Author Topic: Need help writing a thank you note to my vet  (Read 6212 times)

Reader

Need help writing a thank you note to my vet
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:01:12 PM »
BG: I have used my vet for 14 years since I got my first cat then and have taken my other two animals there as well.  I drive over 28 miles (30 minutes) to this particular vet from my home city (when I started with them I originally lived less than a five minute drive).  Not only are they very well priced, but wonderful with all my animals.  About 2 weeks ago I had to put my cat Sam down due to a cancerous tumor.  They sent me a lovely sympathy card with a pic of 2 cats and a dog that represent the 3 I had. end BG.

I sat down to write a thank you note, but kept hitting a brick wall.  I often use a separate piece of paper to write what I want them transfer it to a card.  I would write something, then cross it out because I wasn't sure if what I was saying might sound off (I can sometimes have an offbeat sense of humor) so I am turning to you wise ehellions for advice.  The two starts I had were:

Once again you prove why driving 30 minutes from my town is so worth it (then got stumped and wondered if that was too much)

Simpler version - Thank you again for the great service (then got stumped because this didn't seem to say how much I appreciate them)

Added notes - Not only did the vet tear up she also gave me a hug and the receptionist/vet tech whose has been there for at least as long as I have been going there also gave me a hug.  Both also told me that Sam was lucky to have me as a owner.

Help please.

Amara

Re: Need help writing a thank you note to my vet
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
Let your emotion go into what you say and don't worry about how you say it. Just let them know how much you love that she cares so much and that she loved your pets, that it gave you comfort to be able to share their lives with her and that you were glad she was able to with you and them at the end. Basically, just tell her what's in your heart.

Hugs, OP.

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 03:18:55 PM »
First, ((hugs)).

Personally, I'd write something like "Thank you so much for the care you have given to [pets' names] throughout the years. It meant the world to our family to know you were there for Sam, and for us."
Utah

webhill

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »
As a veterinarian, I can say that every thank you note is appreciated. It means a lot to us to know that we are appreciated. I'm sure that whatever you write, your veterinarian will be happy to know that his or her care was important to you.

catgal

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 12:59:24 AM »
Dear Vet,

Thank you for your kindness to Sam and myself on XX XX 2012.  You have always provided such great care of all my animals.  Saying goodbye to Sam was heartbreaking, but the compassion that you and your vet tech showed to us both helped carry me through this time.  I feel blessed that Sam was in such good care, including his last visit.

Thank you also for your thoughtful card.  I appreciated you kind words and thoughts.

Reader, and cat and dog (names removed to protect the furry)

I also like Moray and Amara's words.  Like Webhill, I'm sure your vet will be touched to receive a card from someone who appreciates the care that they have shown your furry friends.
There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

NyaChan

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
Maybe include a picture your pets as well?  Some pet service places I have been to display pictures of their furry clients and often put up their cards as well.

Reader

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 09:58:52 AM »
Didn't have any prints to send off, as I'm just getting the digital copies that my friend took as a favor from a few weeks back.  But I was able to sit down yesterday with all your help and write out a thank you note that goes out in the mail today.  This marks the first time I ever wrote out a thank you note of this nature.  Thanks guys!  ;D