A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers

<< < (259/710) > >>

Mel the Redcap:
I got a couple of spam mails that were so awesome that I've saved them in my Junk folder instead of deleting them with everything else. ;D

The first one:
"WE THE FBI HAVE WARRANT TO ARREST YOU GET BACK TO US FOR YOUR OWN GOOD"
with an attached text file called "FBI final warning". Apparently the FBI use AOL for their e-mail, too.

The second:
It's a fairly standard Nigerian phishing e-mail... except that it's from Dr. Henry Salami. That still makes me grin when I see it.  ;D

Amara:

--- Quote ---WE THE FBI HAVE WARRANT TO ARREST YOU GET BACK TO US FOR YOUR OWN GOOD"
--- End quote ---

I don't know if I could resist emailing them back just to see where they go with this.  ::)

Twik:
I think this scam works by having you open the attachment, which comes helpfully loaded with a Trojan allowing them to control your computer.

Harriet Jones:
I can't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but I got one of those "I've been hired to kill you, but I won't if you send me even more money" emails.  I knew it was fake, but it was still creepy.

nutraxfornerves:
The FBI one is a straight Nigerian scam. You can see the various forms the attachment takes here

The head of the FBI writes in remarkably poor English for someone with a law degree, who was an officer in the Marine Corps and worked in the legal field for many years before taking over the FBI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version