Author Topic: Tales of Karma or What Goes Around Comes Around  (Read 1567 times)

Christabeldreams

Tales of Karma or What Goes Around Comes Around
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:22:43 PM »
Have we had a thread like this before? I was remembering some incidents of poetic justice in my life and I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. Here’s my tale of Karma striking back.
Earlier this year, a friend of mine was cyberbullied by a forum that has a history of such harassment. Vindictive ex-classmates looking to ‘even the score’ for some minor or private grievances posted rumors about her. They dug up or made up as much dirt on her as they could, and posted it for the entire world to see. One of her so called friends posted her personal information, like her phone number, her address, etc to this board. It was a truly unexpected betrayal that left us reeling and wondering who to trust.  Needless to say, we all unfriended and blocked her. Now the karma part. Once she went back to that forum to spread more rumors about my friend, some of the posters there recognized her. Apparently, so called friend had a lot of dirty laundry and more than a few people mad at her. Once word got out who she was, everyone turned on her and began bashing her. She had to leave the forum and suffered the same indignities she was trying to heap on my friend.
I wouldn’t wish being cyberbullied on anyone, but this is truly a case of reaping what you’ve sown.
What about you? When has karma shown itself in your life?

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: Tales of Karma or What Goes Around Comes Around
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »
People have posted stories of revenge, retaliatory rudeness, call it what you will. The thread will be locked and the posters usually get the point that this is not the appropriate forum.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.