Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2012!  (Read 9490 times)

faithlessone

NaNoWriMo 2012!
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »
As the new forums just went up today, I thought it was high time to put a call out here!

So, who's thinking of doing it this year?

Are you an eager first-timer or a seasoned veteran?

For my part, I'm going to attempt my sixth consecutive year! Ooph. I won it in 2007, 2008, 2010 and last year (2011), so I'm hoping I can succeed again.

I've got a pretty solid idea in mind for my plot, but who knows what'll happen in the next couple of months! Anyone else got the plot bunnies nipping at their heels?

If you fancy adding me as a Writing Buddy, you can find me here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/faithlessone

katiescarlett

Re: NaNoWriMo 2012!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »
Yay!  I am going to be attempting it this year, too.  I have a couple of plots in mind, but nothing definite yet.  I am hoping to be a winner this year.  It will be my third year, but I have never won yet.

Jones

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:47:22 PM »
I have a fantastic plot that I've mulled over for months (I'm one of those people who imagines bits of a story before falling asleep at night). My past problem has been that I get bogged down with descriptions, and the story doesn't move the way I would like. Also, I may not have the time this year...my novel may have to wait until both kids are in school.

Talley

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 01:58:24 PM »
I'm doing NaNo as well this year. It's my second year. I won last year, but this year I'm not convinced I can pull it off. I have a basic plot, but it still has a lot of problems, not to mention it lacks suspense and has some major holes. But I'll give it a try and I still have a month to work out a timeline... :-\

My NaNo username is Jack1761, in case anyone wants to add me as a writing buddy.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 02:54:48 PM »
Yay!  I was looking around at the site a few days ago, wondering when it was going up.  I'm set!  My writing name is the same: guihong :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:57:33 PM by guihong »

WestWord

• WestWord Arizona
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
I did it for several years. Will probably do it again this year. Wrote just over fifty-thousand words a few times. Wrote next to nothing a few other times. I'm JudithAnneAZ on NaNoWriMo.
the write editor...

Solanna Dryden

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 05:57:50 PM »
Me! This will be my sixth consecutive year and (hopefully!) my sixth consecutive win. I did 100 000 words last year, but no way am I ever doing that again :P

This year I have a bunch of stuff due in November PLUS I'm volunteering with a bunch of things, so this might get a little dicey.

OH and I'm also the ML of my region! November is going to be...fun...

I'm semenkhare on the site: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/semenkhare
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:06:28 PM by Solanna Dryden »
Honey badger don't care. YOLO

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 06:43:25 AM »
I would love to, but as we're getting the keys for our house on November 1st, I just don't think I'll have the time :(

A shame, because I had such a wonderful time with it last year :)

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

8cowwife

• Come to the dark side, we have cookies.
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 02:49:17 PM »
I just signed up for this year. I have a much better plot bunny bouncing around my head this year. Or there is a Doctor Who fanfic that is rattling around up there also.
  I'm 8cowwife over there also. I'm looking forward to getting one of these "down on paper".
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! What a ride!"

Jones

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
I took the first step...signed up on the website. "Jones" is used already though, so I am "chandanista".

If I allow myself to make excuses every year I'll never get to participate. Even if I only write half a novel, that's something that won't be written at all if I never start.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »
Just saw this thread and wanted to join in :) 

I've finally got my plot all worked out.  Now I need to work on scenes

Nikko-chan

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
Oh! Me! I'm doing it this year as well! And like a previous poster I am the Municipal Liaison of my region. This year is going to be fun! So, what are everyone's ideas?

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
I thought I was doing a romance and found myself writing fantasy ::)

Talley

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 03:10:23 AM »
I've actually switched plots for my NaNo novel. I had to give up on the first idea I had because it was just too much research I still needed to do. So that one has been filed away for next year. Maybe.

This year I am doing a sequel to last year's novel. It is set during the Waterloo campaign. Part love story, part adventure, I guess.

LiveLoveLearn

• The Girl Next Door
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »
I'm in.  I've attempted before but gave up.  Going on a new name now.  SocialD.  My novel is a coming of age story about four kids who don't know each other starting out but end up involved at the end.  My characters and their motivations are fleshed out, and I've got a decent outline, but don't know exactly where it's going.  Anyway, buddy me and I'll cheer you on.