We actually used to get great vacations out of timeshare sells. We would go up to the Smokies and sit through 2-3 sales pitches and leave each one with vouchers for free 2-3 night cabin rentals, show tickets, various cheap prizes (luggage, cheap jewelry, dishes). The trick is to get your prizes up front, hammer out exactly how long the presentation is and feel no guilt about telling them that you are a broke college student and will not be spending any money on a timeshare. 90% of the time we got our participation gifts with no problem. The other 10% we reminded them that we had fulfilled our part of the bargain and now it was their turn.