbread mix over that so its about 2/3 full. Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes.

I found the recipe for the pumpkin dump cake on Pinterest. A dump cake is named such because you just dump all the ingredients in the baking pan. Very little effort  ;D
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, combine a 15 oz can of pumpkin, a 10 oz can of evaporated milk, 3 eggs, 1 cup light brown sugar and 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Pour into prepared pan. Then sprinkle a box of yellow cake mix evenly over the top of that. Then sprinkle 1 cup of nut pieces (I think I'll use pecans) and a 1/2 cup toffee pieces over the cake mix. Melt 2 sticks of butter and pour it over everything. Bake at 350* for 45-50 until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned. I'm going to top each serving with cinnamon ice cream.

I found this recipe http://www.draxe.com/recipe/quinoa-apple-kale-salad/ a few months ago and it just tastes like autumn to me, which is why I had originally thought to serve it at Thanksgiving. After thinking further about it, I decided that it will probably be a little too exotic for our families. It is deeeeelicious though!
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

AngelicGamer

Re: Champagne turkey & accompaniments
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:08:41 PM »
OP, I have a question for you.

We usually put our stuffing inside of the cavity of our turkey.  Would it be okay to stuff the turkey the normal way but finish with champagne?  Have you ever tried that or know of anyone who has tried?

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

MrsCrazyPete

Re: Champagne turkey & accompaniments
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:45:34 AM »
Wow, sorry, I just saw your question! I've never stuffed the bird with traditional stuffing and did the champagne, but that's because I normally like crispier stuffing. I would think it would still work and taste good as long as your stuffing was moist enough. I stuff the fruit and celery in purely for the juiciness factor.
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.