A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers

<< < (100/736) > >>

atirial:

--- Quote from: siamesecat2965 on February 05, 2013, 06:34:04 PM ---Haha - I just got one. I answered even though the name on my caller id was gibberish and i didn't recognize the number. It was some guy, who could barely speak English, calling about my "microsoft windows computer" nice try since they don't really make computers, and I know its a scam. I just said, hey, I know this is a scam, goodbye and hung up.
--- End quote ---
This one really annoys me. I've taken to sounding blank and telling them we don't have PCs. It seems to throw them.

Seven Ate Nine:

--- Quote from: atirial on February 08, 2013, 05:05:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: siamesecat2965 on February 05, 2013, 06:34:04 PM ---Haha - I just got one. I answered even though the name on my caller id was gibberish and i didn't recognize the number. It was some guy, who could barely speak English, calling about my "microsoft windows computer" nice try since they don't really make computers, and I know its a scam. I just said, hey, I know this is a scam, goodbye and hung up.
--- End quote ---
This one really annoys me. I've taken to sounding blank and telling them we don't have PCs. It seems to throw them.

--- End quote ---

I have heard that telling them you run Linnux typically breaks their script and they'll leave you alone.

My mom clicked on one of those "Make my PC faster" websites.  Got a message that her computer was infected and she'd need to pay $40 a month for 3 years to keep it clean.  She called them up to get the info (she's actually pretty tech savvy, but she's fallen a bit behind).  After a few minutes of the hard sell, she said she'd have to talk to her son in law about it.  The guy on the phone gave her the phone number to call back, then she mentioned that her son in law is the CIO of a company.  The guy on the phone told her that he didn't expect he'd be hearing back from her.  >:D

Yarnspinner:

--- Quote from: Twik on February 07, 2013, 11:42:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: sunnygirl on February 07, 2013, 11:37:36 PM ---I just got a spam/scam email from "The King of Narnia." WOW.

Bet it's Edmund.

--- End quote ---

LOL!

--- End quote ---

Could be the witch, 'cause you never know.

weeblewobble:

--- Quote from: Twik on February 07, 2013, 11:42:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: sunnygirl on February 07, 2013, 11:37:36 PM ---I just got a spam/scam email from "The King of Narnia." WOW.

Bet it's Edmund.

--- End quote ---

LOL!

--- End quote ---

HIGH KING Edmund.

Luci:
Has anyone responded to the message that 3 of your Facebook friends have defriended you?

I won't touch it, of course, but I wonder what the scam is - or unnecessary way to part with my cash, anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version