News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 25, 2016, 11:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 2738319 times)

Lindenharp

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #23265 on: June 22, 2016, 09:30:45 PM »
I know it's a little thing, and I can just toss it in the recycling bin, but it annoys the heck out of me. Evil Lindenharp wants to post rude things to the company's Facebook page.  Civilized Lindenharp is wondering if it's worth the time and trouble to call customer service again.

Lindenharp, if you do just toss it into recycling, make sure all personal information is torn out of the catalogue first, as that is the sort of thing that can be used for identity theft if you leave it in.  And aside from the obvious info on the back, if there is a mailback insert in the center, check that too as it often also has your personal info, customer number etc on it.  I'm paranoid about this stuff for some reason but I've heard too many horror stories not to spend the extra minute to tear this stuff out before tossing.

Lady Tempest, thank you for the reminder.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #23266 on: June 23, 2016, 01:08:43 PM »
When you keep going in circles, on an issue, and there seems to be no reason for why the issue is happening!

Mine is insurance related. I had a mammogram last month. Claim was mistakenly submitted to my dental claim address. Ok, i get the EOB and see the note, and proactively call the hospital where I had my mammo done. They look and say ok, what's the correct address, and we'll fix and resubmit.

Fine. but then i get a second EOB, yup, denied for the same reason. I call them back, and nope, they have the correct address on file, and that's where they sent the second claim to. Hmmm.

So I then call my insurance co. nope, it was sent to the incorrect addresss. Ok fine.

I call the hospital back, and somehow get the same rep i had yesterday. She confirmed the address with me again, yes its correct.

Thankfully she had some common sense, so she said you know what, I'm just going to print it out, stick it in an envelope and mail it in. Thank you!.

still don't know what's happening.

But then there's another EOB pending, in denial, same reason, for the imaging center (radiologist) Argh. now i have to wait for them tobill me, as i can't find any phone number for them.

Hospital billing has given me so much stress over this kind of stuff. That and when they didn't ever send me a bill for radiology when I went to the ER last year. Then suddenly I'm getting robocalls all "You owe us money. Send Balance due. If you need a copy of the bill, press 1." So I pressed 1. No option to talk to anyone either. Then forgot about it. NEVER got a bill and got another robocall a week or so later. Argh. I got all my other bills from that hospital too so I don't know what's up with that department and their bad billing choices.

Then if you get insurance through the US Marketplace, they're the ONLY ONES who can change your address. Which should be easy. I can log in there and change all that info myself even. Only there's a glitch. My mom's billings randomly started going to the wrong address. It's not even a real address o.0 We called numerous times and they couldn't figure it out. The insurance company cannot change anything on their end, even though the billings come directly from them. "You have to call the Marketplace and have them update your information."

My mom is the anxious sort when it comes to bills, even though she knows it's due and to pay a certain premium every month, she wants that paper for her records. It drove her to tears for months fighting with them about it.

Now my brother needs his changed too and it's been just as bad.

Yet I changed my own address and never had an issue  ???

And I had my mamo at the same place last year, and my insurance has not changed. not one bit. Go figure.

I'm just trying to be proactive and get this taken care of, before I even get a bill. But if and when I do, I'm calling and telling them, hey, this is the issue, here's what's been/being done, so I'm not paying until its all fixed. Because I should have to pay a cent; those are covered under my plan as preventative, and as such, at 100%.

We've just had a hideous experience with our vet's billing practices that has us and my in-laws switching clinics. This could be a cross-post for Never Shopping There Again too, come to think of it.

Bonehead cat ate a threaded needle, so I took her in. Vet's xray was down, so the best the could do was give her a quick physical exam to see if it was stuck somewhere accessible. (Nope) So, I paid the exam fee, took her home and watched her like a hawk. We found the little poo-kite with the needle in it, all is well, right?

Got a bill last week, but it was very, very wrong. Count the screw-ups if you dare.

It was a rebill plus a returned check fee, labeled "Closed account?". For a procedure we never had done. For my in-law's cat. From JANUARY. Yeah....

So, best we can figure, DH took In-Laws' cat in, and the vet got our accounts crossed, took the check (which did process) from FiL when he picked up the cat, but tried to apply it to our account. Then, because they don't do credits, the check was bounced/cancelled/rejected/something. Then, the billing picked up that there was a charge to our account and we were billed for the previous procedure too, plus a returned check fee and a warning we'd be sent to collections because we "hadn't" paid for the previous visit.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

flyersandunicorns

• Orange Crush
  • Up Above The Ropes
    • Love Moonsaults - Livejournal
« Reply #23267 on: June 23, 2016, 01:51:05 PM »
We've just had a hideous experience with our vet's billing practices that has us and my in-laws switching clinics. This could be a cross-post for Never Shopping There Again too, come to think of it.

Bonehead cat ate a threaded needle, so I took her in. Vet's xray was down, so the best the could do was give her a quick physical exam to see if it was stuck somewhere accessible. (Nope) So, I paid the exam fee, took her home and watched her like a hawk. We found the little poo-kite with the needle in it, all is well, right?

Got a bill last week, but it was very, very wrong. Count the screw-ups if you dare.

It was a rebill plus a returned check fee, labeled "Closed account?". For a procedure we never had done. For my in-law's cat. From JANUARY. Yeah....

So, best we can figure, DH took In-Laws' cat in, and the vet got our accounts crossed, took the check (which did process) from FiL when he picked up the cat, but tried to apply it to our account. Then, because they don't do credits, the check was bounced/cancelled/rejected/something. Then, the billing picked up that there was a charge to our account and we were billed for the previous procedure too, plus a returned check fee and a warning we'd be sent to collections because we "hadn't" paid for the previous visit.

I...am so glad that you changed vets. That's the nicest thing I can say in public form  :o

andi

« Reply #23268 on: June 23, 2016, 04:36:36 PM »
Dear very nosey and somewhat crazy neighbor'-
 Yes I realize that it is almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon and I am still in my pajamas.  (Look like yoga pants and t- shirt)  however I worked all night and didn't get to bed until 9 o'clock this morning.  Then I slept till almost one because that's the only sleep that I will get today. Thank you for your concern on my wardrobe.

No, I most certainly did NOT kick my dog. He gets pokey slow for no reason and I gently tapped his bottom with the toe of my shoe to get his attention, since he was ignoring my commands. Again, thank you for your concern.

Very thankful we only have two days left here.

flyersandunicorns

• Orange Crush
  • Up Above The Ropes
    • Love Moonsaults - Livejournal
« Reply #23269 on: June 23, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »
"Someone stole my eyedrops"

I...no they didn't. They have no street value and aren't of any use to anyone without your eye infection.

I was cornered in my office for at least 10 minutes listening to this sob story. Am I supposed to start frisking everyone coming in and out of the building because heaven knows we've got a lot of thieves around here it sounds like.

I also know that some places of business have lunch thieves and such, so if I caught someone, I'd say something but other than a general "Don't touch other people's things, if we catch you, you're gonna get fired." most petty criminals live for the thrill anyways, stop whining at me :(

lovestoread

« Reply #23270 on: Yesterday at 03:01:40 AM »
I'm in the UK, so very recent ones are:

People who don't vote, because 'one vote doesn't matter'

Yes it does, and if everyone thought like that then nothing would be done! I'm also frustrated at folk that have come out today with a strong reaction to the result when I know for a fact that they didn't vote.

Crazy conspiracy theorists.   Apparently, according to overheard conversations in my work, now that we've voted to leave the EU, we'll find out what really happened to Madeleine McCann.   :o

The mind, it boggles!

My first real blog!!  (all comments appreciate

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #23271 on: Yesterday at 04:57:59 AM »
...our next door neighbour is tuning hoon cars again. He's been doing it all day. It's really loud. It backfires all the time.

It's now three minutes to eight PM can you give it a rest dude?!?!?
"Set aphasia to stun!"

siamesecat2965

« Reply #23272 on: Yesterday at 08:33:29 AM »
 Yes I realize that it is almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon and I am still in my pajamas.  (Look like yoga pants and t- shirt)  however I worked all night and didn't get to bed until 9 o'clock this morning.  Then I slept till almost one because that's the only sleep that I will get today. Thank you for your concern on my wardrobe.

No, I most certainly did NOT kick my dog. He gets pokey slow for no reason and I gently tapped his bottom with the toe of my shoe to get his attention, since he was ignoring my commands. Again, thank you for your concern.

Hehe. I sometimes have to give my friend's elderly dog a little nudge with my knee when she doesn't want to go out for the last out of the night. Almost like herding her. I'd probably use my foot if I didn't think I'd fall over, but her butt is about level with my knee so it works out just fine. Sometimes pokey dogs just need that.

andi

« Reply #23273 on: Yesterday at 01:51:21 PM »

Hehe. I sometimes have to give my friend's elderly dog a little nudge with my knee when she doesn't want to go out for the last out of the night. Almost like herding her. I'd probably use my foot if I didn't think I'd fall over, but her butt is about level with my knee so it works out just fine. Sometimes pokey dogs just need that.

I can knee bump the Lab ok, but the Yorkie is too short so I just use my toe. This woman is - interesting. Fortunately she moved in recently and we're moving out Sunday.

jpcher

« Reply #23274 on: Yesterday at 04:49:54 PM »
When you go to print a rush job at work and find the paper tray empty. No big deal, right? Until you add paper and abut 50 pages of other peoples jobs come out!

Today there were prints from 3 different people (they printed e-mails so their name was on the pages). So at least 3 people printed a bunch of stuff and just left the printer without paper. By the time I needed to print everyone was gone for the day. So why did they bother printing in the first place?