A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers

<< < (369/736) > >>

wheeitsme:

--- Quote from: PastryGoddess on October 21, 2013, 10:48:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: VorFemme on October 21, 2013, 10:14:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: Otterpop on October 21, 2013, 02:23:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Twik on October 21, 2013, 12:45:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on October 21, 2013, 09:17:42 AM ---Oh, as a Scout volunteer and leader, the first story burned me and the second? What kind of role model is he?

I am certain his membership in the organization will be revoked and he will be on permanent ban.

--- End quote ---

Some people may notice that I get worked up a bit about safety in the workplace, and in general.

So, let me say that this man's position, that he knocked over the rock because of safety concerns, is absolutely ridiculous.  >:( What next, he shoots all the animals in the park because they might somehow attack a camper at some point? He chops down redwoods because they might fall on someone?

--- End quote ---

Heh, heh.  Seriously, the rock had been there for 20 million years without incident.  Suddenly HE has to protect everyone?  Obvious deflection from his serious vandalism.

Hope they throw the book at him, then prosecute for insurance fraud.

--- End quote ---

Seriously - the rock formation that tourists travel miles and miles and miles to see (even from other countries?) is such a safety hazard that HE knocks it down to save lives?  With the help of another "leader"? 

Yeah, right, pull the other one, it's got bells on it...

At best, he had low blood sugar so badly that his brain had quit working - otherwise, chemicals not appropriate to a Scout leader were in his blood stream...because nobody would hand over a dozen boys to such an obvious idiot!  Would they? 

Snarky and Evil are not happy with him - but I've locked up the blazer & the nerve disruptor - don't want any Boy Scouts or million year old landmark rock formations caught in the cross fire by accident....

--- End quote ---

Ummm you left the flamethrower in the corner...better put that away too :)

--- End quote ---

She would, but he gets cranky when you wake him up.  ;)

ladyknight1:
Their membership in the Boy Scouts of America has been revoked permanently and they have been stripped of their positions in their troop.

hjaye:
Well it's finally happened to me, my debit card information has been stolen.  The only place it seems like they could have stolen the information from is PayPal.

I bought a computer on line from Ebay last week, I payed for it through Paypal, two days later and my checking account is wiped out.  Thankfully, it's a week before I get paid so they don't get too much, and I've already contacted one merchant and I'm getting my money back from them.  The thief bought a watch on line and was sending it a place in California that according to the merchant is used for forwarding items to other locations, probably overseas. 

They did have my debit card number, security code, phone number and billing address.  I was able to get a hold of my bank last night and cancel the card so they won't be able to make any more purchases.  All in all, it could have been a lot worse that what it is. I'm off to the bank in a few minutes to see about the other charges and hopefully get some more of my money back.

modified to use the correct form of paid

Thipu1:

--- Quote from: Otterpop on October 21, 2013, 02:23:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Twik on October 21, 2013, 12:45:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on October 21, 2013, 09:17:42 AM ---Oh, as a Scout volunteer and leader, the first story burned me and the second? What kind of role model is he?

I am certain his membership in the organization will be revoked and he will be on permanent ban.

--- End quote ---

Some people may notice that I get worked up a bit about safety in the workplace, and in general.

So, let me say that this man's position, that he knocked over the rock because of safety concerns, is
absolutely ridiculous.  >:( What next, he shoots all the animals in the park because they might somehow attack a camper at some point? He chops down redwoods because they might fall on someone?

--- End quote ---

Heh, heh.  Seriously, the rock had been there for 20 million years without incident.  Suddenly HE has to protect everyone?  Obvious deflection from his serious vandalism.

Hope they throw the book at him, then prosecute for insurance fraud.

--- End quote ---

The video clearly shows that it took him some time and effort to destroy the Goblin.

Why would he be fearful for the safety of children visiting the place? It isn't as if the Goblin would squash a toddler who put a hand on it. 

This was mindless vandalism, pure and simple.  This guy has gotten himself into major trouble with both the federal government and the insurance company.  He deserves every penalty they can give
him. 

gramma dishes:
Agreed.  He didn't do it to "protect" anyone. 

He did it to show off. He wanted to prove what a big, strong, hulk he is.  And the guys who giggled and danced are just as mindless, childish and idiotic as he is.

I guess he forgot that he was trying to convince the insurance company that he was 'disabled'. 

I hope they totally throw the book at him.  Both books!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version