Author Topic: Does this sound revolting?  (Read 1587 times)

Pippen

Does this sound revolting?
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:38:13 PM »
So I am making chicken and asparagus ravioli for dinner but I am a bit stuck on the sauce. Options are...

Brown butter
Some kind of creamy thing with a smidgen of blue cheese
straight EVOO with Parmesan
Lemon and EVOO with Parmesan 

I was thinking of putting some walnuts in the filling but am not sure if that would be weird or not. Hmmm what to do?

Miriam

Re: Does this sound revolting?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
Sounds great! I'm sure a creamy Parmesan sauce would be a great way to go.
"All Was Well"

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:49:38 PM »
Mmmm yes! To all of the options! lol

buvezdevin

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »
Mmmm yes! To all of the options! lol

POD!
Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink -- under any circumstances.
Mark Twain

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 10:47:50 PM »
Definitely the blue cheese if you're going with walnuts.  Nom nom.

Isometric

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
I would go the creamy thing with blue cheese! But they all sound yummy. Walnuts would go wonderfully! (I wouldn't love them with the lemon, but you might!)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 07:13:57 PM »
I think that I would go for the brown butter with parmesan on the side to add as much or as little to taste.

Your filling sounds marvelous . . . I think the walnuts would be an extra tasty treat . . . so I wouldn't want to overpower the ravioli with a heavy sauce (stay away from the blue chees as it has a very strong flavor.)

I just noticed that this was posted a few days ago . . . what did you end up doing?

Pippen

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 10:53:30 PM »
I think that I would go for the brown butter with parmesan on the side to add as much or as little to taste.

Your filling sounds marvelous . . . I think the walnuts would be an extra tasty treat . . . so I wouldn't want to overpower the ravioli with a heavy sauce (stay away from the blue chees as it has a very strong flavor.)

I just noticed that this was posted a few days ago . . . what did you end up doing?

Just as you suggested! The brown butter. I cocked the first lot up (How hard is it to melt butter?) so started again but did it with some lemon juice and it came out as this rather odd emulsified concoction I have never seen before but it worked really well. It def needed more asparagus but all in all not a total disaster.