Author Topic: EHell slow responding  (Read 3730 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
EHell slow responding
« on: October 03, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »
The forum is so slow responding.  Sometimes it takes forever to get on at all and the problem extends to opening another thread or folder.  I tried both IE and Flamingvixen.  Same problem.  I tried going to other sites and they come up just fine, so I know it is confined to EHell.  The problem is with posting, too.
Anyone having this problem? 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

camlan

• Super Hero!
Re: EHell slow responding
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
Yes. Or I get a message that the server isn't responding at all.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 10:34:53 PM »
Yes. Or I get a message that the server isn't responding at all.
I've also gotten that message a couple of times. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

AngelicGamer

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 12:25:37 AM »
I'm getting it too.  The worst times are around midnight to 1 am central for me.  I don't think that's when the server updates but I could be wrong.

Even now, replying to this, I can see that my text is coming up slow in the message box.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »
I PM'd admin about it, so maybe they will look into it.  I hope so.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 11:09:27 AM »
It was acting up again this morning when I tried to open threads.  It just wouldn't.  I had to go out and come back later.  I still have not heard anything from my PM to admin.  I would assume they read this glitch folder for problems that may be occurring so they can stay on top of things that are not working, so maybe they will respond here.  It's very frustrating.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
I've been having a lot of problems with it timing out and kicking me out, too.  It's worse on my work computer with IE 8 (I think) than it is at home with Safari but I'm having the issue at home, too.

Actually, the fact that it is cacking out at work is probably a good thing...   :P
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Jones

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 12:14:36 PM »
This morning from about 6:30 to 8:00 Mountain Time was slow, malfunctioning, difficult loading for me, on two computers and a phone (I need my fix, lol).

Frostblooded

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
I wish that I could find the thread/post (and I certainly don't speak on behalf of the staff) but I believe that the forum is sluggish in the AM because of forum back-ups being scheduled for that time. I can't imagine the size.  :P

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 02:14:21 PM »
There is a back up of the server happening in the wee hours of the AM EAstern Standard Time which can slow your access if you happen to be on at that time.

The morning "rush" hour between 8:00 and 9:00 am EST when it seems everyone is trying to get on has been problematic to diagnose and  fix.   A large part of the problem turned out to be the web hosting service which had begun to decline in customer service and then suddenly sold the business to another web host service provider.  That turns out to have been a good thing because the new host provider is a lot more tech savvy and customer service oriented.   So, a support ticket was submitted and after some observation and analyzing they think they know why there was a slow down.  They tweaked something and enabled something else so all should be good.  If it's not, let me know.   

AngelicGamer

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »
Thank you Dame!  I know that I will be sure to let you know.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »
Thanks for your response EHellDame.  I wasn't on this morning so I don't know how it was, but hopefully it's fixed. 

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »
I'm still having a lot of issues with either not being able to get in or being bumped off when switching to a new thread, on IE8 here at work, especially in the mornings but it has happened in the afternoon as well.  I'm on Eastern Daylight Time for another couple of weeks.

On Safari at home, I'm still getting slow response sometimes in the evenings.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 10:47:34 AM »
It's been really bad for me for the last two days in the afternoons UK time.
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »
I'm still getting bumped or unable to get on at peak times, too, but it doesn't seem to last as long as it did on the old server.