Author Topic: Child's birthday party - timeline for delivering invitations/RSVP deadline?  (Read 5247 times)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
Any idea how far in advance the invitations should be delivered and when I should make the RSVP deadline for a 4th birthday party?  I'm thinking to have the party November 3rd, and was thinking to give the invitations out on Sunday and make the RSVP deadline about two weeks before the party date.  Does that sound reasonable?

Deetee

• Super Hero!
I think that depends on your social group. I think all my invites have been 2-3 weeks before the party and no real RSVP (but usually a few days to a week before).

Most parties I attend are outside or at a rental place that doesn't charge per head and pretty simple so the number count was not crucial. (No activities per child or personalised goody bags)

Penguin_ar

Hand them out 2-3 weeks in advance, ask for RSVPs 3 days before the event, unless you MUST have them earlier due to venue policies/ catering.  The thing with small kiddie birthdays is that so much can change, so a late RSVP is best.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
We always do 2 weeks before the event and an RSVP 2-3 days before the party for our kids parties.  We only request earlier RSVP if we need to give a head count for something. 

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
It's just going to be at our house, so head count isn't important for going somewhere, just in ordering treats for the goody bags and making sure that we actually have some kids coming, etc.  I'm just trying to stay on top of things because I'm due with a new baby on October 9th, so things are going to get pretty crazy somewhere in here.  :)  So, okay, sounds like it's a little too early to distribute invitations and ask for RSVPs.  Maybe I'll do them next Sunday, which would be about 3 weeks, and do the RSVP date within a week or a few days of the actual party.

Penguin_ar

That sounds reasonable- anything more than 3 weeks and people will put it away, planning to RSVP later, and then forget or forget the party alltogether.