News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 20, 2017, 01:01:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Absurd requests/demands  (Read 89825 times)

nuit93

Re: Absurd requests/demands
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2012, 06:08:25 PM »
Oh believe me, at the time it all happened (until the cops arrived) I was terrified. 

After he had that conversation with mom, I was so flabbergasted I couldn't help but laugh.  Who even THINKS that could be okay?

RegionMom

• ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
Re: Absurd requests/demands
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2012, 08:21:22 PM »
Update on the black and white suggested dress code for homecoming dance with two weeks notice:

DD and I shopped a bit, but did not find a dress that was not too short (and since she is only 5'2'' you can imagine how short that would be on a taller girl!) so she decided to wear a dress she bought this summer with her grandmother.  It was a beautiful rich color, and she definitely popped.   8)

DS was talked out of going goth by a conservative friend who got a group together for a nice restaurant dinner.

The dance had black lights or something to make the whites glow, but it was only along the floor so some nail polish glowed, and apparently one chaperoning mom's white blouse was startling white...as she went around the edges moving chairs and such.

A good time was had by all, and I saved money!   ;D

(It seems that the student council is almost all guys, and they did not consider shopping time...if next year has a dress theme, I am sure they will be warned ahead of time to give the girls time!)

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.