News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 10, 2016, 02:59:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 144196 times)

andi

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1680 on: February 07, 2016, 03:06:50 PM »
I just had to post here because it is just so silly.

So, something recently made the song "You Take My Breath Away" keep rolling through my head (sung by Rex Smith); therefore, I kept thinking about the movie "Sooner or Later" (anyone else a little girl or teen when that movie came out?).  Anyway, I ended up getting the book upon which it was based (I think I was 9-10) and, also, got the sequel, "Waiting Games."  Just found out after reading some mutual 40-something's blog post that there was a sequel written after that one, but the poster said it's for sale on eBay at incredibly high prices (no kidding -- saw one there for $75.50, which I'm not doing, and even worse prices at most places online...in the US).  Did a search, found out Amazon Canada was selling a copy for CDN $51.19 (so US $38.58).  With shipping, it cost me $44.60.  So-o-o-o- silly, I know, but I loved that movie when I was young.  I loved that song.  I fantasized about transforming myself with makeup and having some hunky guy fall in love with me.  So, not sure how I'm going to tell DH, but I bought myself the book (couldn't find anything online telling me what happens to them at the end and it's not available to check out via Link+ or whatever they call it through the public library).  Reminds me that I need to track down the book Judy Blume wrote expanding more on Peter, Fudge and Tootsie.

Is that the one with the girl got the makeover at the mall and I met the guy in the band that was playing there that afternoon? They started dating and she finally had to tell him how old she really was?

ladyknight1

• Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1681 on: February 07, 2016, 03:09:54 PM »
I'm very excited about dining out with friends and then attending a concert at a new venue in my town tomorrow! Everyone will be dressed up and that's a rarity for me.

ladyknight1

• Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1682 on: February 07, 2016, 05:03:08 PM »
I'm in my very comfortable loose yoga pants, long sleeve thermal tee, and socks while reclining in my recliner with a blanket I made out of fleece and listening to music on my laptop while writing for class.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1683 on: Yesterday at 08:03:42 AM »
I was reading an article in the paper this morning.  There are a few seniors' centres in the big city near me that have day care centres incorporated into the building.  And they regularly have cross-over events with the seniors and the little ones, like a singsong or arts and crafts.

Apparently, it is very beneficial for both sides of the spectrum:  the seniors get some much needed social interaction, which is very beneficial to their health, and the little ones get to spend time with an older generation that they may otherwise not be exposed to.  They've been careful about hand sanitizer and trying to keep the spread of germs to a minimum and have had no major issues.

It just made me smile to see the pictures of these little ones dancing with the folks in the wheelchairs and doing other activities.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

siamesecat2965

« Reply #1684 on: Yesterday at 02:38:23 PM »
I was reading an article in the paper this morning.  There are a few seniors' centres in the big city near me that have day care centres incorporated into the building.  And they regularly have cross-over events with the seniors and the little ones, like a singsong or arts and crafts.

Apparently, it is very beneficial for both sides of the spectrum:  the seniors get some much needed social interaction, which is very beneficial to their health, and the little ones get to spend time with an older generation that they may otherwise not be exposed to.  They've been careful about hand sanitizer and trying to keep the spread of germs to a minimum and have had no major issues.

It just made me smile to see the pictures of these little ones dancing with the folks in the wheelchairs and doing other activities.

The community my mom moved to has a daycare center on campus, and frequently the residents interact with the kids. Its really great to see it all!