News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 03, 2016, 10:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 155881 times)

siamesecat2965

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1830 on: November 07, 2016, 12:08:24 PM »
Thursday night: Got all my summer clothes put away, and the rest of my winter clothes and shoes out.

Saturday: pulled all the hanging stuff out of my closet on one side, to try and put the shelf back into the bracket thingys, which was successful.

I then got the itch to do a major closet purge; so I have 6 bags in my car to donate.

I also went through and posted some of my vacation photos on Facebook, as well as shredding a full bag of stuff. Took out trash, and cooked up a storm.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1831 on: November 19, 2016, 05:22:19 PM »
I took some time off yesterday and got a few leaves raked and some sucked up, shredded and spread back down on some flower beds for winter insulation.  I have more to do but we are supposed to get major snow tomorrow so it might be spring before it gets done...   :P

When BF got home, we went to his parents and moved some stuff around so they could get both vehicles in the car port, with room for the little loader, too and all the outside stuff put away in the big garage.

Today, we took the dogs to the groomers and while they were there, hit the wholesale store for some containers for dinners and soup, the Beer Store to return all the empties and pick up a case of beer, the bank to get out money to pay the groomer, Canadian Tire for a few things, the used book store and Value Village - scored a couple pair of jeans for BF, one of them still with tags! - and the grocery store with leeks to make potato leek soup.

Got home, made some lunch, got the pumpkins roasted and the seeds.  The butternut squash is still roasting for making soup.  Pumpkin is going in the freezer for baking.  Made applesauce, which still needs to be strained and packaged.  And I want to roast the butternut seeds tonight, too.

Tomorrow is some more cooking.  What I get done depends on how much snow we have to move.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1832 on: November 20, 2016, 01:04:14 AM »
First introduction of Matilda to Sophie, the new kitten, in the same room. They're not that interested in each other and there was some glaring but there was only one hiss and Sophie got to sniff Matilda's tail without being smacked, so as first introductions got that was promising. (We'd never have risked that with our first adoption attempt). By next weekend hopefully they'll be free-associating.

turtleIScream

« Reply #1833 on: November 22, 2016, 02:57:35 PM »
Put together my cooking schedule for Thanksgiving.

Made the cinnamon cashews and chocolate peanut butter balls.

Performed quality control checks on the PB balls. :)
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1834 on: November 22, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »
I didn't really have to do much, but I'm feeling pretty proud of myself: I'm going home with 2 pies from vendors today AND I managed to not take a taste of either of them.
Maryland

phase3

« Reply #1835 on: November 22, 2016, 04:12:51 PM »
Went to the grocery store today (not Thanksgiving shopping, just other things I needed). Glad I got it over with; it was crowded.  I don't shop day/night before Thanksgiving. I made that mistake once - Yikes.  :o

Chez Miriam

« Reply #1836 on: November 23, 2016, 06:33:47 AM »
Performed quality control checks on the PB balls. :)

I hope you gave yourself a pat on the back: quality control in very important in these matters! ;)
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1837 on: November 27, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »
I just made a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies, half with pecans and half with walnuts, with a few having unsweetened coconut. They are divine!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

lilfox

« Reply #1838 on: November 27, 2016, 04:14:30 PM »
Yesterday's accomplishments: sewing a snowman plushie for DD to keep her from fighting with DS over the existing plushie.  And making creamy turkey noodle soup with the leftovers.

Today: Thai curry turkey soup with even more leftovers.  Mmmm.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1839 on: November 27, 2016, 08:12:21 PM »
It has been a very busy weekend...

BF did a whole bunch of outside/garage work.  Started Friday night with putting a hall tree together then installing a couple of tire racks, installing a blackboard for recording car stuff like oil changes, moving the car trailer around so it can more easily be used for storage for the winter, got some phragmites stalks bundled together for wild bee nesting habitat, I'm not sure what else he did.

I made about 100 dozen cookies for my Christmas baking, 6 batches of pastry, made up mincemeat rolls and got them in the freezer, with my Dad's help, cleaned the house a little bit and made a prime rib roast dinner.  And all of the associated clean-up.  I think I'm on the 4th dishwasher load since Friday night.  And I did 4 loads of laundry, which is all folded and put away.

(The cookies:  About 13 dozen shortbread, about 8 dozen pecan balls, about 8 dozen almond crescents, about 17 dozen gingerbread, yet to be decorated, about 8 dozen cranberry white chocolate shortbread bars and about 12 dozen whipped shortbread.)

Tomorrow, I take my Dad home and then come back and try to finish up my Christmas cards and get my Christmas decorating started.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1840 on: November 28, 2016, 01:55:20 PM »
Christmas cards are all addressed and stamped, unless they are out of country.  BF has to sign his name to them all and then the local ones can go out.  Have to hit the post office for a couple of stamps for the far flung ones.  Yes, they are very early.  But we moved back in April so I want to make sure people have my new address, in case they are planning on sending me/us a card.

I'm going to relax for a little bit then go find my outdoor timer so I can put my two cone trellis with Christmas lights outside, ready to come on.  First Sunday in advent was yesterday so I'm a day behind on that.  They'll stay lit until Epiphany - January 6th.  I'm going to pull out the rest of the decorations and start going through them, too.  Still deciding if we're going to put up a tree.  BF wants to but I'm afraid of what might happen with two cats and four dogs...  Definitely not putting my antique glass ornaments on the darn thing!
Ontario

Chez Miriam

« Reply #1841 on: November 29, 2016, 05:11:19 AM »
I filled the holes in the kitchen wall left by the kitchen fitters, primed the housing hiding the extractor fan hose, stained the shelves for the pantry [tiny, but very useful!], and cleaned a couple of doors and door frames.

Now I'm going to tackle the 'paper mountain' whilst I'm waiting for the stain to dry enough to wax the shelves...

Why does a "paperless" world generate so much more paper than the "olden days"?! ;)
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1842 on: November 29, 2016, 08:27:43 AM »
All but one Christmas card will get mailed this morning.  We only need the address and it is within country so I don't need a special stamp.  As soon as we hear back, we'll get that one out the door.

We're going to the Christmas train today - Dallas Smith is playing that BF really wants to hear.  An appointment with an accountant to talk about maybe setting up a small business name, mainly to get the tax write-offs but also to bring in a little extra money.  Which is needed because we also go to finish paying for an picking up our dump truck.  An F550 pick-up with a dump box and a plow on the front.  That we may be able to fit with a hitch to haul our 20 ft car trailer, too.  So one truck to do all the work we need it to do.

And a few other errands to do, if we have time.
Ontario

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #1843 on: Yesterday at 10:00:32 PM »
I am in the sewing room - tossing things that I *know* I will never get around to dealing with - Coca Cola bottle lids with their codes that have not been entered in at least three years; clear elastic that is getting brittle and or sticky to the touch - it is no longer usable so it's trash; and combining all the like items into gallon plastic bags to simplify sorting them out into storage later.  Pins & safety pins in one bag, hand sewing & embroidery needles in a second, sewing machine needles in a third, and I need to find a fourth for buttons, it looks like.  Loose buttons, buttons on cards, and strings of buttons...

I also need to find something for the packages of bias tape, ribbon, and the like...where did all of this stuff come from?  Is it breeding in the bags or have I really been shopping that much?

I have a short list of "missing in action" sewing notions.  So far, I have found one adapter to let me use the bobbin winder to fill spools off of a cone of thread.  There are several other things to find.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?