Author Topic: What's your favourite city in the whole world?  (Read 9834 times)

kckgirl

Re: What's your favourite city in the whole world?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »
My favorite city, hands down, is New York City. I am not a world traveler (the USA is big enough for my enjoyment) but I did enjoy my short visit to Windsor, Ontario, also. I have been to New York many times, and hope to go many more. I live close enough for day trips, and haven't even come close to doing all there is to do there.
Maryland

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »
Salzburg, London, Tokyo.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

CakeBeret

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:56 AM »
Rothenberg, Germany. It's magical. :) It's a walled-in city dating back to, if I remember correctly, the 13th century. There's a ton of history and things to see, a couple museums, and my favorite--the Night Watchman's Tour.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
New Orleans. If I can, I want to get a job and live there.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »
This is a hard one.  My favorite city in all the world to visit was New Orleans, for the food, the architecture, the music, the Mississippi, the history, the walkability and the surprises around every corner.  The thing is, I haven't been there for twelve years and i do not know what it is like now for a visitor.  Perhaps some other ehellions who have been there recently could comment.

Same here. I absolutely love New Orleans and would recommend that beautiful, wild, fun city to anyone. However, my previous visit was pre-Katrina, so I can't speak to what it's like now. However, being the kind of city it is, I imagine it is probably even better than ever!

Seriously, if you are a music lover, NO is the place to be.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »
This is a hard one.  My favorite city in all the world to visit was New Orleans, for the food, the architecture, the music, the Mississippi, the history, the walkability and the surprises around every corner.  The thing is, I haven't been there for twelve years and i do not know what it is like now for a visitor.  Perhaps some other ehellions who have been there recently could comment.

Same here. I absolutely love New Orleans and would recommend that beautiful, wild, fun city to anyone. However, my previous visit was pre-Katrina, so I canY't speak to what it's like now. However, being the kind of city it is, I imagine it is probably even better than ever!

Seriously, if you are a music lover, NO is the place to be.

NO in many areas is still very much the same as Pre-Katrina.  My first visit post Katrina was about 6 months after the storm and even then the business district, French Quarter, Marigny, Garden District, and City Park areas seemed untouched.  But even six months ago when I was there, you can still see some of the devastation in other neighborhoods.  My DH and I are doing a late anniversary celebration there in about 3 months.