Author Topic: Tips for making everyday stuff easier...any0ne else?  (Read 6853 times)

KimberlyM

Re: Tips for making everyday stuff easier...any0ne else?
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2014, 11:59:24 AM »
Why have I never thought of that?  The last time I had an eyeglass emergency I broke off one of the nose cushions, and had to drive across town with a piece of metal digging into my nose, it was actually bleeding when I got there!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »
I'll never forget the night when I dropped my glasses in the car, in the dark, in a not so great area next to our hospital (had been visiting a friend and had to park on the street), had no flashlight to search for them and had to drive home in my Rx sunglasses. I'll keep one of my old pairs in the car from now on.

GreenHall

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »
Wow Necro-posting, but seemed better than starting a new thread for the same idea.

I have no idea if this is the most obvious thing ever (as it seemed after I saw someone do it.

If you heat up a frozen dinner in the microwave, and have a moderate distance to walk (like back to your desk), put the heated meal back in the box.  The cardboard will help insulate your hand for the duration.  (And though I have not had this happen yet, it would seem like if you were to drop it, the box would keep any mess contained more.)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #108 on: Yesterday at 06:12:41 PM »
I usually use a rimmed plate to carry it back as the packaging is very flimsy, but your idea is a good one.

Removing sticky stuff from an aluminum or stainless steel pan can be made easier by using Cameo or a similar metal cleaner to help abrade the stain until it is gone. Make sure you wash it again to remove all residue.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #109 on: Yesterday at 09:00:15 PM »
I eat lunch at my desk. And I keep a tray that I use as a "table" so I don't need to worry whether something falls off the plate.

So I never get my desk dirty accidentally--and in fact, I can even set the tray down on whatever papers I have, and I never get anything on them. It all falls on the try.