Author Topic: The. Very. Nerve. (BG in Post #15, Updates in post 66 and 68 [!])  (Read 17255 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: The. Very. Nerve. (BG in Post #15, Updates in post 66 and 68 [!])
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2012, 09:51:07 PM »
I would ignore/block, but if you find that you MUST respond, keep it short & to the (very sharp) point.

"We are all very happy with the current arrangements and will not be requiring your services now, or in the future. Please do not attempt to contact us again."

And close the door on her. If she keeps trying to contact you after that: document, document, document.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
I think I'm having still in va compose my email replies from now on. I try too hard to be thoughtful of others' feelings even if they've trampled all over mine. still in va's response is not rude or mean. It's just factual. If I were to reply (I don't know if I'd waste the electrons or my own energy), I would go with that.  :D

aw, thanks, Danika! 

i am always available for e-mail consultation, for a nominal fee.....kidding!!!!!

i get very irritated when someone uses their child to get their way. and if they try to use mine?  oh E-Hell NO!!!!!!  not happening.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2012, 10:09:21 PM »
I think I'm having still in va compose my email replies from now on. I try too hard to be thoughtful of others' feelings even if they've trampled all over mine. still in va's response is not rude or mean. It's just factual. If I were to reply (I don't know if I'd waste the electrons or my own energy), I would go with that.  :D

i am always available for e-mail consultation, for a nominal fee.....kidding!!!!!

I will keep this in mind, still in va;)

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2012, 12:41:26 AM »
I vote block & ignore.

There's no rule you have to tell someone you are cutting them out of our life.  You can just go ahead and do it.  I think it can be helpful to a tell a person "please don't ever contact me again" in some situations, but its really not required.  And in this case I think it feeding the drama by prolonging it.  There are a lot of ways the babysitter could have approached the OP is a more rational, sympathetic way.  She chose instead to behave terribly.  Its perfectly ok for Lex to cut that out of her life 100% clean break no explanation, just do it.