News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 30, 2016, 05:45:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)  (Read 991228 times)

chi2kcldy

The teller offered change for the $20 but he only wanted $10 from his account.

About an hour after this guy leaves a lady comes in for a home equity loan for a house she is renting. It took the loan officer about 30 minutes to finally get this lady to understand you must own the home in order to qualify for a home equity loan.

She did not believe him and left in a huff.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:36:26 PM by chi2kcldy »

rose red

I miss the days when ATM's can give you $5 and $10. I guess that's my impossible request ;)

chi2kcldy

I miss the days when ATM's can give you $5 and $10. I guess that's my impossible request ;)

Me too  ;D

DoubleTrouble

Me too  ;D

The ones around my area will give you $1s, $5s, $10s & $20s!

shortstuff

Me too  ;D

The ones around my area will give you $1s, $5s, $10s & $20s!

I always request $35 or $55 from ATMs, and it usually works out for me.  Sometimes the self-checkouts at grocery stores won't let me pick that combo, they're request cashback in any combo of $20s. 

I feel for the gentleman, thinking of all the reasons he didn't want to take more money out of his account, but the purchase/cashback option is always what I suggested when I worked at a grocery store (without any ATM!).  Most people picked up 99 cent gum and got their money. 

About an hour after this guy leaves a lady comes in for a home equity loan for a house she is renting. It took the loan officer about 30 minutes to finally get this lady to understand you must own the home in order to qualify for a home equity loan.

She did not believe him and left in a huff.

This is just gold.  There is a string of stories on Not Always Right with the shared title "And This Is Why We're In A Recession."  I think this qualifies! 

chi2kcldy

I admit, I'm sheltered working in my cubicle at the corporate office. It's been years since I've had face to face customer interaction. I tip my hat to everyone working in the customer service field. This is my third day at the bank and I am so ready to retreat back to my cubicle.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:50:38 AM by chi2kcldy »

FauxFoodist

I admit, I'm sheltered working in my cubicle at the corporate office. It's been years since I've had face to face customer interaction. I tip my hat to everyone working in the customer service field. This is my third day at the bank and I am so ready to retreat back to my cubicle.

Between external customer service (dealing with the public) and internal customer service (dealing with those working for my same employer and in my department), I've found I'd rather deal with external customer service as those you usually only deal with once then they go away.  The internal ones are trickier, and the buttheads really never go away.