A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers

<< < (369/1434) > >>

darling:

--- Quote from: VorFemme on October 21, 2013, 09:14:18 PM ---
At best, he had low blood sugar so badly that his brain had quit working - otherwise, chemicals not appropriate to a Scout leader were in his blood stream...because nobody would hand over a dozen boys to such an obvious idiot!  Would they? 

--- End quote ---

Oh, you'd be surprised...

daisy1679:

--- Quote from: doodlemor on October 03, 2013, 06:37:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: daisy1679 on October 03, 2013, 06:22:18 PM ---
I had that happen to me once, but a different store! I was 8 or 9, and all I wanted for my birthday was Bon Jovi - New Jersey. Got it, tore it open, popped it in, and ... Scorpions (the album with Winds of Change). I was so disappointed, especially since the store didn't have any other copies of Bon Jovi in stock, so I had to get a different tape. Never did get that Bon Jovi album...

--- End quote ---

It's not too late.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/bon-jovi-new-jersey-cd

--- End quote ---

Sorry, just saw this. I actually have their Cross Roads album, so I have all the songs I want off New Jersey  ;) Still love Bon Jovi  ;D

unnalee:
My office just got a call from a person who sounded like he was in a very busy call center.  He didn't identify himself or the company he supposedly was working for.  Just launched into asking me to give him the make and model of the copier in our office.   ::)  Yeah, like I haven't heard that one before...

So, to have a little fun and see where this went, I asked why he needed to know that information.  He said he represented the Blahblahblah Publishing Co. who were rewriting the operating manual for our copier.  He wanted to verify which one we had to that they could send us a new one.  I put on my best "innocent, young woman who doesn't know any better" voice, and asked all kinds of circular questions, just to keep him on the phone and to stop him scamming someone else. 

He finally got to the point of almost yelling at me to just give him the make and model number, and I finally flatly said, "NO.  This is a scam."  He hung up on me.  :)

Carotte:

--- Quote from: hjaye on October 22, 2013, 08:23:12 AM ---Well it's finally happened to me, my debit card information has been stolen.  The only place it seems like they could have stolen the information from is PayPal.

I bought a computer on line from Ebay last week, I payed for it through Paypal, two days later and my checking account is wiped out.  Thankfully, it's a week before I get payed so they don't get too much, and I've already contacted one merchant and I'm getting my money back from them.  The thief bought a watch on line and was sending it a place in California that according to the merchant is used for forwarding items to other locations, probably overseas. 

They did have my debit card number, security code, phone number and billing address.  I was able to get a hold of my bank last night and cancel the card so they won't be able to make any more purchases.  All in all, it could have been a lot worse that what it is. I'm off to the bank in a few minutes to see about the other charges and hopefully get some more of my money back.

--- End quote ---

A friend of mine got her Credit Card info hacked twice in 3 months. First was through an online merchant and meant she didn't have a working CC when we left for a 10 day holiday (she had received the new card but not the code, we had friend check her mail for it), second time the card info was copied in an ATM in another country A, she had to cancel the card mid-trip and it's her only one.
She was gripping that she had to jump through so many hoops* this second time around, I told her that the bank fraud department most likely flagged her account and that she should be happy that the law here means the bank has to reimburse her.

'Funny' thing is that this is the most on line and offline personal-info security conscious person I know, who shreds everything that has her name on it and so on. 

(*first time she only had to tell them which where the fraudulent charges, I think it was only one, second time she had to provide a bunch of info that the bank has outlined on their contract, so it's not them making it difficult, it's them doing their job.)

Elfmama:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on October 22, 2013, 07:46:59 AM ---Their membership in the Boy Scouts of America has been revoked permanently and they have been stripped of their positions in their troop.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version