Author Topic: Jason Aldean's Error of Judgement  (Read 6200 times)

Redneck Gravy

Jason Aldean's Error of Judgement
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »
Apparently Jason Aldean was photographed in a Hollywood bar canoodling with Brittany Kerr.  Jason is married to someone else. 

Brittany had to shut down her Twitter account after being called a host of derogatory names and threatened - good grief it's not enough that they have both been publicly embarrassed but she was also publicly attacked for her part. 

Since when is John Q Public allowed to threaten and name call someone for making a mistake?  And why is the majority of the abuse being thrown at her?

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Jason Aldean's Error of Judgement
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:07:56 AM »
I had the same question when the girl from the Twilight movies apparently hooked up with the married director of the new movie she's in, with the result that he's still slated to direct the sequel but she's been fired from appearing in it. Excuse me? I really resent this notion that poor married men are rendered helpless in fending off the advances of cute young things and the man should be sympathized with and forgiven while the woman raked over the coals. Give me a break!

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »
I think all of them are maroons, and cheating is disgusting, but I agree that the married people are responsible 100% for their own actions. I don't know whether Kerr knew Aldean was married or not....but he certainly did.

I strongly believe that if someone wants to play the field they should go for it!  Just don't pretend you are doing something different and destroy the trust of people by lying to them and pretending you want a relationship

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »
I think Jason Aldean is an incredible idiot to think he could make out with someone in Hollywood of all places and not get caught. That's just asking for TMZ to catch you.

While I think that cheating is tacky, Brittany did not break any marriage vows. Jason certainly did. I think the ire should be reserved for him.

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
I think Jason Aldean is an incredible idiot to think he could make out with someone in Hollywood of all places and not get caught. That's just asking for TMZ to catch you.

While I think that cheating is tacky, Brittany did not break any marriage vows. Jason certainly did. I think the ire should be reserved for him.

If Brittany believed he was single, then I agree she should not share the blame.  If she was aware he was married - and the photos I saw clearly showed a ring - she shares blame.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 03:43:14 PM »
No one has the right to call anyone derogatory names or threaten them; celebrity or otherwise.  People cheat on each other.  It's been happening for centuries.  It's wrong in every way, but it doesn't stop it from happening.

I don't put all the blame on her.  It takes two to tango.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 04:04:27 PM »

Since when is John Q Public allowed to threaten and name call someone for making a mistake?  And why is the majority of the abuse being thrown at her?

I don't know - did she think she was having relations with someone who was unmarried? Was she under the impression he was someone else? If not, I don't think it was a mistake. It was a decision to do something many people consider immoral and even cruel.

I have little patience with people who do things that they do not want to own, and complain they are being persecuted for their "mistakes", as if they'd made a math error on their taxes.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »
No one has the right to call anyone derogatory names or threaten them; celebrity or otherwise.  People cheat on each other.  It's been happening for centuries.  It's wrong in every way, but it doesn't stop it from happening.

I don't put all the blame on her.  It takes two to tango.

I don't know that I would call anyone a derogatory name or threaten them for cheating, but I would certainly call it like it is.  He is a cheater, and if she was aware he was married (which I suspect she was) she is someone who preys on married men.  Those are facts.  If people fine those facts derogatory, I guess there is a reason for that.

Betelnut

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »
I feel incredibly old as I don't have a clue as to who either one of those people are.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Judah

• California, U.S.A
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
I feel incredibly old as I don't have a clue as to who either one of those people are.

I had to look them up. 
Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one:
Subtle hints don't work.
Strong hints don't work.
Really obvious hints don't work.
Just say it!

-The Car Talk Guys

Jones

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »

I'm 27 and don't know them, so don't feel too old.

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 07:11:58 PM »
If Brittany believed he was single, then I agree she should not share the blame.  If she was aware he was married - and the photos I saw clearly showed a ring - she shares blame.
She said she did not know.

However, I did some research to find out who these two were. The video I saw on TMZ clearly showed him wearing a ring.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »
Apparently Jason Aldean was photographed in a Hollywood bar canoodling with Brittany Kerr.  Jason is married to someone else. 

Brittany had to shut down her Twitter account after being called a host of derogatory names and threatened - good grief it's not enough that they have both been publicly embarrassed but she was also publicly attacked for her part. 

John Q Public is not actually allowed to threaten, at least not physical harm. This is a crime, and people sending her such threats can, if they are located, be charged with such. Name calling, however, is likely to fall under protected speech, as distasteful as it may be.

You seem to feel that it is excessive that they have even been "publicly embarrassed", and that their behaviour is at a level as losing their keys. Perhaps the people harassing Ms Kerr are also just "making mistakes". We shouldn't get too angry at them for doing so, right?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »
I think there are a couple reasons Kristen Stewart got the worst of it in her situation.  While the director might have more clout in Hollywood circles (I have no idea), she is the one who is known to to the average person.  Additionally, a lot of fans of the Twilight series were very invested in her relationship and maybe even mistook the real people for their fictional ideals.  When she didn't follow the novelized version of herself people felt betrayed.  The director did not have that sort of preconception out there so when he behaved badlly it was just him, not a beloved character.

As far as the Jason/Brittany situation, I don't know. They are both singers, but she was on American Idol, yes?  Once again people might feel more invested in her, thus more disappointed. I don't know if that is part of what is going on but it might be.  People look at ehr and think "I voted for her, I was rooting for her, I thought she deserved good things - and then she acts this way?!"

I do think women probably get more blame than men and to me that is actually a backhanded insult to men as a group.  As if they can't possibly fight off any female they get too close to because they are men and can't be counted on to show self-control or moral fiber.

As far as being publicly embarrassed - that is tricky.  Obviously threats are not to be tolerated, name calling is rude. On the other hand, when you are in a profession that depends on publicity and you do something that a lot of people find morally questionable then it seems a bit absurd to complain about public embarrassment whether you are an actor, politician, musician, etc.

The thing that gets me is that in some cases it is a big scandal. In other cases it is discussed as if the celeb in question is starring in a brand new love story.

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 09:22:22 PM »
Bad social labels--women are sluts, men are studs, for the same behaviour. 
It is NOT right.

If you are famous, assume cameras are everywhere.  Even a half mile away is not secluded.
Even if you are not famous, assume cameras are everywhere.

My aunt told me years ago, "You are the one you have to look into the eyes in the mirror the next morning.  What will you see?"

That said, I know neither of these names, but it is the ages old story. 

Sad. 
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.