Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2012!  (Read 8908 times)

stargazer

• Super Hero!
Re: NaNoWriMo 2012!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
I want to try to do it this year for real (before, work just made it impossible and might still)- but my big problem is, I don't seem to have a plot.  I'm better at short stories.   Sigh.  I have a few days to come up with something.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 10:49:46 PM »
I want to try to do it this year for real (before, work just made it impossible and might still)- but my big problem is, I don't seem to have a plot.  I'm better at short stories.   Sigh.  I have a few days to come up with something.

there is always the adoptables thread on the NaNoWriMo forums

nanowrimo.org/en/forums/adoption-society

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 11:39:33 PM »

there is always the adoptables thread on the NaNoWriMo forums

nanowrimo.org/en/forums/adoption-society

Yep, spent quite a bit of time there tonight! :)  I might be able to incorporate one of those into another short story I have floating around in my head and see how they mesh.  Still going to look a bit more.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 11:57:04 PM »
I joined last week or so after seeing this thread (and having heard of NaNoWriMo in the past but never having participated).  Now with BT being much more intense than I imagined, I don't know if I'm going to be able to actually do it.  I am disappointed, I won't lie, but I think I may still try despite how hard it will be.  Maybe BT will get better once I get into the swing of things; this is only the 3rd day after all.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 12:11:47 AM »
I joined last week or so after seeing this thread (and having heard of NaNoWriMo in the past but never having participated).  Now with BT being much more intense than I imagined, I don't know if I'm going to be able to actually do it.  I am disappointed, I won't lie, but I think I may still try despite how hard it will be.  Maybe BT will get better once I get into the swing of things; this is only the 3rd day after all.

What is BT?

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 12:14:39 AM »

What is BT?

I'm sorry, I've been so inundated with acronyms over the last three days I forget people aren't thinking the same way I am.  It is Basic Training (not military in this instance).

I also forgot to mention that my novel is medieval fantasy-esque.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 12:16:35 AM »

What is BT?

I'm sorry, I've been so inundated with acronyms over the last three days I forget people aren't thinking the same way I am.  It is Basic Training (not military in this instance).

May I say Mental Magpie: Good luck in Basic Training!

And that sounds like an awesome story. I am also Nikko-chan over at NaNo, if you would like to add me on your buddylist, you know, for an occasional kick in the pants with regards to writing ;)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 01:30:46 AM »

What is BT?

May I say Mental Magpie: Good luck in Basic Training!

And that sounds like an awesome story. I am also Nikko-chan over at NaNo, if you would like to add me on your buddylist, you know, for an occasional kick in the pants with regards to writing ;)

Thank you!  It's really easy so far, and I'm loving it!

I shall!  I need a good swift kick from time to time.

faithlessone

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 03:55:56 AM »
1 week to go, guys!!!

*hugs you all*

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Cat blog
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 04:02:27 AM »
I'll be back to give it a go this year again, and I've got a few ideas ready I just need to pick one.

Good luck everyone!

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 05:32:05 AM »
I had a crack at it in 2010 and 2011. This is the first year I've properly signed up though. My username there is Heartstart.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 06:40:31 AM »
If anyone is in MD, I'll be at the Columbia Kickoff party this weekend.  feel free to PM me

katiescarlett

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »
I am going to try to do it this year.  It will be hard because I have gone back to school, and as an English major, I am already writing all the time anyway.  I am writing a short story about the Choctaw Trail of Tears for my creative writing class, and am thinking about developing that into a novel.

I am katiescarlett on there, also, if anyone wants to friend me there.   :)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
I just signed up for this year. I have a much better plot bunny bouncing around my head this year. Or there is a Doctor Who fanfic that is rattling around up there also.
  I'm 8cowwife over there also. I'm looking forward to getting one of these "down on paper".

I tried to find you but it said you didn't exist   :(

I finally got around to adding everyone on here; I'm Mental Magpie there as well.

Jairissa

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 10:29:47 PM »
I'm going to give it another shot this year. I had one idea all planned out, but now I've got another bunny hopping around in my head and I'm not sure which one to pick.

My username is Jai over there, and I'd love some more buddies.