News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 23, 2017, 03:00:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 3584230 times)

Hillia

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #25050 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »
(((Hugs))) to you and your DH. This is a tough thing to go through. DH is a wonderful, caring friend. Bob's bro? UGH!

DH is happy to do this for his friend, even though he's slowly burning through his PTO - as he says, he'll get another 10 days next year but Bob won't.

Burning through his PTO is another example of your DH's awesomeness.

Just a suggestion: Have DH talk to HR and/or his manager about why he's taking so much time off (not saying he hasn't already), but ask about extra time off (because it will get tougher as Bob's time grows shorter). Since Bob is probably on medical leave maybe there are ways to work around DH's regularly scheduled PTO allotment due to him helping out an employee.

My dear CW was on med leave due to cancer. She didn't have any family so two of my CWs drove her to chemo and back (they had a closer off-work friendship with her than I did, so I did not participate). My manager was able to "forgive" some of this time off, and HR has a program where other employees can donate their PTO to anybody in need. Driving a CW to chemo qualified as "in need."

Like I said, just a thought. Maybe something that will work out to give DH some PTO left after all is said and done.

Sadly enough, this resolved itself yesterday when Bob was "laid off".  His insurance will end at the end of this month, so he's got one treatment left.  His doctor had already told him that he was lucky to have this special cancer insurance, because if he was on Medicaid in our state, it would not pay for treatment given the type of cancer and his prognosis.  I imagine he will move back with his parents; he has no savings and no way to live without this job.

You could *almost* make the case for "small companies have to make hard financial decisions" (I'm sure Bob's care was wreaking havoc on the insurance underwriting) if the owner didn't use the company to pay his two adult children 100k allowances disguised as salaries.

vintagegal

« Reply #25051 on: April 21, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »
When I get home for the day and the small parking lot for my bldg (3 units) has 3 extra cars in it and one parked on the road. Where I had to park. Narrow, dirt road. I will have to go out later and move it off the road SOMEWHERE, instead of getting into my jammies and settling in for the night.

LondonAngel

« Reply #25052 on: April 21, 2017, 07:31:05 PM »
people who are not disabled, parking in disabled bays. it really annoys me.

my mum is disabled, and we have a sigh outside our home. the amount of times. my neighbour was having an extension and the builders dicided to dump 3 ton of rubble in it. my mum was away at the time.

they moved it, but we were not impressed

dawnfire

« Reply #25053 on: April 21, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »
great big hulking concrete mixers blocking the street. We woke up today to our neighbors having concrete  poured with concrete mixer blocking our tiny street (it's a one lane with parking/passing bays). talk about inconveniencing people my neighbors across the street had a fridge delivery and hubby had to  get out for an appointment
Whittlesea Victoria