News:

• February 20, 2018, 11:41:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 2399896 times)

nutraxfornerves

Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #7215 on: January 08, 2018, 01:38:32 PM »
DO YOU want to join the great Illuminati call Agent on [phone number] join the great Illuminati brotherhood and become richer, once you join the brother hood you will be given two Billion USdollars instantly and you will be earning 4 BILLION every 2weeks.. join today and become richer and famous…you will need to fill out this form if you are willing to join the brotherhood…

Full name……….
Country……….
State of origin……….
Date of birth……….
Sex……….
Address……….
Phone……….
Email address……….

Tell us little about yourself…

I am one of the agents sent by the high priest to bring as many of those who are interested in becoming a member of the Illuminati to the great Illuminati temple,am a traditional herbalist healer and no problem without a solution to me but I was ones like you I could not evening feed my family what kind of life was that to live I lived in poverty until I saw an opportunity to be a member of the great Illuminati brotherhood and I took my chances and I have been a member for close to three years now and the higher you get the richer you become. illuminati makes your business grow to get more powers successful luck love attraction money and many more other benefits so if you are interested contact or WHATSAPP me on my Nigeria number [XXXX] or EMAIL {blah blah blah}

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

LadyJ3000

• Cinemania
« Reply #7216 on: January 08, 2018, 03:23:00 PM »
We just got an email from an obvious scammer at my hotel. I am copying this verbatim.

Hi,
I'm Amanda and we booked a room at your hotel for the 15th and 16th of Febuary.
We will be staying four days.
Please reserve us a room our financial information is in the attached pdf file.
 Thanks.

Yeah right I'm really not going to open a pdf from someone who can't keep her story straight. God knows what kind of virus was in that file.
My Media Blog
http://ladyj3000.blogspot.com
Updated Weekly

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #7217 on: January 08, 2018, 08:28:30 PM »
From last year, but I thought you guys might find this scammer takedown interesting...

Millions Are Hounded for Debt They Don’t Owe. One Victim Fought Back, With a Vengeance
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

andi

« Reply #7218 on: January 08, 2018, 08:42:08 PM »
Wow!!  He should start a business teaching people how to get the calls to stop

Writer of Wrongs

• Mysteries, Thrillers & Whodunits, Oh My!
« Reply #7219 on: January 09, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »
That was breathtaking. Beautiful. We should all be Andrew.
Some day, I hope to get paid to kill people. Now, I just do it for fun.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #7220 on: January 09, 2018, 10:17:57 AM »
Yeah, I'll jump right on this one.   ::)

Dear Client,

Your account just make supicious transaction, We've temporary limited your account due to this supicious activity until this issue is resolved

Here is transaction detail:

Transaction date : January 7 2017
Transaction amount : 25$ USD
Transaction ID : GG32487191EA4
If You didn't authorize this transaction please dispute transaction soon.

Please login to your account and provide the requested information to dispute this transaction before January 5 2017.

If we don't receive the requested information soon, We can't refund your money and your account may be closed without any notification.

Confirm Your Information

Copyright © 2018 PayPal Inc., 500 King St. W, Toronto, ON M5V 1L9. All rights reserved.

sandisadie

« Reply #7221 on: January 09, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »
Yesterday I was reading a news article on a website I've visited many times.  All of a sudden my screen was taken over by a big red border and message that stated something about the fact that my computer had been taken over by something that was going to keep me from accessing any information on it.  Further more, a phone number was provided and I was told not to touch my computer but to call immediately so that Windows could fix my computer, or something to that effect.   Of course, I  calmly went off line and clicked on my protection program and did a thorough scan and then continued with my day.  Nothing was found on my system.  Things like that do make me nervous though!

KimberlyM

« Reply #7222 on: January 09, 2018, 11:57:33 AM »
Yesterday I was reading a news article on a website I've visited many times.  All of a sudden my screen was taken over by a big red border and message that stated something about the fact that my computer had been taken over by something that was going to keep me from accessing any information on it.  Further more, a phone number was provided and I was told not to touch my computer but to call immediately so that Windows could fix my computer, or something to that effect.   Of course, I  calmly went off line and clicked on my protection program and did a thorough scan and then continued with my day.  Nothing was found on my system.  Things like that do make me nervous though!

A few months back my boss called that number, gave them remote access to his computer and a credit card to pay for their "service" to repair it.   ::)

vintagegal

« Reply #7223 on: January 09, 2018, 12:29:29 PM »

A few months back my boss called that number, gave them remote access to his computer and a credit card to pay for their "service" to repair it.   ::)

amazing. How did he become boss?

I was just watching a UK documentary on scammers, I can't believe anyone over the age of 12 doesn't realize the "shell game" or 3 card monte is a scam.

rose red

« Reply #7224 on: January 09, 2018, 12:43:23 PM »

amazing. How did he become boss?

I was just watching a UK documentary on scammers, I can't believe anyone over the age of 12 doesn't realize the "shell game" or 3 card monte is a scam.

There's always has to be the first time you hear about common scams, even for book smart people. And scammers are getting more convincing every day, especially since technology is still relatively new. Messages keep popping up on my brand new phone that seems to come from my service provider and I still can't tell what is real and what is not.

Back when I got my first credit card, I almost (*almost* is the key word, thank goodness) fell for the magazine scam and the "you won a cruise" scam because I wasn't aware of these type of scams. Back then, I didn't connect it to my CC. Once your name is out there, you're screwed. >:(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:45:19 PM by rose red »

KimberlyM

« Reply #7225 on: January 09, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »
He's in his 70's.  Try as he might, technology is too confusing. 

Twik

« Reply #7226 on: January 09, 2018, 12:54:59 PM »

I can kind of understand that, unless you've heard of it, you think it *should* be possible to track the pea. There seems to be a difficulty in some people's minds in considering that the guy on the other side of the table really won't play by the rules.
"The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now, let's dance!"

MrTango

« Reply #7227 on: January 09, 2018, 02:25:42 PM »
This is a ‘Nigerian Prince’

Police have arrested a 67-year-old Lousiana man who allegedly helped a gang of international scammers bilk unsuspecting email recipients of their savings.
Michale Neu, who is neither royalty nor Nigerian, was charged with 289 counts of wire fraud and money laundering.

It’s the guy’s photo that prompted the headline

Hopefully, after he is convicted the judge will include the words "to be served consecutively" to the sentencing order.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #7228 on: January 09, 2018, 03:23:51 PM »
My mom's younger sister passed away in August after a very long difficult health battle.  My aunt was married three times.  She still got along with Husband #1 and Husband #3 is the one who loved her most.  He took very good care of her.  Husband #2 is all kinds of special.

Apparently when Aunt and Husband #2 were married Aunt took out a small life insurance policy with #2 as beneficiary.  #2 borrowed against the policy so he could buy a boat  :o and never repaid the loan.  Husband #3 has been paying the premium on that policy since he married Aunt 10 years ago.  Apparently, no one ever changed the beneficiary.

So #2 finds out Aunt has passed away and comes to #3's house, pounding on the door, demanding a death certificate so he can get "his" money.  #3 told him to pound sand.

We later found out that #2 can't collect on the policy due for some reason concerning their divorce and the money was divided amongst her 4 children.

Team HoundMom

« Reply #7229 on: January 10, 2018, 10:01:45 AM »
Just learned of a new scam when someone noticed my niece's obituary on their site: "Afterlife.co".  These ... people ... mine obituaries, re-post them to their site, then encourage people to pay to "offer a comforting animated candle" and other add-ons.  Absolutely sickening.