Author Topic: Amazon reviews Bic for Her  (Read 3767 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Amazon reviews Bic for Her
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »
Those reviews are hysterical. This one sent me into a major giggle fit:

"Not absorbent at all. Caused a big mess. Needed Expensive pantiliner backup. Plus uncomfortably pointy to insert. Product would be better with plastic applicator."

LOL!! Hadn't seen that one!  I did see another one that complained about it leaking once a month and causing a mess.

And I'm with you VorFemme.  Why do they think that making it in the feminine colors makes it "for her"?  I'm not even all that big a fan of pink anyway.  Blue and red are my favorite colors.  I have to laugh when Ellen said the pens were pink and thus cost twice as much.  Really?  What is it about making it pink and geared towards women makes it more expensive?

And what about women who do not have small hands?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 10:37:13 PM »
...I have to laugh when Ellen said the pens were pink and thus cost twice as much.  Really?  What is it about making it pink and geared towards women makes it more expensive?   ...

It has long been a business tactic to mark up the prices of the exact same product by coloring it pink or pale blue or light lavender and making it a "women's" product. 

They do it all the time with things like razors.  They make them exactly the same way, same blades, same positioning, then change the shape of the handle a teeny bit and make it of pink molded plastic instead of black or gray and voila!  A more expensive product that the ladies will buy because they care about looking feminine!   ;D

diesel_darlin

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »
I love these pens. It keeps the guys in my diesel classes from stealing them.  ;D

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 01:39:39 AM »
...I have to laugh when Ellen said the pens were pink and thus cost twice as much.  Really?  What is it about making it pink and geared towards women makes it more expensive?   ...

It has long been a business tactic to mark up the prices of the exact same product by coloring it pink or pale blue or light lavender and making it a "women's" product. 

They do it all the time with things like razors.  They make them exactly the same way, same blades, same positioning, then change the shape of the handle a teeny bit and make it of pink molded plastic instead of black or gray and voila!  A more expensive product that the ladies will buy because they care about looking feminine!   ;D

They also put out coupons all the time for men's razors (usually $3-$5 off, which is pretty good for a $9 razor!) but very rarely allow the coupons to apply to women's razors.  Which is why I now just buy whichever decent quality razor is cheapest and use that.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 04:50:57 AM »
I'm not going to buy one until they add fragrance.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »
I love these pens. It keeps the guys in my diesel classes from stealing them.  ;D

Amen.  Even before rhe neat gel variety, disappearing pens were an unfortunate fact of office life.  Some years ago, another woman and I discovered a type of pen in a dollar store.  The barrels were very slender and short.  They wrote just fine but their size and shape were so uncomfortable in the average male hand that we never lost any. 

lilfox

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 06:14:15 PM »
I'm not going to buy one until they add fragrance.

;D  And glitter!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »
Review: 2 stars

The Bic For Her is a gorgeous pen, fits comfortably in a lady's hand, and that it why I am not giving this pen 1 star.  You see, this is not a pen for the modern age. It writes beautifully, don't get me wrong.  But all it writes is cursive, and in an age of iPads and laptops, no one I know can read cursive anymore!

*new*mommyagain36

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 12:36:26 PM »
Hilarious and now that I see them I want to go buy them - they're actually very pretty!   >:(
"Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything.  14% of people know that" - Homer Simpson

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 03:08:14 PM »
I actually haven't been able to find them anywhere! I wonder if Bic has yanked them because of the response?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 03:51:49 PM »
I still crack up over the Veet For Men reviews on Amazon UK, if ever I need a good laugh, I just read those and they cheer me up!

POD