Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 712177 times)

Amara

Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #2115 on: December 21, 2013, 09:12:44 PM »
 >:(   :o   >:(

My name is Jxxxxxxx. I am asking someone to please help me get a leg up in life and move forward with my profession. Im looking for a new MacBook. I am trying to finish my novel that has been in the works for ten years. I have a ten year old Toshiba that no longer works and the first portion is on it. I am also getting into the voice over career at this moment working toward recording a demo. Once I get that I can start working right away instead of getting a second job as a waitress. Ive tried many times in the past to get a second job working 7 days a week, even to the extreme from waitressing from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm with an hour break ( to eat and take a bus to the next restaurant). I save up some money and something always comes up ( school fees, car problems etc) Life is just plain expensive. I am asking someone to help me in obtaining the tools so I may progress. I am a motivated person and I want nothing more than to pursue my goals and live a happy healthy life. I am now at the library typing this out asking for help! I biked over here too because my car broke down two days ago and is irreparable. In the face of adversity I still have optimism and drive! God Bless and may we come in contact and you can help someone who has been trying to make it now for so long! I got a great story out of just living my life and would like to continue that story for the world! If you help me I also with gratitude will put you in the preface of my book thanking your good deed! email me if you would like to know more!

snowfire

« Reply #2116 on: December 21, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »
VorFemme - this is the best fabric store in the San Francisco Bay Area  when it comes to clothing fabric.  I generally drool my way through their first floor fabrics - it's glorious stuff.

http://www.britexfabrics.com/fabric/wool-fabric/wool-coating.html

They actually sell stuff at those prices?

Yup, I actually have some beautiful teal-colored wool that I bought on sale there.  The only problem with it is that I'm afraid to cut into it for fear I'll mess it up.

I adore Britex/  They're on my MUST GO list anytime I'm in the Bay area.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #2117 on: December 22, 2013, 12:52:58 AM »

My name is Jxxxxxxx. I am asking someone to please help me get a leg up in life and move forward with my profession. Im looking for a new MacBook. I am trying to finish my novel that has been in the works for ten years. I have a ten year old Toshiba that no longer works and the first portion is on it. I am also getting into the voice over career at this moment working toward recording a demo. Once I get that I can start working right away instead of getting a second job as a waitress. Ive tried many times in the past to get a second job working 7 days a week, even to the extreme from waitressing from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm with an hour break ( to eat and take a bus to the next restaurant). I save up some money and something always comes up ( school fees, car problems etc) Life is just plain expensive. I am asking someone to help me in obtaining the tools so I may progress. I am a motivated person and I want nothing more than to pursue my goals and live a happy healthy life. I am now at the library typing this out asking for help! I biked over here too because my car broke down two days ago and is irreparable. In the face of adversity I still have optimism and drive! God Bless and may we come in contact and you can help someone who has been trying to make it now for so long! I got a great story out of just living my life and would like to continue that story for the world! If you help me I also with gratitude will put you in the preface of my book thanking your good deed! email me if you would like to know more!

...I read that as "optimism and drivel, God Bless" >:D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Lauds

« Reply #2118 on: December 22, 2013, 01:53:12 AM »

Nice to see it's not just English the scammers have trouble with!

Hillia

« Reply #2119 on: December 22, 2013, 12:01:41 PM »
The latest phishing email pretends to be from WalMart (or Wallmart, as they so charmingly spell it):

Sir/Madam,

Your order WM-002772057 delivery has failed because the address was not specified correctly. You are advised to fill this form and send it back to us.

If your reply is not received within one week, you will be paid your money back but 17% will be deducted since you order was booked for Christmas holidays.

The real tipoff is the 17% discount.  Since when does Walmart offer any sort of discount for inconveniencing you?  ;)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #2120 on: December 22, 2013, 12:23:36 PM »
This poor woman has no money for food, but has Internet access and a couple of cell phones:

appeal to you all my brothers that I am a poor woman. Help me as if I am your Sister or a daughter. I tell you that I have three children and I am living in a rented room for last Seventeen years. I cannot afford its rent and cannot afford a meal for two times a day. My husband does'nt have any business nor he has any job to do. My husband struggled hard but could achieve nothing. Because no one can get something without bribing someone or without recommendation from higher authorities. I beg you all brothers and sisters that for God's Sake please help me. I tell you that my husband is heavy vehicle driver. My husband should by called in some foreign country. Or my husband should be financially supported within my country for heavy vehicle. I, a sad women, will pray to God for your good all life long and I will not forget your beneficience. Help me considering me as your Sister or a Daughter. I beg you for Sake of my eye's tears that please help me. I shall wait eagerly for your answer. we are so disturbed by difficulties that owners of house evict us out of their home after one or two months due to non-payment of rent. Tell me, where a woman with her children may go. No one is ready to help us. I want to ask who will help us humanity ended.

Your sincere,
[name],

Address: [blah, blah, blah]
Rawalpindi, Pakistan

Phone: +92 XXXXXXXX, +92 YYYYYYYYY

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

eltf177

« Reply #2121 on: December 22, 2013, 04:23:38 PM »
The latest phishing email pretends to be from WalMart (or Wallmart, as they so charmingly spell it):

Sir/Madam,

Your order WM-002772057 delivery has failed because the address was not specified correctly. You are advised to fill this form and send it back to us.

If your reply is not received within one week, you will be paid your money back but 17% will be deducted since you order was booked for Christmas holidays.

The real tipoff is the 17% discount.  Since when does Walmart offer any sort of discount for inconveniencing you?  ;)

I read that as a 17% restocking fee, not a refund.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #2122 on: December 22, 2013, 04:36:54 PM »

Sir/Madam,

Yeah, that's how I read it, too.  I think they're trying to push people to respond right away by making them think that they'll lose 17% of the money they spent, *AND* not get the item they ordered, if they don't respond with the information quickly.

Hillia

« Reply #2123 on: December 22, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »

Sir/Madam,

Yeah, that's how I read it, too.  I think they're trying to push people to respond right away by making them think that they'll lose 17% of the money they spent, *AND* not get the item they ordered, if they don't respond with the information quickly.

oops, yeah, you're right.  I read that wrong.  It sounds much more realistic your way!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2124 on: December 23, 2013, 12:11:56 AM »
I beg you for Sake of my eye's tears that please help me.
You mean you have no consideration for Sake of her eye's tears?  You hard-hearted creature, you!   8)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #2125 on: December 23, 2013, 12:22:56 AM »
did someone say Sake Bomb?

magicdomino

« Reply #2126 on: December 23, 2013, 11:07:13 AM »
New luxury product:  sake made from the tears of mothers.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #2127 on: December 23, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »

Wish someone would give me a free laptop to further my "chosen profession"... My novel hasn't even taken 10 years, so I might be able to write several in the laptop's lifetime! Then I could stay home, write and make pretty things to sell on etsy! Surely that's the path to my dreams, even though I rarely sell anything and fail to list things now in favor of actually doing my job. (Lame, right?)

Alas, I have no laptop fairy. (Or a laptop even. Lol) So I guess I'll get back to working for the things I want. And writing my novel on an iPhone screen. (Can't complain, spell check works, app is pretty easy and I can whip it out an work anywhere, as long as I don't mind people thinking Im one of those "entitled millennials" addicted to my phone. They might be right.)

I am in a silly mood right now I think.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #2128 on: December 24, 2013, 12:33:49 AM »
I just received this email:

Notice of appearance in court NR#5317
Notice to Appear
To Me
Today at 9:26 AM
Notice to Appear,

Hereby you are notified that you have been scheduled to appear for your hearing that
will take place in the court of Washington in January 9, 2014 at 11:00 am.

Please bring all documents and witnesses relating to this case with you to Court on your hearing date.

The copy of the court notice is attached to this letter.
Please, read it thoroughly.

Note: If you do not attend the hearing the judge may hear the case in your absence.

Yours truly,
Isabella Tailor
Clerk to the Court.

1 Attachment
 Download attachment
Court_Notice_Jones_Day_Wa#0651.zip Download
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

I love how the email is addressed "To Me", meaning the sender.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #2129 on: December 24, 2013, 12:45:21 AM »
And they spelled the last name Taylor wrong.