Author Topic: Amazon reviews Bic for Her  (Read 3932 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Amazon reviews Bic for Her
« on: October 12, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »
Oh man, these are hilarious. I first heard of this on Ellen when she did a spoof commercial for them, then had to look it up and found that the Amazon reviews were even funnier!

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-Cristal-1-0mm-Black-MSLP16-Blk/product-reviews/B004F9QBE6/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

And Ellen's mock commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCyw3prIWhc
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Iris

Re: Amazon reviews Bic for Her
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »
So funny! Thanks for sharing :)
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »
You're welcome!  I got a good laugh out of the mock commercial. 

I betcha the people at Bic are cringing at how this is being received!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Iris

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:32:08 PM »
You're welcome!  I got a good laugh out of the mock commercial. 

I betcha the people at Bic are cringing at how this is being received!

Well, really, I have little sympathy for them. Their marketing team sure dropped the ball on this one.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 08:51:20 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for them either, just simply imagining a bunch of them facepalming now that the product is out and all these reactions are coming in.

Iris

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »
Just to let you know, I may have stolen your links for my facebook feed :) Too funny not to pass on.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 09:17:50 PM »
Amazon bombs are nothing new... the ones for the Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 and Bil Keane's various Family Circus books are nigh-legendary.  (Seriously, do yourself a favor and Google "Amazon Nimbus 2000".  Don't bother checking Amazon, they're gone gone gone now!)

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 09:22:10 PM »
I still crack up over the Veet For Men reviews on Amazon UK, if ever I need a good laugh, I just read those and they cheer me up!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
Just to let you know, I may have stolen your links for my facebook feed :) Too funny not to pass on.

Heehee! No problem, share the hilarity! :) And now I can have fun checking out the Nimbus reviews, thanks! And Veet for men! LOL!

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »
I saw the reviews for these before (don't know the source) and enjoyed them greatly.

Yesterday, though, I was killing time in Staples and saw them in Real, Living Color!   I 'bout fell over laughing in public.   >:D

suzieQ

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 05:35:22 PM »
I may have to buy a pack of those just because I loved the reviews so much! LOL
Check out my crocheted cross body bags for phones!

http://phlings.blogspot.com/

blueyzca01

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
I may have to buy a pack of those just because I loved the reviews so much! LOL

Do you have to wait for your husband to give you your allowance, or do you have some spare change set aside for "emergencies" such as this?
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Elisabunny

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 04:00:31 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Those reviews are hilarious!   I saw those pens at the store and my initial reaction was "ooo, pretty! "   But when I saw the "for her" label I just. couldn't. get them.  I think Bic has done a major goof with this.
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »
Those reviews are hysterical. This one sent me into a major giggle fit:

"Not absorbent at all. Caused a big mess. Needed Expensive pantiliner backup. Plus uncomfortably pointy to insert. Product would be better with plastic applicator."
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 09:24:51 PM »
Why do so many manufacturers seem to think that if they take XXXX and make it available in pink and/or purple (maybe a few other pastel colors) that it is now "for girls"?

Is the pen slimmer for the supposedly smaller female hand?  Sized to fit the female purse instead of the male chest or pants pocket?  What about people of both genders who stick it behind their ear?  Or even women using it as a hair stick, to keep it available while keeping their hair out of the way?

Does it double as feminine protection?  Absorbency or with tear gas for protection in more dangerous situations?  Nope?

Fuggedaboutid

I have gel pens in all those ink colors or I can even (gasp) buy ink cartridges for my fountain pen (wish I could replace the one of Grandpa's that I wore out in high school - I miss that maroon & gold pen - which I kept filled with peacock blue ink at the time).....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?