Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2012!  (Read 9958 times)

Jones

Re: NaNoWriMo 2012!
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2012, 04:56:07 PM »
I'd just like to say that it is Not Cool to have a character go through a heart breaking experience that I didn't plan at all but it fell out of my fingers while I was typing. I don't see how I can keep writing if my eyes are filled with tears, I really don't.

I have never done that before (written a scene as I came up with it, no planning at all) and find it intriguing that "not pressing the backspace" can lead to such a thing.

faithlessone

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2012, 06:25:14 PM »
I'd just like to say that it is Not Cool to have a character go through a heart breaking experience that I didn't plan at all but it fell out of my fingers while I was typing. I don't see how I can keep writing if my eyes are filled with tears, I really don't.

I have never done that before (written a scene as I came up with it, no planning at all) and find it intriguing that "not pressing the backspace" can lead to such a thing.

*hugs*

Isn't it weird when your writing affects you like that? Particularly when your characters are doing things you didn't plan.

For me, I've hit 18.5k, and I am going to bed. I'm probably going to do a bit of a rewrite in the morning, because I've realised that I need my last main character to enter a lot earlier than I planned. Or possibly not. Gah, I'm too tired to make these sorts of decisions.

Good night all! Good luck in your novelling!!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »
I love when my characters do unexpected stuff like that! it is fun!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2012, 10:48:25 PM »
over 3000 words today, so I'm only 3000 behind.  I'm going to try to get about 500 more words out before I go to bed tonight.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2012, 11:54:42 PM »
For those of you who like spreadsheets and stuff

http://svenjaliv.com/category/resources/spreadsheets/  8)

Talley

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2012, 03:10:57 AM »
So, I did manage to get around 2200 words yesterday. Not such a bad day, after all! Thanks for the pep talk, AngelicGamer!

One of my characters is acting very much out of character right now, though. This wasn't planned at all, because he's been the stoic type so far, and yesterday he kind of lost it. But then again, it makes sense in a way, I suppose, because he's beginning to realise that there might not be a happy ending for him, as the love of his life is slowly slipping away from him. Poor guy.  :'(

AngelicGamer

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2012, 04:08:41 AM »
You're welcome, Talley!  Glad I could help.  :)

Have I told you guys of the psycho vampire named Clown I have in my novel?  Who popped up because he thought that the female main character's life was too boring and now he would make it interesting?  *facepalm*  He's now not happy with her because she managed to kill his assistant instead of being a good little human and making it easy for the vampire.  However, she's starting to learn that there are nice vampires in the world, so that's a good thing.

And yes, he does have flaming red spiky hair, just in case anyone was wondering.   ;D

[The novel is a human (Well, and dhampirs too) vs the vampires who took over the world.  The FMC was kind of always destined to be with the male main character who is a vampire and the second in command of the vampire world.  It's a fun novel, mostly because of the characters.  I couldn't remember if I had explained the novel here or not, so sorry if I have before.]

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Jones

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2012, 08:00:38 AM »
My novel is supposed to be a post-apocolyptic adventure-love story but I'm all caught up in describing and telling stories of my world's apocolypse.

Hence the surprise third party's tragic story that caught me off guard yesterday.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »
If there are any MD writers who are not part of the Word War battle with the Lushguins, please join us :)

faithlessone

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »
Are anyone else's characters becoming far too real for their own good?

I'm completely in love with my MMC, and it's driving me crazy. The guy is a vicious, murdering, usurping bastard, and he has to be killed off at the end of the novel, but my FMC is in love with him, and so am I. He's really quite sweet, in an odd way, and they recognise a kindred spirit in eachother. It's weird. And annoying. But strangely nice.

I think the NaNo Crazies have hit early this year!! They usually don't come until Week 3. ;D

Two Ravens

• One for sorrow, Two for mirth...
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »
I am actually at the stage where I hate all of my characters. Urgh, this is usually the time where I would take a break, or many go write some fluffy fanfiction. But I din't feel like I can do that right now because I want to get ahead of this.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:13:27 PM by Two Ravens »

AngelicGamer

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »
I'm rearranging my entire novel at the moment and trying to figure out how it works.  Not how I thought I would be spending my Saturday at all.  Blarg.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2012, 09:57:33 PM »
trying to write as much as i can tonight i am so behind

Talley

« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2012, 05:06:00 AM »
I've rather fallen in love with one of my MMCs (I have two of them) as well. And sometimes I forget for a moment that he is purely fictional because when I read some of my research books, I find myself thinking "Oh yes, that's where Jacques is." And I almost expect him to show up in the entirely non-fictional books  :-[

PastryGoddess

« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »
I started the weekend 6000 words behind and now i'm only 4000 behind.  I'm coming up to a plot point, so I think I'll be making those words up today and tomorrow.

hopefully I'll break 20K in the next day or so