Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 600505 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #1215 on: June 25, 2013, 12:39:53 PM »
Whoa!  And how well was her dd going to do at university if she couldn't pass the exam to get in?

That question requires the use of logic, reasoning and a semi-functioning brain

heartmug

« Reply #1216 on: June 26, 2013, 12:05:14 PM »
Whoa!  And how well was her dd going to do at university if she couldn't pass the exam to get in?

That question requires the use of logic, reasoning and a semi-functioning brain

But of course.
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain

Redwing

« Reply #1217 on: June 26, 2013, 12:13:44 PM »
I got a spam today with this in the subject line:

I love your eyes and the way it looks at me makes me go so craze at you. The silent language spoken by your eyes makes my life more romantic. I want to get myself lost in your smiling eyes.

The body of the email is a link, which, of course, I will not follow.

staceym

« Reply #1218 on: June 26, 2013, 02:45:45 PM »

I love your eyes and the way it looks at me makes me go so craze at you. The silent language spoken by your eyes makes my life more romantic. I want to get myself lost in your smiling eyes.

:D

I got one last week that said they saw my profile pic on FB and thought I was cute and wanted to get to know me better (or some such wording)....

I really laughed out loud because my FB profile pic is one of me and my sister and brothers when we were younger, I was about 5.  I wonder how "he" knew which one I was  :P

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1219 on: June 26, 2013, 02:47:57 PM »

I got one last week that said they saw my profile pic on FB and thought I was cute and wanted to get to know me better (or some such wording)....

I really laughed out loud because my FB profile pic is one of me and my sister and brothers when we were younger, I was about 5.  I wonder how "he" knew which one I was  :P

I got one as well. and my profile pic is of a frog, with its arms crossed, saying "no"

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #1220 on: June 26, 2013, 03:11:22 PM »

I got one like that too!!   I'm so sexy-looking, and he really wants to get to know me better.

My Facebook picture is a picture of my cat, who apparently is getting more action than I am.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1221 on: June 26, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »

I got one like that too!!   I'm so sexy-looking, and he really wants to get to know me better.

My Facebook picture is a picture of my cat, who apparently is getting more action than I am.

See what happens when you don't spay/neuter?
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1222 on: June 26, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
And the kittens will go to Ms. Cellany or *inviteseller!

Redwing

« Reply #1223 on: June 26, 2013, 03:30:51 PM »

I got mine on my work email and there is no picture associated with it!

Jules1980

« Reply #1224 on: June 26, 2013, 03:47:08 PM »

I got one too.  He even told me he had a son. 

KB

« Reply #1225 on: June 26, 2013, 10:37:42 PM »

Congratulations! Do you know who the father is? ;-)

Jules1980

« Reply #1226 on: June 26, 2013, 11:05:57 PM »

Congratulations! Do you know who the father is? ;-)

He came with frame.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1227 on: June 26, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »
My grandmother called yesterday.  She'd subscribed my two older daughters to a magazine (it has different age levels, so each gets her own).  She said she had just wanted to let me know she'd received a renewal notice and she'd be renewing the magazines.  I was puzzled at this, because I didn't *think* they'd been getting the magazine for a year already.  Thanks to this thread, I knew that magazines try to get you to renew and renew and renew.  So I accessed our account online and discovered that we're up for renewal in December, not now.  So I was able to tell her that, and she can save her money for six months.  :)  I'm contemplating whether I should contact the magazine and tell them that I'm disappointed in them.  They might contract out that sort of thing to another company.  But, nonetheless, it definitely doesn't give me happy thoughts when thinking of them, and I *do* like the magazine a lot!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1228 on: June 27, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »
My grandmother called yesterday.  She'd subscribed my two older daughters to a magazine (it has different age levels, so each gets her own).  She said she had just wanted to let me know she'd received a renewal notice and she'd be renewing the magazines.  I was puzzled at this, because I didn't *think* they'd been getting the magazine for a year already.  Thanks to this thread, I knew that magazines try to get you to renew and renew and renew.  So I accessed our account online and discovered that we're up for renewal in December, not now.  So I was able to tell her that, and she can save her money for six months.  :)  I'm contemplating whether I should contact the magazine and tell them that I'm disappointed in them.  They might contract out that sort of thing to another company.  But, nonetheless, it definitely doesn't give me happy thoughts when thinking of them, and I *do* like the magazine a lot!

These renewal notices may have nothing to do with the publisher of the magazine at all.

Every issue of Harper's has a box warning subscribers against fake renewal notices. 

Also, the mailing label on each magazine we receive has the date of the last issue printed on it somewhere. 

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1229 on: June 27, 2013, 09:23:13 AM »

It probably wouldn't do any good as they all do it. Drives me up the wall too.