News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 14, 2017, 07:45:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 2249041 times)

nuit93

Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #3105 on: August 08, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »
Email subject:
Free Lasik evaluation- Schedule one now. 1 Weird Trick To Better S-x, Increased Energy, Sharper Focus

[I had not realized that ophthalmologists have made such incredible advances in their science. Surely worthy of a Nobel or at least an IgNobel.]

I just had lasik and I did not get these benefits either.  I am going to mention this at my next recheck !

I hope you at least got the sharper focus so not everything is blurry  ;) .

On the other hand, if you were experiencing the effects of better s-x and increased energy, you might not care so much about not being able to see well.   :)

Well, everybody knows that too much s-x makes you blind.  ;)

I figured I'd just do it until I needed glasses ;)

daen

« Reply #3106 on: August 08, 2014, 07:00:29 PM »
Email subject:
Free Lasik evaluation- Schedule one now. 1 Weird Trick To Better S-x, Increased Energy, Sharper Focus

[I had not realized that ophthalmologists have made such incredible advances in their science. Surely worthy of a Nobel or at least an IgNobel.]

I just had lasik and I did not get these benefits either.  I am going to mention this at my next recheck !

On the other hand, if you were experiencing the effects of better s-x and increased energy, you might not care so much about not being able to see well.   :)

Huh. I always thought it was only the solo variety that negatively affected one's eyesight.

Kaymyth

« Reply #3107 on: August 08, 2014, 08:04:52 PM »
When I first joined Facebook, I would regularly get friend requests from young women, who wanted to share with me photos of their naked selves.  Someone on ehell said that they were pron spambots.

I started accepting the friend requests, and would immediately start posting comments, expressing condolences for the advanced state of their STDs.  I was immediately unfriended and blocked.  And unlike reporting to the Admins (who would shut down one, only to have another pop up immediately), I only had to do this twice, and I have never been bothered since.

That is seventeen different kinds of brilliant.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #3108 on: August 11, 2014, 10:21:08 AM »
I am the Recruitment Manager of a steel company in Japan. We are in need of a Reputable Company/Individual in Canada and USA that can act as our Company Sales Representative (Intermediary between our clients in Canada and USA regions). If interested, kindly indicate your interest by replying this email: {removed}@hotmail.com

Regards
Cindy Doe
Recruitment Manager

* Hey, it's a hotmail address, not gmail. That's new.

* I don't think sending out e-mails to total strangers whose work histories you know nothing about is the best way to recruit for your company.

* This company Cindy Doe works for is supposed to be in Japan but the e-mail came from someone with the name surname Alvarez from Argentina. Seems totally legit.  ::)

Reader

« Reply #3109 on: August 11, 2014, 12:14:58 PM »
I finally got the "microsoft, your computer sent us a message that it's infected" scam on my cell last Friday night.  They tried telling me that my computer had sent a virus notification in the last month, this is when I laughed told them never to call me again because my computer hasn't worked since June! Lol.  ;D

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #3110 on: August 13, 2014, 09:24:07 AM »
I got an offer to meet non-arrogant Russian ladies on Skype.

Um, no thanks. I'd be interested in meeting Russian wolfhounds, Karelian Bear Dogs or Caucasian Ovcharkas, though!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #3111 on: August 13, 2014, 10:52:35 AM »
Cindy Doe gets around. In some of her messages, she says "Note: The job will only take few minutes of your time daily. You can Earn Extra dollar while doing your normal job/Business."  That's a red flag for the scam where they send you a check or two and ask you to wire most of the money to someone overseas, and keep the rest as your fee. The checks, of course, is fake.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

pwv

« Reply #3112 on: August 14, 2014, 09:48:06 AM »
This was in my spam folder:

Apostolic Greetings to you from Mrs. Evelyn Williams,

With due Respect and Humanity I write to donate and hand over this fund to you for orphanages and widows / less privileged and propagate the gospel of God(US$5.8M) Five million eight hundred thousand dollars deposited in a security firm in Cote d'Ivoire by my late husband. I, Mrs. Evelyn Williams, 68 years old without a child, married to late Engr. Ramsey Williams from Israel who worked with Oil company (PETROCI) Cote d'Ivoire before he died in the year 2010 after a Cardiac Arteries Operation, presently my doctor said I will not last for four months due to Colon Cancer, So you are requested to send your full information such as:

(1)YOUR FULL NAME:

(2)YOUR TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER:

(3)YOUR RESIDENT ADDRESS

(4)SEX:

(5)YOUR COUNTRY:

(6)YOUR AGE:

(7)OCCUPATION:

(8)IDENTIFICATION PASSPORT:

Please always remember me in your daily prayers. Thanks and waiting your quick response. God bless us,

Mrs. Evelyn Williams

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #3113 on: August 14, 2014, 12:16:59 PM »
Here's a brand-new one!
---------------------------------------------------------
Attn everyone;

I was heartbroken that my boyfriend decided to leave the relationship, so I had the Retrieve A Lover spell cast. with Dr Oshimili Lantoh Within a week of the spell casting, he called “just to talk.” After some pleasant talks and catching up, he asked to see me again.

I felt he had started to turn around. I decided to give him a chance just to see. now we are happily married and He is absolutely crazy about me, i thank Dr Oshimili Lantoh for bringing back my ex, if you need his help you can contact him via email: [redacted]

He is specialized in all kind of spell castling such as:

1. Getting your lover or husband back
 2. Spiritual bulletproof
 3. Training
 4. Money spell
 5. Long life spell
 6. Prosperity spell
 7. Protection spell
 8. Get a job spell
 9. Becoming a manager spell
 10. Get a huge loan without paying any fee spell
 11. Getting your scam money back  (does that mean that if you pay him, you'll get that  money back?)
 12. Child spell
 13. Pregnancy spell
 14. Freedom spell
 15. Love spell
 16, vanishing spell
 17. Invisible human spell
 18. Success or pass spell
 19. Marriage spell
 20. Avenging spell
 21. Popularity spell
 22. Killing spell
 23. Cancer spell
 24. Supernatural power spell
 25. Madness spell
 26. Free house loan spell
 27. Production spell of films and movie
 28. Tuberculosis spell
 29. Loose weight and body spell
 gambling spell and lot more

contact him now and your problem will be solved.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #3114 on: August 14, 2014, 12:45:03 PM »
I got a call today from someone who couldn't pronouce my name correctly and told me he was from the "special warranty department" for my .... get this..... Honda PT FJ cruiser. And asked me how many miles I have on my vehicle.

1) Honda doesn't make PT cruisers. Chrysler does.
2) My car is a Toyota.

I just laughed and said "sorry not interested" and hung up. You know, if you're going to call and scam someone, at least know manufacturers and car models.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

KimberlyM

« Reply #3115 on: August 14, 2014, 01:03:47 PM »

1. Getting your lover or husband back
 2. Spiritual bulletproof
 3. Training
 4. Money spell
 5. Long life spell
 6. Prosperity spell
 7. Protection spell
 8. Get a job spell
 9. Becoming a manager spell
 10. Get a huge loan without paying any fee spell
 11. Getting your scam money back  (does that mean that if you pay him, you'll get that  money back?)
 12. Child spell
 13. Pregnancy spell
 14. Freedom spell
 15. Love spell
 16, vanishing spell
 17. Invisible human spell
 18. Success or pass spell
 19. Marriage spell
 20. Avenging spell
 21. Popularity spell
 22. Killing spell
 23. Cancer spell
 24. Supernatural power spell
 25. Madness spell
 26. Free house loan spell
 27. Production spell of films and movie
 28. Tuberculosis spell

Kind of curious about some of theses spells...tuberculosis spell?  Does it cure it, or give it to you, or give it to someone else?  Same with the cancer spell...madness spell...
Invisible human?  Me or like an an invisible mini me?  That could be fun!

PlainJane

« Reply #3116 on: August 14, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »
Here's a brand-new one!
---------------------------------------------------------
Attn everyone;

I was heartbroken that my boyfriend decided to leave the relationship, so I had the Retrieve A Lover spell cast. with Dr Oshimili Lantoh Within a week of the spell casting, he called “just to talk.” After some pleasant talks and catching up, he asked to see me again.

I felt he had started to turn around. I decided to give him a chance just to see. now we are happily married and He is absolutely crazy about me, i thank Dr Oshimili Lantoh for bringing back my ex, if you need his help you can contact him via email: [redacted]

He is specialized in all kind of spell castling such as:

No, no, no!!! Weight does not like to be loose and quickly finds another host, usually me! Stop the loosing of weight now!

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #3117 on: August 14, 2014, 03:11:06 PM »
Email subject:

How much is too much?  And will I be able to stop "just" before I go blind?

Sirius

« Reply #3118 on: August 14, 2014, 04:28:29 PM »
Got this one yesterday.  It was a e-mail titled "Fax of requested information."

"We are attempting to fax information to you about your account.  Please click on the link."

I realize that my fax doesn't work, but I never request information to be faxed to me anyway.  That got deleted.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3119 on: August 14, 2014, 04:29:57 PM »
I won the Google Lotto!!

Email winner of 2014 GOOGLE LOTTO.
Please kindly view attach document for details to collect winnings immediately.

Congratulations!!!

Regards,
Dr. Larry Page.
Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer,
Google Inc.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture