Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2012!  (Read 9469 times)

AngelicGamer

Re: NaNoWriMo 2012!
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2012, 02:58:35 PM »
Is anyone else addicted to updating their word count? Seriously, I am pathological lately  :D I love looking at the silly little graph showing me where I am.

In previous years I was.  This year, I'm just trying to remember to update it before midnight local time.  :D

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

faithlessone

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2012, 04:11:41 PM »
Is anyone else addicted to updating their word count? Seriously, I am pathological lately  :D I love looking at the silly little graph showing me where I am.

I am! It's become a bit of an obsession. :D

Jones

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »
I keep thinking I'm doing great...then I come here and see all of your word counts.  ;D

Keep up the good work! I'm momentarily stuck....might take the cheap way through and get to the good part, come back to this later.

AngelicGamer

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »
I keep thinking I'm doing great...then I come here and see all of your word counts.  ;D

Keep up the good work! I'm momentarily stuck....might take the cheap way through and get to the good part, come back to this later.

Not cheap!  Survival.  :) 

Also, I've heard it's a good idea to go back to the scene where you're having problems and break it down.  Try to figure out what you're doing with the scene and put in or take out stuff that isn't working.

Garden Goblin

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2012, 10:39:26 PM »

I am participating, though I am cheating a tad and writing fan fiction instead of an original story.

katiescarlett

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2012, 01:07:32 AM »
I am the big loser already. :P  I really thought I would be able to finish this year, but school is keeping me so incredibly busy.  And what I am busy doing is writing! (English major)  I have had to write 2 poems in the last week and I am working on a short story right now that is not going well at all.  I had thought of trying to expand my short story (about a family on the Choctaw Trail of Tears) for nano, but I don't even want to finish the story for my class.  I am staying home from work and school tomorrow because I have tonsillitis, and I am going to buckle down.  I will get through my homework and spend the rest of the day working on nano.

Wish me luck!

Talley

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2012, 02:21:07 AM »
Best of luck, katiescarlett! You can do it!

I had a bit of a slow day yesterday and did not make my personal target of over 2000 words a day... Plus, I feel I'm getting sick - my throat is sore, and my head is all fuzzy. Just what I need... My writing is going to be, hm, interesting  :P

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2012, 06:11:38 AM »
Good luck katiescarlett!

I'm writing over 2,000 a day, just not on Nano. I keep thinking "Oh that's a good idea" and spinning off short stories.  Arghh!

Two Ravens

• One for sorrow, Two for mirth...
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 06:17:25 AM »

Also, I've heard it's a good idea to go back to the scene where you're having problems and break it down.  Try to figure out what you're doing with the scene and put in or take out stuff that isn't working.

I do that all the time. When I was figuring out my plot, I made sure that there were a lot of different characters that eventually intersect, so in case I get bored with one I can skip to someone else for a while. ;D No one said the writing had to be linear!

(Plus, if you are including racy scenes, you really have to write them when the mood strikes. Or at least I do. I can't force those out when I am not feeling it.)

AngelicGamer

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »

I do that all the time. When I was figuring out my plot, I made sure that there were a lot of different characters that eventually intersect, so in case I get bored with one I can skip to someone else for a while. ;D No one said the writing had to be linear!

(Plus, if you are including racy scenes, you really have to write them when the mood strikes. Or at least I do. I can't force those out when I am not feeling it.)

The bolded is why I have some unfinished fanfics at the moment.  So I very much POD you, Two Ravens!

JamFly

• A fly made of jam? Ridiculous!
  • Any etiquette for a tiny elephant on a trampoline?
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 10:21:20 PM »
I think I'm doing good, I'm just 300 words behind where I want to be right now, but I think I can write that much more later, since it's still early enough for me. Edit: Actually, it looks like I'm a day ahead in my word count. Somehow I skipped a day.  :P

I'm doing the Reward/Backwards Nano again (http://nicolehumphrey.net/backwards-nanowrimo-the-reward-system/), since it worked so well for me last year.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:20:12 PM by JamFly »

AllyKat

• AllyKat's Alcove
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »
I'm dropping out for this year. My grandma went into hospital last week and it's worse than we thought. I'm going to be busy all month arranging to move her into an assisted care place. Plus work is going to be picking up with evaluations at the end of the month.

I'm going to try to keep writing, but I'm not shooting for 50 000 anymore.

AngelicGamer

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2012, 01:45:27 AM »
Ally, I know you didn't ask for them, but (((hugs))).  I hope your grandma gets better and work doesn't drain all the rest of your energy.  Good luck getting any writing in.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2012, 08:51:05 AM »
I'm sorry AllyKat, I hope your grandma pulls through!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

faithlessone

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »
*hugs* I hope your Grandma is okay, Allykat! Don't worry about NaNo - family always comes first.

I had a pretty good day yesterday, but I had a bad day at work today and I'm feeling rough as heck so I'm going to take the evening off. I'll shoot for 3/4k tomorrow. :(