News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 27, 2017, 10:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 3175739 times)

lilfox

Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #21030 on: April 24, 2017, 02:17:43 PM »
Not a baby name, but a friend calls her pet "Delilah."  That's a fine name, but whenever she types it the spelling changes - I've counted at least three variants including the most recent Deliaha.

mandycorn

« Reply #21031 on: April 24, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »
I find some names are forever associated (for me) with dogs I have known. I can't hear the name Luke without thinking of a basset hound, Bailey, a black lab, and Levi, a golden retriever. Oh, and Riley the cat.

Molly is always initially a brown Lab for me, but I also have the American Girl Doll in the back of my mind to remind me it can be a human name too.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

gmatoy

« Reply #21032 on: April 24, 2017, 08:05:43 PM »
I find some names are forever associated (for me) with dogs I have known. I can't hear the name Luke without thinking of a basset hound, Bailey, a black lab, and Levi, a golden retriever. Oh, and Riley the cat.

Molly is always initially a brown Lab for me, but I also have the American Girl Doll in the back of my mind to remind me it can be a human name too.

There are currently 4 dogs named "Molly" in our neighborhood. I'm getting tired of hearing that name yelled. Sigh. (I can not imagine how parents who named their daughter Molly would feel.)

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #21033 on: April 24, 2017, 11:46:23 PM »
I'm endlessly amused by the lead singer of My Chemical Romance naming his daughter Bandit and the family dog Susan.  ;D
<3

vintagegal

« Reply #21034 on: April 25, 2017, 12:00:06 PM »
neighbors had a cat that they gave a girl's name to (can't recall it now - 35 years ago) and then when they had a baby (girl) she got the same name.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #21035 on: April 25, 2017, 05:00:51 PM »
Minelia, not sure of pronunciation.

I see manilla...like the envelope
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mustard

« Reply #21036 on: Yesterday at 02:58:34 AM »
I'm endlessly amused by the lead singer of My Chemical Romance naming his daughter Bandit and the family dog Susan.  ;D

My kids were in hysterics for a fortnight when we camped in France several years ago; the dog in the next tent shared my first name.... and was always in trouble with its owners so got shouted at; a lot.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #21037 on: Yesterday at 07:49:44 AM »
Aisjon - female students' name
Dawnielle
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
« Reply #21038 on: Yesterday at 07:54:35 AM »
I know a Dawnielle. Nickname Dawnie.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
« Reply #21039 on: Yesterday at 05:59:38 PM »
Extin - boy's name.  Pronounced pretty much like it looks: Ecks-ton

schnauzermom

« Reply #21040 on: Yesterday at 10:26:04 PM »
My ex-sister in law was named Carol, her grandmother was upset that the baby wasn't name Cindy after her dog.

Karen

Brock

TracyXJ

« Reply #21041 on: Today at 08:36:10 AM »

I like Dawnielle.  I think it sounds very pretty, but it's not so pretty when written down.

GreenHall

« Reply #21042 on: Today at 08:56:02 AM »

I like Dawnielle.  I think it sounds very pretty, but it's not so pretty when written down.
Dawnielle is going to spend her(?) entire life with a misspelled name and/or explaining no, it's not 'Danielle'