Poll

Perfume, EDT, Cologne, etc:  How many bottles do you own? (SNP)

> 100
2 (1.7%)
75-100
3 (2.6%)
50-74
3 (2.6%)
25-49
2 (1.7%)
Less than 25
82 (70.1%)
None (why not?)
24 (20.5%)
Don't know; should count them
0 (0%)
I'm afraid to know
1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: Fragrance  (Read 2597 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: Fragrance
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »
at this stage i only have body sprays and some scented oil gel/lotion

i usually stick to one perfume for a long time, the last one i had was dolce and gabanna light blue, and i also like some of the estee lauder ones. but - they're expensive, and i decided to stick with body spray for now.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »
Perfumes don't interest me all that much.  A nice, clean scent is what I prefer. 

I do have an bottle of Jean Nate after bath splash that I rarely use and lightly scented shampoo.  There's also the Nubian Heritage soap that smells nice while taking a bath but doesn't leave a lingering scent on the skin.

Cyradis

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »
I have 35 bottles excluding samples and body sprays. I love perfume! Some of them were impulse buys that I seldom wear and gifts that didn't suit that I won't replace when they're finished.

Judah

• California, U.S.A
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 03:21:37 PM »
I have four bottle and since I so seldom wear perfume, these four bottle should last the rest of my life.
Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one:
Subtle hints don't work.
Strong hints don't work.
Really obvious hints don't work.
Just say it!

-The Car Talk Guys

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 03:56:02 PM »

Honest question: how long do they last? Since I don't wear/buy perfume, I have no experience with them. Does the scent fade with time? Or is it still good as long as the bottle is unopened, (like wine)?

If the bottle is unopened and stored in a dark place that isn't too hot it can last indefinitely.  If it is opened it can still last a long time if it isn't exposed to sunlight and if the stopper/cap is a good tight fit.  Someone on that forum posted that she kept hers in the refrigerator, so in another thread I posted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ZZreXEqSY

Someone in Scandanavia told of a scam being pulled there where owners of perfume shops were telling customers that stuff only lasts three months after being opened.  Before she could find this out a friend of hers threw over a hundred bottles away.  Ouch! 

All I can say is that I hope somebody found them and rescued them from the trash.

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »
LOL, I love perfume, but I don't think it's worth dumpster diving! You don't know why something been thrown away. Personally, I usually assume the previous owner had a good reason.
Utah

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »
I have two:  Tea Rose and Vanilla Fields.  And even those I only wear very infrequently.  I've got a couple of friends with scent sensitivities so I tend not to wear scents when I'm going to be around them.  Plus, the older I get the weirder my body chemistry gets, and scents I used to be able to wear now smell funny on me. 

philliesphan

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 05:20:25 PM »
I have two, and have SUCH a hard time wrapping my head around having 10, much less 25, 100, or more!

I like having a "signature scent" -- one for warm weather, and one for cool weather. I definitely prefer to smell the same every day, and I think DH likes that there's a scent that smells like "me." (I have also learned the hard way that DH HATES many of the citrusy scents I love -- so when I find something I like that he also likes, you can dingdangity well bet I will wear it until the bottle goes dry.) On the other hand, if you like to wear fragrance like clothes, more power to ya.

The two I have are my warm-weather scent, which is almost gone (Gucci Flora Eau Fraiche), and the cool-weather one I'm getting into now (Estee Lauder Pleasures).

MsCopper

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 07:02:56 PM »
I have a little over 70 or more.. I haven't counted. I've loved scent since I was a kid. My Grandmother bought me my first bottle of perfume for my 10th birthday. She actually taught me how to wear it.  I do not wear it around scent sensitive people. My Mother being one I know very well how some people react to strong scents.  I also go through my bottles every few months and give some away to friends and family. They are all happy when I do. :)

I store all of my bottles in a light tight cabinet. Some bottles are 10 years or older. Discontinued hard to find favorites... I wear something different every day. I can go a few months without wearing the same scent. I also organize my bottles for the season.. Ya, I'm a little crazy. 

I look at it this way. My Father collected Baseball cards... I collect fragrance.
"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday"

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »
I only have two, both oils that I bought at a Renaissance Festival.  One is at least 10 years old at this point, and one is only a year or so old.  I don't wear fragrance very often, but I love the smells of different fragrances!  I also make soaps, lotions and sugar scrubs that have scented oils in them, so if you add those in, I probably have close to 25 or so. 

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 06:00:57 PM »
I have about 15 imps, plus two or three full sized bottles and a couple that I made myself.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

sunnygirl

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 07:57:02 AM »
I have three 'proper' perfumes (well, one is a perfume - Yves St Laurent Paris, which I've owned since I was about 19 - the other two are colognes) but I rarely wear them. I sometimes wear violet water or diluted lavender or honeysuckle oil, but mostly I prefer scented soaps and bath products.