News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 24, 2018, 03:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 2581414 times)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #2160 on: January 19, 2014, 11:01:06 PM »
I'm a member of a homeschooling message board, and somebody actually created an account so he could post this:

Hello i am good VENDOR of dumps...
Introducing to the General Public, Our Track 1 and 2 Dumps Service!
First hand stuff with good balance!!
Available Now.
Largest,Freshest bases ever!!! ( World Wide Visa/Mc/Amex/Disco)
Superior Customer service
Greatest Service of Bin Consultation for your area!
Fair Prices, Fair replacement service, and Great Product!
 i give test to people i can trust.... i also sell ccv and i
dont sell things that are lies like wu transfer.... i have track 1&2 for US,CA,many EU and ASIA
dumps....for all those who do not trust can buy of my stuff and test first... if they are
impressed then they can order many... I accep only WMZ and WU and moneygram
contact me if you want us to talk business.... i can also deal on %% if i trust you....
contact me for price list
Icq support: 693153737
Yahoo Id: darkrain781
24/7/365
Only Serious Buyers
Contact Now!!

I can't even figure out what the dude is selling.  Dumps?  Like... computer dumps?  It sort of sounds like somebody took all the interesting advertising phrases they could find and just stuck them together.  And the "freshest bases" thing makes me think of "all your base are belong to us."
Emily is 10 years old!  1/07
Jenny is 8 years old!  10/08
Charlotte is 7 years old!  8/10
Megan is 4 years old!  10/12
Lydia is 2 years old!  12/14
Baby Charlie expected 9/17

PastryGoddess

« Reply #2161 on: January 19, 2014, 11:12:32 PM »
I'm a member of a homeschooling message board, and somebody actually created an account so he could post this:

Hello i am good VENDOR of dumps...
Introducing to the General Public, Our Track 1 and 2 Dumps Service!
First hand stuff with good balance!!
Available Now.
Largest,Freshest bases ever!!! ( World Wide Visa/Mc/Amex/Disco)
Superior Customer service
Greatest Service of Bin Consultation for your area!
Fair Prices, Fair replacement service, and Great Product!
 i give test to people i can trust.... i also sell ccv and i
dont sell things that are lies like wu transfer.... i have track 1&2 for US,CA,many EU and ASIA
dumps....for all those who do not trust can buy of my stuff and test first... if they are
impressed then they can order many... I accep only WMZ and WU and moneygram
contact me if you want us to talk business.... i can also deal on %% if i trust you....
contact me for price list
Icq support: 693153737
Yahoo Id: darkrain781
24/7/365
Only Serious Buyers
Contact Now!!

I can't even figure out what the dude is selling.  Dumps?  Like... computer dumps?  It sort of sounds like somebody took all the interesting advertising phrases they could find and just stuck them together.  And the "freshest bases" thing makes me think of "all your base are belong to us."

Report this immediately.  This guy is selling stolen credit card and identity information

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #2162 on: January 20, 2014, 09:23:35 AM »
Yes, that is credit card data, freshly dumped from whatever source it came from--say, Target transactions. "i also sell ccv " means that he's selling that 3-digit code that appears on the back of a credit card.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #2163 on: January 20, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »
I reported his post to the homeschool boards and got it removed, but are you saying I should report it to somebody else?  If so, who?  Yahoo, since he gives his yahoo sn?

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #2164 on: January 20, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »
I would think law enforcement would be interested.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #2165 on: January 20, 2014, 02:52:07 PM »
He's been posting on all sorts of internet forums since the beginning of the year, so has no doubt been reported all over the place.

It's quite likely that he isn't a real credit card seller, but rather a scam artist. He may be paying teenagers a pittance to register & post on forums. That's a common spam tactic, although more common for slightly more legitimate products, such as drugs for manly men. If you actually contact him and try to buy something, he'll demand money up front via Western Union and you'll never hear form him again. Who do you complain to that you never got your stolen credit cards?

The real credit card thieves have much more clandestine ways of offering wares and use other payment systems.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
« Reply #2166 on: January 20, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »
I reported his post to the homeschool boards and got it removed, but are you saying I should report it to somebody else?  If so, who?  Yahoo, since he gives his yahoo sn?

The FBI

http://www.fbi.gov/report-threats-and-crime

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #2167 on: January 20, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »

I believe the FBI has a way to submit tips via their website. If you let them know the content, screen name, date it appeared, and the boards info, they would likely be interested.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #2168 on: January 21, 2014, 03:01:36 PM »
Thanks!  I tried reporting it.  I probably won't know if it did any good, but at least I tried.  :)

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #2169 on: January 22, 2014, 10:43:40 PM »
<3

kherbert05

• Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #2170 on: January 26, 2014, 07:34:08 PM »
Not sure if anyone's seen this, but the hoax has done the rounds on my FB feed recently. If you see this image of "Mallory", know that's it's been stolen from her mothers blog and us brung used without permission.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/facebook-stole-my-disabled-daughters-identity/story-e6frfrnr-1226503776416
Only horrible people would do something like that. There was a worse one a while back were people were encouraged degrade and make fun of a young woman who was also disabled. FB did little to stop that one either.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #2171 on: January 30, 2014, 05:58:12 AM »
This scammer needs to try a little harder.  This is the entire email I just received:

I am Capt.Rivera a US Army in Afghanistan i need your help for safe keeping of two military trunk boxes

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #2172 on: January 30, 2014, 06:50:05 AM »
Not a "scammer" the way that some of these stories are, but still enough to make me  ::)

I belong to several local mom 2 mom facebook groups.  Most of them allow people to post home business sales stuff (Mary Kay, Pure Romance, etc) which annoys me some, but I just scroll past.  A few weeks ago, someone posted a message along the lines of:

Hey moms, who's tired of all this cold?  We should have a girls night in!  Come to my house at X day and time, and we'll have snacks, chat, and I'll give everyone facials!

Being the skeptic that I am, I clicked on her profile.  Consultant for Arbonne.  Girls' night in... right.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2173 on: January 30, 2014, 10:25:25 AM »
I know someone who does that for her lingerie, skin care products and scrabble item sideline. I just ignore everything she posts.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #2174 on: January 30, 2014, 02:30:53 PM »
Got another scamming call from the ATO today, I hate that they have my name. This time they hung up after my earful.