News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 22, 2018, 10:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 2579794 times)

cwm

Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #1350 on: July 17, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »
Well, this one is short, sweet, and rather mysterious:

Subject: hi
I am Ms Judith, I have a God calling proposal for you email: XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com for my details.

Are you there, God? It's me, Twik....

It doesn't say God, it says a God. So I wonder which one it is. Maybe Thor? Or Zeus? But I am betting it is Loki or Coyote.

No, no! It's a God-calling proposal. Ms. Judith wants to hire you to telephone all the deities out there. Either that, or she's invented a new and improved God-call and needs help marketing it. Not sure how well it will sell, however, as the one in current use is free. You know, "prayer."

How would one even call a God, any God? What are their phone numbers? And what country code would they belong to, for that matter?

scotcat60

« Reply #1351 on: July 17, 2013, 05:02:33 PM »
How would one even call a God, any God? What are their phone numbers? And what country code would they belong to, for that matter?

With my luck, any call would go straight to Voicemail.....

poundcake

« Reply #1352 on: July 17, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »
If it goes to VM, does a God call you back, or do They have a PA to do that stuff?

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #1353 on: July 17, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »

I am Ms Judith, I have a God calling proposal for you email: XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com for my details.

It doesn't say God, it says a God. So I wonder which one it is. Maybe Thor? Or Zeus? But I am betting it is Loki or Coyote.

No, no! It's a God-calling proposal. Ms. Judith wants to hire you to telephone all the deities out there. Either that, or she's invented a new and improved God-call and needs help marketing it. Not sure how well it will sell, however, as the one in current use is free. You know, "prayer."

"Yoo-Hoo, hey God!  Over here!"?

Iris

« Reply #1354 on: July 18, 2013, 03:54:35 AM »

"Yoo-Hoo, hey God!  Over here!"?

Bahahahahahahahaha. I've had a hard day and needed that belly laugh. Thanks, zyrs  ;D
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Slartibartfast

• Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1355 on: July 18, 2013, 06:49:33 AM »
Operator
Information
Please give me Jesus on the line. . .

(Fantastic song and well worth looking up if you don't know it!)

cwm

« Reply #1356 on: July 18, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »
Operator
Information

Yes, but is he your own personal Jesus?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist...another good song.)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1357 on: July 18, 2013, 12:54:23 PM »
Operator
Information

Yes, but is he your own personal Jesus?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist...another good song.)

I don't care if it rains or freezes...
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1358 on: July 18, 2013, 01:07:57 PM »
Somebody at work just told me that this has worked for one of his neighbours:

Answer the phone in a language other than English.  For us here in Canada, 'Ola' would work, 'Bonjour', maybe not.  I'm thinking about answering in Japanese.  Phonetically here because I have no idea how to spell it:  Koneitchiwa.  Better warn my Dad before I do it, though, or he'll be really confused!  (I don't have call display.)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
« Reply #1359 on: July 18, 2013, 01:49:09 PM »

Answer the phone in a language other than English.  For us here in Canada, 'Ola' would work, 'Bonjour', maybe not.  I'm thinking about answering in Japanese.  Phonetically here because I have no idea how to spell it:  Koneitchiwa.  Better warn my Dad before I do it, though, or he'll be really confused!  (I don't have call display.)

Extra tip: The way to answer the phone in Spanish is "Bueno!"
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #1360 on: July 18, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »

FYI, they answer the phone with "Moshi-moshi" in Japan!

Amara

« Reply #1361 on: July 18, 2013, 02:11:56 PM »
This is a funny idea. If you wanted to use it, I think that learning a few words in Urdu would be nice.  >:D

mechtilde

« Reply #1362 on: July 18, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »
Just make something up- that way there's no chance of them understanding it!
NE England

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1363 on: July 18, 2013, 02:33:24 PM »

Thanks!  Not that it really matters, since the point is just to answer in something other than English.  Maybe I could try Klingon...
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
« Reply #1364 on: July 18, 2013, 02:54:02 PM »

I like "moshi-moshi!"  What does it mean, literally?