News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 19, 2017, 10:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 3324966 times)

magicdomino

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #24630 on: Yesterday at 09:51:14 AM »
I came across a meal delivery service that made me roll my eyes. They suggested you should order prepared meals for newlyweds. The reasons given: so they don't have to cook after going home & because newlyweds don't want boring old traditional gifts. You could tell the company realized how little sympathy that generates; the next suggestion was (paraphrasing) "Newlyweds tend to burn food at first & don't know how to cook. You're doing them a kind favor by not making them eat burned food."  ::)

Somebody needs to realize that the 20th century is gone.  Most people don't go straight from their parents' home into marriage.  They've lived and cooked on their own for a while.  Now, this still might be a good gift for a couple who both dislike cooking or have jobs with long hours, but let's not be patronizing.

siamesecat2965

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #24631 on: Yesterday at 10:37:25 AM »
I came across a meal delivery service that made me roll my eyes. They suggested you should order prepared meals for newlyweds. The reasons given: so they don't have to cook after going home & because newlyweds don't want boring old traditional gifts. You could tell the company realized how little sympathy that generates; the next suggestion was (paraphrasing) "Newlyweds tend to burn food at first & don't know how to cook. You're doing them a kind favor by not making them eat burned food."  ::)

Uuuuuuuh.... they should really be informed that a lot of people, newlywed or not, do in fact know how to cook.

Or don't. :)