Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 37165 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #510 on: September 19, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
I love bettas, waiting to find the perfect one for my tank.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #511 on: September 20, 2014, 04:54:09 PM »
Getting back to doing some art and having my 2 1/2 inch collaged cube sitting on top of some books for me to look at...such a bright spot in the room!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

HoneyBee42

« Reply #512 on: September 21, 2014, 02:56:09 PM »
Recently-ish, we had some upheaval in the neighborhood as one neighbor moved out to a bigger house and the other neighbor died (the two houses either side of me).  It was rather nerve-wracking as the block up is really bad (meth house burned once, there's constantly a lot of evidence of drug trade) and just don't want that coming any closer to me (I own the house free and clear as an inheritance).

So the one side was sold in an auction, and the mother and son who moved in may have a lot of health issues, but they're decent people.  Then today, middle son was out in the front yard mowing when he sees our hairdresser drive up to the house next door.  Turns out our hairdresser's mother is going to be our new next door neighbor, and the hairdresser is also planning to move in.  Yay, back to having good neighbors on both sides of me.

turtleIScream

« Reply #513 on: September 23, 2014, 07:49:59 PM »
I am hanging out with my niece tonight. She is almost 8, but I don't get to spend much one on one time with her. She is a lot of fun!

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #514 on: September 23, 2014, 07:53:54 PM »
Several related little things:
1. Pentatonix, an a cappella group I really like, has a new album out today.  :)
2. A while back, I introduced my brother to Pentatonix and a couple of other artists that he really likes. When he was recently searching for more Pentatonix songs and saw that they had an album coming out soon, he decided to send me a just-because Amazon gift card with a link to the album.  :D
3. Today I bought the new album, plus one of their singles that I've been wanting. For some reason, the CD with free mp3 download was about $1 cheaper than just the mp3 album. Also, Amazon has a new deal where Prime users choosing the slowest shipping method get a $1 credit. The result is that I got to download the album right away for an excellent price, got a single for 29 cents (after the credit for the shipping), and I still have part of the gift card on my account!  ;D

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #515 on: September 23, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »
Several related little things:
1. Pentatonix, an a cappella group I really like, has a new album out today.  :)
2. A while back, I introduced my brother to Pentatonix and a couple of other artists that he really likes. When he was recently searching for more Pentatonix songs and saw that they had an album coming out soon, he decided to send me a just-because Amazon gift card with a link to the album.  :D
3. Today I bought the new album, plus one of their singles that I've been wanting. For some reason, the CD with free mp3 download was about $1 cheaper than just the mp3 album. Also, Amazon has a new deal where Prime users choosing the slowest shipping method get a $1 credit. The result is that I got to download the album right away for an excellent price, got a single for 29 cents (after the credit for the shipping), and I still have part of the gift card on my account!  ;D

They just performed in Baltimore and it was my first time hearing them.  They were very good

DistantStar

« Reply #516 on: September 24, 2014, 12:54:16 PM »
Ooh, pretty fishy!  I've had several bettas.  They are fun little guys.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #517 on: September 25, 2014, 11:12:03 AM »
A new green grocer opened a few blocks away.  Getting past their store is a bit of a pain because they seem to be getting new produce all day, every day. 

However, they've been offering really good bargains.  Yesterday, it was red, yellow or orange bell peppers at two for a dollar.  These things can go for up to five dollars a pound in other shops.  They were also big and beautiful.

Stuffed peppers, anyone?