News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 18, 2017, 01:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread  (Read 2285340 times)

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
Re: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread
« Reply #12300 on: August 16, 2017, 04:03:41 AM »
Death in Paradise. A UK crime series. I don't watch much crime, I gave them up when I was about 16.

Victoria

Catananche

« Reply #12301 on: Yesterday at 04:45:21 AM »
I really enjoy 'light' murder mysteries. I enjoy watching:

Father Brown
Death in Paradise
Dr. Blake
The Coroner
New Tricks
Inspector Morse
Endeavour
Midsommer Murders
Lewis
Mystery!
A touch of Frost

A bit grittier:
Shetland
Inspector George Gently

Miniseries:
And then there were none... (2015)

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, thousands of pixels were inconvenienced

rose red

« Reply #12302 on: Yesterday at 08:54:05 AM »
Got a new question.

If you're taking an airplane somewhere for just a few days, do you have to take all your prescriptions in the actual bottles? Can you take what you need in a small pill box and the prescription sheets the drug store gives you, or will that raise suspicions?

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #12303 on: Yesterday at 09:36:40 AM »
Got a new question.

If you're taking an airplane somewhere for just a few days, do you have to take all your prescriptions in the actual bottles? Can you take what you need in a small pill box and the prescription sheets the drug store gives you, or will that raise suspicions?

You could just have the sheets and the box, unless it is something regulated like a heavy narcotic pain medication. For those, you need the bottle.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Slartibartfast

• Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #12304 on: Yesterday at 11:57:01 AM »
Got a new question.

I flew last week with a handful of pills in a ziploc bag. No issue.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #12305 on: Yesterday at 12:51:37 PM »
Got a new question.

I flew last week with a handful of pills in a ziploc bag. No issue.

Same here. I always separate my meds into individual packs for each day. If I had to take the original containers there would be a big space problem. Not to mention the fact that I don't want to put my full supply of meds at risk while traveling and taking things out of the original packaging to store at home (and then restore?) just seems awkward.

I know that they advise you to bring the original packaging but I've never had a problem in all the years I've traveled. I know what my meds are and I would be surprised if TSA didn't have a copy of the Physician's Desk Reference handy -- that includes physical descriptions of pills, which are supposed to be unique. My only issue would be that the same generic made by two different manufacturers may have different forms.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
« Reply #12306 on: Yesterday at 02:10:49 PM »
Got a new question.

I generally carry the prescription bottles when possible (I have a mail-order prescription where the bottle just says what's in it, and my name etc. are on a box that it comes in), but nobody has ever asked to see them, even for international travel (Canada and Britain).
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

rose red

« Reply #12307 on: Yesterday at 03:39:13 PM »
Thanks everyone! I probably won't take all the original bottles now. Too bulky for only a few days!