Author Topic: Anybody want to help DD#2 shop for a dress? UPDATE #15, #26 #35! Shoes? #44  (Read 5958 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
cute shoes! :)

I think she'll be fine in her outfit. 

I'm still pushing for some color somewhere in the outfit, but then again I wear these shoes on a regular basis, so I may be a little biased

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
The dress and shoes should look really good together. I disagree with other posters who think the dress is to "bridey" to wear to a wedding. It in no way resembles a wedding dress and no one could look at someone wearing that outfit and say, "Gee, she's trying to upstage the bride!"

I think your daughter made a good choice.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

jpcher

• Super Hero!
cute shoes! :)

I think she'll be fine in her outfit. 

I'm still pushing for some color somewhere in the outfit, but then again I wear these shoes on a regular basis, so I may be a little biased

PastryGoddess -- way back when I was young, before I had kids, I would have been all over the shoes that you've posted! I was either wearing 5-6 inch heels or barefoot. Stylish heels were my trademark. Jeans with heels? Yeah, I was cool. 8)

I miss those days.

I'm a bit surprised that the DDs don't go for the high heeled shoes. But they never saw me wear them.

I do love your style! ;D

jpcher

• Super Hero!
The dress and shoes should look really good together. I disagree with other posters who think the dress is to "bridey" to wear to a wedding. It in no way resembles a wedding dress and no one could look at someone wearing that outfit and say, "Gee, she's trying to upstage the bride!"

I think your daughter made a good choice.

Thank you.

Thank

Iris

I think she'll look lovely. I hope she has a lot of fun!
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Those shoes are so in style right now!  She's going to get some major mileage out of them.  I think its a lovely outfit!

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
The shoes are cute!

I still think the peach is too close to a flesh tone to set off the cream color of the dress enough for it to be appropriate. I was raised that you don't wear white to a wedding, at all (unless it is something with a pattern to it, like a white dress with polka dots, stripes, or a floral of some sort).

And even though the dress doesn't look like a bridal gown, it's still a bridal color. I attended a wedding over the summer where a guest wore an ivory pantsuit to the wedding. It was a pair of pants, and a jacket. It was a lovely outfit. It in no way resembled a bridal gown. But people still talked. Mainly because the woman that wore the pantsuit was the Mother of the Groom, but they would have talked no matter what.

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

cicero

• Super Hero!
It's a lovely ensemble and i think she will look gawjus!

I disagree with those who think it's too bridey- the sleeves are definitely peach and not anywhere near white/cream and the dress itself has the peach layer and it's not really a "bridal dress" style. hope she has a great time!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools