General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Jason Aldean's Error of Judgement

<< < (5/5)

Twik:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of irrational people on the internet. Hopefully, the ones who are threatening are merely talk, no action. But threats of harm go way beyond etiquette, into legal issues.

It's one more reason why being a celebrity is not all it's cracked up to be.

CluelessBride:

--- Quote from: TurtleDove on October 04, 2012, 02:39:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: C0mputerGeek on October 04, 2012, 02:33:17 PM ---I think Jason Aldean is an incredible idiot to think he could make out with someone in Hollywood of all places and not get caught. That's just asking for TMZ to catch you.

While I think that cheating is tacky, Brittany did not break any marriage vows. Jason certainly did. I think the ire should be reserved for him.

--- End quote ---

If Brittany believed he was single, then I agree she should not share the blame.  If she was aware he was married - and the photos I saw clearly showed a ring - she shares blame.

--- End quote ---

I don't know that him wearing a wedding ring is enough to transfer blame to her in my eyes.  Until I got married, I never really noticed if someone was wearing a ring.  Magically, since getting married (and wearing a ring myself) I do notice.  If she was coming onto him, he should have said, "I'm married/in a relationship/unavailable".  And THEN she should have backed off.  But I think it's just a bit much to except someone to be looking out for a wedding ring in a poorly lit bar after drinking alcohol.  So I think it's very possible that she did believe he was single.  It's flat not a woman (or a man's) responsibility to keep someone else's marriage vows. 

I've been in bars without DH and been hit on by men.  After politely telling them that I was married, every single one of them has backed off.  I certainly don't think they did anything wrong by not noticing my wedding ring.

That said, in the world of the public eye you never know how the opinions are going to fall.  It really depends on so many factors that its completely unpredictable.  So if you live in that world you'd better be either flawless or thick-skinned. 

I really do hope Jason and his family can work things out privately and that Brittany can get on with her life in a positive way. 

TurtleDove:
My point was not that she should have noticed the ring - if she did not know he was married, she did not know.  My comment was that it did not appear that he was trying to hide the fact that he was married, for example, by failing to wear his ring.  I do not know what she knew.  I believe that IF she knew he was married, she shares blame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version