Author Topic: Who came up with this useless product?  (Read 65161 times)

chigger

Re: Who came up with this useless product?
« Reply #540 on: August 16, 2014, 10:19:21 AM »
Melon ballers are fantastic for removing olives and capers from tall narrow jars without too much of the liquid.

We have a large red pickup in our area that has "Santa's Sleigh" painted on it with Christmas light bulbs and the driver does look a lot like that jolly ol' elf.

Melon ballers are great for scooping out the insides of mushrooms before you stuff them.

jmarvellous

« Reply #541 on: August 16, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
I watched the end of "Shark Tank" last night,  and a young woman invented a cardboard box that doesn't need to be taped to assemble it. As the hosts pointed out, it's not exactly a wide open market,  nor is it worth more than triple the price of a regular cardboard box,  even if it's clever.

What surprised me was that the inventor had supposedly won a national college entrepreneur competition. Did no one have those questions along the way?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #542 on: August 18, 2014, 11:35:11 AM »
I watched the end of "Shark Tank" last night,  and a young woman invented a cardboard box that doesn't need to be taped to assemble it. As the hosts pointed out, it's not exactly a wide open market,  nor is it worth more than triple the price of a regular cardboard box,  even if it's clever.

What surprised me was that the inventor had supposedly won a national college entrepreneur competition. Did no one have those questions along the way?

Yeah, they're called 'Banker's boxes' and I use them all the time at work.  Not exactly a new idea, that.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #543 on: August 18, 2014, 12:13:44 PM »

Yeah, they're called 'Banker's boxes' and I use them all the time at work.  Not exactly a new idea, that.

We also have chip boxes at work. Much less sturdy (the chips are light, so they don't have to be fantastic) but the boxes can be put together and broken down again many times before they wear out.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #544 on: Yesterday at 01:39:29 PM »
Melon ballers are fantastic for removing olives and capers from tall narrow jars without too much of the liquid.

We have a large red pickup in our area that has "Santa's Sleigh" painted on it with Christmas light bulbs and the driver does look a lot like that jolly ol' elf.

Try a pickle picker upper
http://smile.amazon.com/Animewild-1365-Norpro-Deluxe-Pincher/dp/B000PSBNCG/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1407980331&sr=1-1&keywords=pickle

Most fun utensil ever!  Although my dad always called it the "nose picker" which bothered my sister so much she wouldn't use it.  Still, good for olives, pickles, marachino cherries, and abything else where you don't want to stick your fingers in a jar but can't maneuver a spoon well . . .

That thing always reminded me of the "nose scene" in Total Recall, so I get your dad's nickname for it.  :D