Author Topic: Help deciphering dress code  (Read 2484 times)

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
Re: Help deciphering dress code
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »
As long as you bring enough layers to stay warm, I think you're fine.

My guess is that this was an indirect request that nobody wear jeans to the wedding.  Personally, I think it's a lot more appropriate to simply call anyone who would do that and gently remind them not to wear jeans, instead of issuing an invitation that tells people to "look nice".  Did they really use that phrase?!?

Hah, see, I would have taken "casual with a touch of formal" to mean I should wear my comfy jeans and top and just toss on a necklace or something.  So it wouldn't have even worked if it meant "no jeans"!  ;D

scotcat60

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 08:24:47 AM »
I'd go with the trousers and nice sweater, which should be sufficiently casual, but mabe add a nice necklace.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 04:32:40 PM »
Oh good. Another variation on the utterly meaningless "dressy casual." An oxymoron doesn't make for a good invitation.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain