Author Topic: Clothing Recommendations? (workout gear)  (Read 1145 times)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
Clothing Recommendations? (workout gear)
« on: October 14, 2012, 03:48:08 AM »
Having a hard time with workout clothes, because the PX brand stuff seems to stretch out/get loose in the wash way too easy. Any recommendations?

P.S. Missed you guys! Korea was.... interesting.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
Re: Clothing Recommendations? (workout gear)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 03:54:09 AM »
Missed you too!

Stuff I've had from Hanes and Lands End has been good.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 04:54:54 AM »
after many years and many different brands i find it most comfortable to exercise in cotton sleeveless tops/tank taps and cotton pants or shorts (like yoga pants or thin sweat pants), and sports bras. I go to a cheapie store and buy 7 sets so i have a week's worth of clothing, and throw them out when they get icky.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

jmarvellous

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 11:59:26 AM »
I have Wal-Mart Danskin sports bras because they were so cheap, but they've been remarkably good for support, price and durability. I don't run them through the washing machine every use, which wears out the elastic, but instead gently hand wash and hang to dry. Literally the only Wal-Mart product I'd recommend.

For modesty, I use soccer shorts, which have some give and length to them. Cotton-blend yoga pants if it's cool enough.

I prefer tanks to T's, but I don't have any really strong recommendations.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 12:06:36 PM »
after many years and many different brands i find it most comfortable to exercise in cotton sleeveless tops/tank taps and cotton pants or shorts (like yoga pants or thin sweat pants), and sports bras. I go to a cheapie store and buy 7 sets so i have a week's worth of clothing, and throw them out when they get icky.

Ditto for me. I don't like to spend a lot of money on workout gear, because even the "good stuff" gets icky after a while. The only thing I really pay attention to is the neckline on the shirts. I can't stand ones that have a crew neck while I'm working out! I always look for a scoop or v-neck so I don't choke myself. ;)

snowdragon

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
I love the Danskin pants. so much so that I wear them constantly, I've stopped wearing jeans and sweatpants in favor of these things.

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 04:45:48 PM »
They are pricey, but I've fallen in love with Lucy.  I only buy stuff on clearance, though, which helps make it slightly more affordable.  Because my workouts are mostly ballet/modern dance classes, I tend to buy the tops with bra support included, rather than sports bras, so I can't speak to the quality of their bras, but the tops and the pants are great.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
Sorry, no recommendations.

Just wanted to say "Welcome Home!" :D

singingserpent

• I like pie.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
They are pricey, but I've fallen in love with Lucy.  I only buy stuff on clearance, though, which helps make it slightly more affordable.  Because my workouts are mostly ballet/modern dance classes, I tend to buy the tops with bra support included, rather than sports bras, so I can't speak to the quality of their bras, but the tops and the pants are great.

Lucy is my favorite brand for pants! I don't know anyone else who wears that brand. I find the quality very comparable to Lululemon and the prices are so much more affordable. I like the designs of their tops as well, but I tend to need stuff designed for a longer torso.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 07:48:54 PM »
Welcome home!!!

I'm a big fan of Under Armour since I'm a B'more gal and they're a B'more brand.  I get everything from their factory stores, not the outlet stores. 

One thing people tend to not like about them is the close fit of the clothing. They do have semi fitted and loose fit clothing, but the wicking isn't as good as the regular tight fit 

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
Welcome back!

I either go with Target's Champions line or Under Armour.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls