Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Anniversary Party -- how much food??!! Is this enough variety??

<< < (3/3)

Hmmmmm:
Very nice of you to go forward with the party with everything you are going through.  I'm sure your guests will be thrilled to have a fun activity to attend right now.

mamakinz:
The party went fantastically!!  We had plenty of food, there is a full tray of ziti in my freezer -- I went overboard and made 4. And a dish of lemon chicken in my freezer, enough for 6 or 8 people.

Plus my mom got surprised because her sister flew in from Arizona for the party and didn't tell my mom she was coming!!! My aunt even called my mom that morning to wish her a happy anniversary!!

And the best for me -- about halfway through the party my hubby ran home to feed and walk our dog and our power was back on!!!

o_gal:

--- Quote from: mamakinz on November 17, 2012, 01:05:43 PM ---Plus my mom got surprised because her sister flew in from Arizona for the party and didn't tell my mom she was coming!!! My aunt even called my mom that morning to wish her a happy anniversary!!

--- End quote ---

Those type of surprises are the best - that will probably be the part that she remembers as the best part of the party.

DH's parents were married on Sep 15, 1951 and we planned a 50th anniversary surprise party exactly 50 years later. FIL's brother and his wife had planned to come, flying up from Texas to Ohio, but with all planes grounded, they stuck it out as long as they could to see if they'd get a flight, then got in their van and drove. They arrived in the evening after the official party had ended but still surprised FIL and MIL. MIL remembered that for years as the best part of the party.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version