Author Topic: Adult temper tantrums  (Read 5201 times)

Frostblooded

Re: Adult temper tantrums
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 10:58:05 PM »
(if there is a choice between him and the cat, lets just say the cat doesn't have anything to worry about)

Judging by this statement here, I think your relationship is already very damaged. I'm not sure if this is an issue appropriate for this board.

wheeitsme

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »
(if there is a choice between him and the cat, lets just say the cat doesn't have anything to worry about)

Judging by this statement here, I think your relationship is already very damaged. I'm not sure if this is an issue appropriate for this board.

Just an FYI, I heard my SIL say the same thing about their dog, and their relationship was fine.

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 11:02:37 PM »
This is not a "different method of communication". This is unacceptable behaviour. Please, please, please go to councelling to find out why you feel you can be treated this way.

He is so wrong it isn't funny, but you are still apologizing for him and explaining his behaviour.

squeakers

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 11:39:24 PM »
DH yelled at me and the household in general the other night for failure to do something to his specs.

I walked up to him and calmly told him if he ever comes home ranting again I have a nice cast-iron frying pan I will lay into him with.

On the serious side of things I have found that talking quieter than normal gets the yeller to quiet down too.

Later, when hot heads have cooled down.. I remind them that yelling _never_ gets anything done unless it is evacuating a burning house.  Along with the "boy who cried wolf" scenarios. IOWS.. very few things require yelling at loved ones.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 11:52:22 PM »
Best of luck to you, lkdrymom, but this is a relationship issue, not an etiquette one. I urge you to see a marriage therapist or other qualified person who can help you with this issue.
Utah