Author Topic: Rude Neighbors?  (Read 3201 times)

theatrevenus

Rude Neighbors?
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:31:28 PM »
Not sure if this qualifies as rude but I would love someone else's opinion on it. A new neighbor moved in to our apartment this past week. First the took up 2 spots with their moving truck for 3 days. Now I know everybody has to move but parking is really limited and they didn't even start unloading till day 3. Then when they started unloading they put up a ramp that blocked the hall way so that you could only get in or out of the building by climbing over the ramp. They left it this way for almost 8 hours. They threw all their boxes in the dumpster which would be fine except they didn't break them down so it go full very quickly. When it was full the just piled the rest of their trash outside of their apartment and left it there for 5 days. There is another dumpster for the complex but they did want to walk the 20 feet to it so the waited till the trash was picked up to put all the rest of the trash in the dumpster closest to them and then fill it up again the same day with unbroken down boxes. Are the rude or am I just too easily annoyed?

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Rude Neighbors?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:43:35 PM »
No, that's pretty rude, but if you really are that annoyed by it and similar behavior continues, take it to the landlord.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »
I'd have complained about the truck, about the ramp, and then about the trash.  You are far more patient than I would have been.  The landlord would have been hearing about it from day 1 if it were me.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 11:22:04 PM »
Why on Earth did no one complain with the truck in two spaces after 8-12 hours, let alone 48-72? They were really bad, but you blew it by not complaining right off.

As for the unbroken boxes: that was really bad, too. Maybe they didn't know better?

I fear for what is to come from them, but please approach them with the hope for the best..........?

theatrevenus

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 12:12:41 AM »
I did call the landlord about the trash but they seemed to be confused as to why this was a problem. I do plan on calling again though if it continues. I know our lease has a clause that we are suppose to be fined for leaving trash by our doors.

Margo

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 07:53:18 AM »
I agree that this was rude and inconsiderate - I appreciate that you may not be able to move furniture etc. into an apartment without using a ramp, but it would have been better had tey let neighbours know, and removed the ramp whn it wasn't in use.

I think you would have been fine saying something at the time.

That said, it sounds as though the incidents were all related to their moving in, so I personally would prbably leave it to see whether there are any problems once they are living there, and then let the land lord know.

It might also be worth while asking the landlord about providing guidelines to any new tenants so that this isn't repeated next time anyone moves in.

MOM21SON

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 04:30:22 PM »
I certainly agree that they were rude.  However, i would not have said anything.  Why start off on a bad foot with new neighbors.  I know people that have had to sell their homes because a confrontation with a neighbor got out of hand.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 01:31:39 AM »

Hopefully it was only temporary rudeness. Moving into a new apartment is a lot of work and it is easy to disregard details when you're trying to unload a double-parked truck, etc.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

tangelloyellow

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 11:33:06 PM »
Yes, I would be more worried about how they will go in the future if they started off like this...

I hope for your sake it doesn't go that way but if it does at least we will get to read all about it.  >:D