Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 650537 times)

Coralreef

Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #2895 on: June 17, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
LOL .. I got a robocall today saying I won a free cruise to the Bahamas.   Not falling for that one!

You too?  We should plan a group vacation, because over here we're getting that robocall a gazillions times a week! There was a follow up story in the newspaper over here, if you can read French.  http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/national/201402/27/01-4742946-croisiere-gratuite-des-passagers-menes-en-bateau.php
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:30:30 AM by Coralreef »

[/right

amylouky

« Reply #2896 on: June 17, 2014, 11:39:31 AM »
  Dear Sir,    I am Sergeant James Buckland, from the United States Marine stationed in Gazi province of Afghanistan, in the eastern Afghanistan, on Saturday May 13 2014, a bomb exploded killing 14 civilian traveling to the Giro district of Ghanzi province of Afghanistan after a wedding ceremony. In our search for the victim survival we discovered in one of the truck van caring the victims wedding gifts a trunk box in content was the United State Dollars over Six Million estimated.    I have this money secured in our position as we are not ready to present this fund to the Afghanistan government or the United State Government. We all agreed to make away with this funds as this fortune may no reoccur, we seek for your assistance as a foreign civilian that will receive this money through our diplomatic cargo delivery in Europe France Paris. Where we have our diplomatic embargos in France Paris.    All arrangement to deliver the amount in the trunk through our diplomatic courier embargos service to France.We have agreed to share the funds as follows we take 60% while you take 40% for you, we will also give you power of attorney to invest our share of the funds in a profitable venture in your country.    Your profile information will be required to seek the power of attorney in your name as the beneficiary of the consignments which we will labele as x-ray photographic material for security purpose.    I await your urgent reply please keep this as a Top secret.    Yours Truly  Sgt James Buckland [/size][/font]

Wow. That one's especially disturbing.. they're saying they looted a bombed out truck? Lovely.

momof2weenies

• (3 weenies now!)
« Reply #2897 on: June 17, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »
  Dear Sir,    I am Sergeant James Buckland, from the United States Marine stationed in Gazi province of Afghanistan, in the eastern Afghanistan, on Saturday May 13 2014, a bomb exploded killing 14 civilian traveling to the Giro district of Ghanzi province of Afghanistan after a wedding ceremony. In our search for the victim survival we discovered in one of the truck van caring the victims wedding gifts a trunk box in content was the United State Dollars over Six Million estimated.    I have this money secured in our position as we are not ready to present this fund to the Afghanistan government or the United State Government. We all agreed to make away with this funds as this fortune may no reoccur, we seek for your assistance as a foreign civilian that will receive this money through our diplomatic cargo delivery in Europe France Paris. Where we have our diplomatic embargos in France Paris.    All arrangement to deliver the amount in the trunk through our diplomatic courier embargos service to France.We have agreed to share the funds as follows we take 60% while you take 40% for you, we will also give you power of attorney to invest our share of the funds in a profitable venture in your country.    Your profile information will be required to seek the power of attorney in your name as the beneficiary of the consignments which we will labele as x-ray photographic material for security purpose.    I await your urgent reply please keep this as a Top secret.    Yours Truly  Sgt James Buckland [/size][/font]

Wow. That one's especially disturbing.. they're saying they looted a bombed out truck? Lovely.

Not just that, but a bombed-out-truck of a newlywed, whose wedding gifts they are stealing.  Definitely winners.
"Dachshunds are like potato chips. You can never have just one."

Elisabunny

« Reply #2898 on: June 17, 2014, 03:38:17 PM »
LOL .. I got a robocall today saying I won a free cruise to the Bahamas.   Not falling for that one!

You too?  We should plan a group vacation, because over here we're getting that robocall a gazillions times a week! There was a follow up story in the newspaper over here, if you can read French.  http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/national/201402/27/01-4742946-croisiere-gratuite-des-passagers-menes-en-bateau.php

I got one too.  E-hell cruise!
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #2899 on: June 17, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »

I got one too.  E-hell cruise!

....actually....that might be a good idea

darling

« Reply #2900 on: June 17, 2014, 04:47:06 PM »
Holy cow, folks! Look what I got from "paypal"!

Congratulations you made it! For the first
time in history the underground secret
millionaire society responsible of turning
over 384 average Joes into INSTANT millionaires
is now opening up his doors again!

For FREE. Yes, FREE. You can becoe a Millionaire
too in as little as 6 months from now, no catch!

All you need to do is grab one of the 20 FREE
memberships spots they are giving away here now:

Click Here

Thanks,
Jessica

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2901 on: June 17, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »

Click Here

Thanks,
Jessica

Wow, I am suddenly reminded of The Red-Headed League from Sherlock Holmes...
~Lynn2000

magicdomino

« Reply #2902 on: June 17, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »

Click Here

Thanks,
Jessica

The secret millionaire society is getting a little short on funds, and needs to sell a bunch of personal info. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2903 on: June 17, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »
Apparently millionaires don't need spell check.

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #2904 on: June 17, 2014, 05:48:24 PM »

time in history
the underground secret

Click Here

Thanks,
Jessica

I want to know how they're doing something both for the first time in history and again.

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #2905 on: June 17, 2014, 07:52:19 PM »
I'm always fascinated by these things and love to see if I can find out what they are about. The "secret millionaire society" is promoting something called "binary options."

Investor Alert: Binary Options and Fraud.  I'm having trouble finding a good, simple explanation. From Wikipedia "In finance, an option is a contract which gives the buyer (the owner) the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell an underlying asset or instrument at a specified strike price on or before a specified date." and "In finance, a binary option is a type of option where the payoff is either some fixed amount of some asset or nothing at all."

Long story short--unless you are very experienced and know what you are doing, it's hard to make money with this legitimately. There are, unfortunately, a lot of scammy brokers who are happy to take advantage of people's ignorance. As one honest web site puts it
Because to be honest binary options is first of all about the fun of trading. If you make money from it even better but do not except to become a millionaire next week. Maybe you can make some money like a few thousand dollars per month if you are very good at predicting short-term market movements.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #2906 on: June 18, 2014, 01:58:10 AM »

I've just won $40 million in an Oz Powerball lotto draw that the government entered me in on my behalf!

I had NO idea the Mad Monk was so kind! From his press releases of late, you'd expect him to hate the unemployed.

All I have to provide is my life information up to and including the souls of my children.

I wonder if they'll accept two Rottweilers (the Demon Twins) instead?

Fliss
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2907 on: June 18, 2014, 08:28:57 AM »
Giving scammers the souls of your demon rottweilers seems rather mean, but appropriate.  ;D  I have this mental image of some poor thing backed into the corner of their office by your dogs, screaming "She said she was sending her kids! I swear!"
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

o_gal

« Reply #2908 on: June 24, 2014, 10:54:44 AM »
Just got this one:

Gillian & Adrian Bayford are giving you part of their winnings as charity Please respond to this message with your Name, Address and Phone number.

It came from an email address that is "Walker, Rachel - (rwalker2)  (rwalker2@email.arizona.edu)". So is this a scammer trying to make it look like it's a legit address, or someone so stupid as to send an email like this from an actual address. The @email.arizona.edu would be a CatMail address from the University of Arizona. I think I'll be contacting them through their support service  >:D

amylouky

« Reply #2909 on: June 24, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »

time in history
the underground secret

Click Here

Thanks,
Jessica

I want to know how they're doing something both for the first time in history and again.

I guess if this is the second time they've done it, it would be the first time in history they've done it again?  :)